Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

I agree, he is our best dual right now and the one I mostly would like to see commit!!!!... Although, in all reality it may not happen anytime soon or even EVER!!!!😢.... If we count him, I would say he is our best prospect after the double D's and Liam Millar!!!!... Like his flair and playmaking he possesses as a number 10.... Got confirmation that at this time, CANMNT is his 3rd option, like (any surprise there, really!!!) and he would be an excellent addition!!!!... Will post the screenshot of the tweet shortly!... Tweet confirms that they strongly beleive CANMNT IS 3rd choice..... Very reliable when it comes to our dual National players! 😉

Screenshot_20200704-160624.png

Edited by CANMNT_SUPERFAN

15 hours ago, CANMNT_SUPERFAN said:

I agree, he is our best dual right now and the one I mostly would like to see commit!!!!... Although, in all reality it may not happen anytime soon or even EVER!!!!😢.... If we count him, I would say he is our best prospect after the double D's and Liam Millar!!!!... Like his flair and playmaking he possesses as a number 10.... Got confirmation that at this time, CANMNT is his 3rd option, like (any surprise there, really!!!) and he would be an excellent addition!!!!... Will post the screenshot of the tweet shortly!... Tweet confirms that they strongly beleive CANMNT IS 3rd choice..... Very reliable when it comes to our dual National players! 😉

Screenshot_20200704-160624.png

Really I tried to tell all of you that Canada was basically low on his list because for him it is basically between Netherlands and Turkey for him. If either one of those teams decides to cap him, not a lot that Canada can really do. Unless both nations decide not to cap him or take an interest, then and only then would Canada have a shot at him.

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Really I tried to tell all of you that Canada was basically low on his list because for him it is basically between Netherlands and Turkey for him. If either one of those teams decides to cap him, not a lot that Canada can really do. Unless both nations decide not to cap him or take an interest, then and only then would Canada have a shot at him.

No offence, but it’s not like you were revealing something most of us didn’t already know.  

6 minutes ago, jordan said:

He said in an interview that he’s eligible for all three and none of the three have  approached him 

That's weird. I thought Canada had made contact and he was not prepared to commit. Think it was from Herdman either in an interview or article.

16 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

That's weird. I thought Canada had made contact and he was not prepared to commit. Think it was from Herdman either in an interview or article.

There was a comment that Herdman went after a player, and the article speculated it could be him. Not 100% sure.

https://www.sporx.com/ferdi-kadioglu-milli-takim-icin-turkiye-hollanda-veya-kanadayi-secebilirim-SXHBQ854656SXQ there’s some info in here

He has the luxury to wait it out. These are the windows he could commit to Canada

1. Canada qualifies for 2022 with 2026 being a sure thing / No call up from Netherlands or Turkey- Could commit for 2022 World Cup.
  2. Canada miss 2022 but qualify for 2026 - He could commit if he isn't called up by Turkey or Netherlands by 2024 Euro

There really isn't any urgency in his case to commit. It will be Netherlands #1 always and if they don't call him up, it's Canada or Turkey. I think we could have an edge that we will be in one of the next 2 World Cups at a minimum

Just now, Ansem said:

He has the luxury to wait it out. These are the windows he could commit to Canada

1. Canada qualifies for 2022 with 2026 being a sure thing / No call up from Netherlands or Turkey- Could commit for 2022 World Cup.
  2. Canada miss 2022 but qualify for 2026 - He could commit if he isn't called up by Turkey or Netherlands by 2024 Euro

There really isn't any urgency in his case to commit. It will be Netherlands #1 always and if they don't call him up, it's Canada or Turkey. I think we could have an edge that we will be in one of the next 2 World Cups at a minimum

That is definitely not the only reason a player might pick which nation to play for. I would imagine he feels a much stronger connection to both Turkey and the Netherlands. I see almost a zero percent chance that he ever suits up for us. Even if he isn't good enough for either country, do we even need him at that point?

2 minutes ago, Fullback said:

That is definitely not the only reason a player might pick which nation to play for. I would imagine he feels a much stronger connection to both Turkey and the Netherlands. I see almost a zero percent chance that he ever suits up for us. Even if he isn't good enough for either country, do we even need him at that point?

Good points

3 minutes ago, Fullback said:

Not a lot of players pass out the opportunity to play for a world cup. Lots of dual players will think about HARD for 2026. Whether we make 2022 or not will most likely accelerate his final decision as that he could be in the World Cup potentially twice in a row.

It's really Netherlands move here unless Turkey both qualify AND call him up for 2022

You're never "too deep" at midfield and yes, I'd take him in a heartbeat

Edited by Ansem

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

Not a lot of players pass out the opportunity to play for a world cup. Lots of dual players will think about HARD for 2026. Whether we make 2022 or not will most likely accelerate his final decision as that he could be in the World Cup potentially twice in a row.

