OneSoccer

Foreen

• 4 weeks later...

This may have already need noted somewhere here but I renewed my subscription (about 5 minutes into the Lille game on the weekend) and it was once again for a one-year period.  Glad to see that they went with the full 12 months rather than the season subscription they went with last time around.  No idea if I will get any Nats games with everything going on (would OS have rights to “home” WCQ games if they were based in Florida...?) but it will get me the CPL season, Lille, and anything else they happen to tag on.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

18 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

This may have already need noted somewhere here but I renewed my subscription (about 5 minutes into the Lille game on the weekend) and it was once again for a one-year period.  Glad to see that they went with the full 12 months rather than the season subscription they went with last time around.  No idea if I will get any Nats games with everything going on (would OS have rights to “home” WCQ games if they were based in Florida...?) but it will get me the CPL season, Lille, and anything else they happen to tag on.  

I think I resubscribed about 5 minutes before you did.  I don't remember seeing that it was for 12 months rather than until the year end, but I admit I was in a hurry to get to the game before it started.  Where did you see that detail?

Also, someone above mentioned that there was a big price hike for the subscription this year, but I think I may have paid more last year (it was $85 with tax this year).  Hmm, I'll have to check whether I'm subscribed for less stuff now.

Edit:  I should have looked at my subscription details before posting the above.  My account says that it expires one year from last Sunday, and I paid the exact same amount both years.

Perhaps those who saw a price hike had a CPL-related discount before?

Edited by rkomar
Updated info.

23 minutes ago, rkomar said:

I think I resubscribed about 5 minutes before you did.  I don't remember seeing that it was for 12 months rather than until the year end, but I admit I was in a hurry to get to the game before it started.  Where did you see that detail?

Also, someone above mentioned that there was a big price hike for the subscription this year, but I think I may have paid more last year (it was $85 with tax this year).  Hmm, I'll have to check whether I'm subscribed for less stuff now.

Edit:  I should have looked at my subscription details before posting the above.  My account says that it expires one year from last Sunday, and I paid the exact same amount both years.

Perhaps those who saw a price hike had a CPL-related discount before?

The only price hike I ever referenced was the fact that they charged the same amount for what ended up being a 6 month subscription when they moved to a season model.  So when I subbed in June, I paid $75 plus tax (same basic rate as year one I think) but didn’t get close to 12 months of subscription.  So it was a “price hike” insofar as you paid the same amount for half the time.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

The only price hike I ever referenced was the fact that they charged the same amount for what ended up being a 6 month subscription when they moved to a season model. 

It was $70+tax ... at least by the time I looked in June. Which might have been great, but my 1-year subscription didn't expire until near the end of September, and they STILL wanted $70 for only 4 months ($17.50 a month).

I also recently resubscribed for $75 for 12 months ($6.25 a month). My previous $75 subscription expired in late August DURING the Island games, and damned if I was going to give them $70 for only 4 months (September-December), especially when most of the Forge games left seemed to be on CBC or CHCH-TV.

I can see that they might well not want to sell new 1-year subscriptions at that point - but I'm surprised they didn't automatically roll over all the ones that expired after they started the $70 thing - especially as I saw when I resubscribed they still had my current VISA card on file! Every other streaming service I have, just sends me an email before, and charges me for another year on my anniversary date.

I wonder if they'll do something odd again when the CPL season approaches.

Edited by nfitz

So what happened with One Soccer Today. It is like they deleted it from existence on One Soccer. Am I going mad? Did this show even exist? It was in the menu and scheduled. But simply disappeared yesterday on my One Soccer. 

I quite liked it, seems a shame for something that clearly wouldn't cost much money to put together to get canned. Maybe I was the only person that watched it lol

17 hours ago, toontownman said:

So what happened with One Soccer Today. It is like they deleted it from existence on One Soccer. Am I going mad? Did this show even exist? It was in the menu and scheduled. But simply disappeared yesterday on my One Soccer. 

I quite liked it, seems a shame for something that clearly wouldn't cost much money to put together to get canned. Maybe I was the only person that watched it lol

Huh. I don't see it there either for some reason, and I don't see any record/mention of it now apart from on their Youtube channel. I don't think they intended it to be a short-term thing, so I'm a bit puzzled as well. 

I do see on Twitter that it's "coming back" on 8 Feb, though I'm still not sure why it went away. Maybe they're getting set up back in studio or something? 

Edited by m-g-williams

3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

my subscription expired at the end of dec but its actually still working for me. anyone else have this "problem"?

I didn't have this "problem".  I lost access the next day after my subscription expired at the end of January.  It even took me right to the subscription screen when I logged in and tried to watch something.  It's weird that it's different for some.

Edited by rkomar

4 hours ago, rkomar said:

I didn't have this "problem".  I lost access the next day after my subscription expired at the end of January.  It even took me right to the subscription screen when I logged in and tried to watch something.  It's weird that it's different for some.

What subscription did you have and when did you set it up? I noticed they renamed the season pass to year pass or year season pass? I wonder if they just changed it to paying annually. So maybe anyone the signed up in August for example the island games actually have until August and they upgrade accounts to be for a year. 

It is the same on mine. I didnt want to shout about it lol. 

8 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

Huh. I don't see it there either for some reason, and I don't see any record/mention of it now apart from on their Youtube channel. I don't think they intended it to be a short-term thing, so I'm a bit puzzled as well. 

I do see on Twitter that it's "coming back" on 8 Feb, though I'm still not sure why it went away. Maybe they're getting set up back in studio or something? 

Yeah it was dubious. I had a couple to catch up on as they work well as podcasts in the car. 

Glad to see it's back. Thought maybe Wheeler had been naughty and they had to eradicate all trace of him for one soccer. We all know if it was anyone it would be always be wheels. 😃

17 minutes ago, toontownman said:

What subscription did you have and when did you set it up? I noticed they renamed the season pass to year pass or year season pass? I wonder if they just changed it to paying annually. So maybe anyone the signed up in August for example the island games actually have until August and they upgrade accounts to be for a year. 

It is the same on mine. I didnt want to shout about it lol. 

I had a year's subscription that I got January 30, 2020.  Last Sunday (Jan 31, 2021), I had to resubscribe to watch Lille play.  I was able to watch stuff the day before.  So, the system was working properly for me.

15 hours ago, nfitz said:

Sounds like those who were on an annual subscription, had it completely expire (why they don't autorenew like everyone else I don't know).

But those who signed up last summer on the $70 until end of December deal, have got a bit of a freebie. For now at least.

Yeah, I just checked mine. My subscription to OneSoccer was included as part of my season ticket/Collective Membership. Instead of expiring at the end of 2020 as advertised, the expiration date is now August 2021.

Weird random thought that is 99% a non starter. Will throw it out anyway.

Would people be interested in an online watch party for the Canada games? Normally there are physical watch parties across Canada for games which simply aren't going to be happening. If One Soccer hosted something like this would anyone here be interested in tuning in to watch? 

Obviously this would have to be for subscribers only and I don't know the legalities involved but between their youtube and facebook page they could surely do their own watch party for subscribers. 

It's pretty pie in the sky because generally their customer service is absolutely shocking from my experience but i think if there would be enough people interested it would be a nice way to unite the V's and get a few more people involved. For OneSoccer maybe they get a few more subscribers but certainly more social media hits. 

It's easy enough to just set up a zoom call ourselves too but I think it would be good coming from OneSoccer or even the CSA hosting something imo. 

Don't even ask where my brain is at to come up with this type of nonsense.

Edit: Will also make a thread somewhere more appropriate if people are interested in such a thing. It started feeling relevant to One Soccer but maybe just needs shovelling somewhere dark and hidden.

Edited by toontownman