It's really Netherlands move here unless Turkey both qualify AND call him up for 2022

You're never "too deep" at midfield and yes, I'd take him in a heartbeat

You seem to be ignoring the connection someone has to a country. This isn't club football where a guy is solely going to pick which team to play for based on where he'll have success. Let's be real the guy has almost no connection to Canada. 

I would also argue not a lot of Turkish people would pass up the opportunity to play for the Turkish squad to play for Canada. The chance to help Turkey or the Netherlands get to a world cup might be more important to him than playing for a country in a world cup that he has no emotional connection to.

I also have the unpopular opinion in that I'd rather not have a player join us only because his first two options didn't want him. 

2 minutes ago, Fullback said:

You seem to be ignoring the connection someone has to a country. This isn't club football where a guy is solely going to pick which team to play for based on where he'll have success. Let's be real the guy has almost no connection to Canada. 

I would also argue not a lot of Turkish people would pass up the opportunity to play for the Turkish squad to play for Canada. The chance to help Turkey or the Netherlands get to a world cup might be more important to him than playing for a country in a world cup that he has no emotional connection to.

I also have the unpopular opinion in that I'd rather not have a player join us only because his first two options didn't want him. 

💯 CAN I GET AN AMEN

35 minutes ago, Fullback said:

I'm fully aware of that. That's why I said IF neither of them calls him up. Not many would pass the chance to play in a World Cup. Many examples have happened the other way where they simply committed to the nation that had the best chance to play them in a world cup.

We're just speculating, we don't know what's on his mind

Very possible, the opposite is a possibility as well. Has he even think about the Canada/World Cup angle? Possible too, but I did say that he had the "luxury" to wait it out.

100% agree on that. As you pointed out, he has less ties to Canada than the other 2. I dislike more guys that are born here with ties here and openly say that we're the ugly chick at 2am unless we qualify (like De Guzman), than guys with legitimate reasons to not view us as their 1st option like Ferdi who has no ties here. It makes sense in his case to wait out both Turkey and Netherlands where for De Guzman, we could have used him at that time before his "decision moment"

It got us Arfield after all, Scotland lost on him big time by not capping after he played for their youth team.

Like I said, everything's possible

32 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

💯 CAN I GET AN AMEN

NO

Edited by Ansem

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

I'm fully aware of that. That's why I said IF neither of them calls him up. Not many would pass the chance to play in a World Cup. Many examples have happened the other way where they simply committed to the nation that had the best chance to play them in a world cup.

We're just speculating, we don't know what's on his mind

Very possible, the opposite is a possibility as well. Has he even think about the Canada/World Cup angle? Possible too, but I did say that he had the "luxury" to wait it out.

100% agree on that. As you pointed out, he has less ties to Canada than the other 2. I dislike more guys that are born here with ties here and openly say that we're the ugly chick at 2am unless we qualify (like De Guzman), than guys with legitimate reasons to not view us as their 1st option like Ferdi who has no ties here. It makes sense in his case to wait out both Turkey and Netherlands where for De Guzman, we could have used him at that time before his "decision moment"

It got us Arfield after all, Scotland lost on him big time by not capping after he played for their youth team.

Like I said, everything's possible

NO

How about you FUCK OFF? How about that? I'm in no fuckin mood today all right...haven't been for the past few days ever since losing my brother🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡

2 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

How about you **** OFF? How about that? I'm in no fuckin mood today all right...haven't been for the past few days ever since losing my brother🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡

Hey TGAA, Sorry for your loss. I understand you must be going through a hard time, you should probably take a few days off from here. That was a pretty bad reaction to Ansem not giving you an amen.

12 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Hey TGAA, Sorry for your loss. I understand you must be going through a hard time, you should probably take a few days off from here. That was a pretty bad reaction to Ansem not giving you an amen.

Thank you for the condolences no really bro and I will but that doesn't mean that I won't come for whoever tries to start any shit with me because all I feel besides grief is rage so I'm looking for anyone to give me a reason to go FUCKING OFF

35 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

How about you **** OFF? How about that? I'm in no fuckin mood today all right...haven't been for the past few days ever since losing my brother🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡

That;s how you react when someone says "no" to you?

Wow...

Next time, just ignore me

You have my sympathies

Just now, Ansem said:

That;s how you react when someone says "no" to you?

Wow...

Next time, just ignore me

You have my sympathies

Oh you're beautiful...you're beautiful...why don't you get back in your FUCKIN HOLE NOW? I swear to Christ next person who tries to fuckin get at me I swear to God🤬🤬🤬🤬 

Thanks

15 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Oh you're beautiful...you're beautiful...why don't you get back in your FUCKIN HOLE NOW? I swear to Christ next person who tries to fuckin get at me I swear to God🤬🤬🤬🤬 

Thanks

I'm handsome, not beautiful