Ferdi Kadioglu

Ansem

16 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am unclear about what this represents.  

It was a tweet from Aug 21st indicating that Ferdi was going to play for Turkey. I was reading today that he wanted to meet with the Turkish national team coach 3 weeks ago and the coach wouldn’t return his call. Could all be speculation though. 

9 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

Why 6-12 months? Doesn't he just need to file his official switch and it's done?

Because he probably wouldn't file the switch until there were matches coming up, and despite WCQ matches scheduled there is a lot of skepticism that they will actually happen (and if they do, skepticism that the Europe-based players will be able to overcome the COVID logistics).  Thus it could be a while before we can get him on the field and lock it down.

41 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Because he probably wouldn't file the switch until there were matches coming up, and despite WCQ matches scheduled there is a lot of skepticism that they will actually happen (and if they do, skepticism that the Europe-based players will be able to overcome the COVID logistics).  Thus it could be a while before we can get him on the field and lock it down.

The one-time switch process takes months so if he’s made his decision I’m sure he’s already started the process. If he waits till games are announced it will be too late.

2 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

The one-time switch process takes months so if he’s made his decision I’m sure he’s already started the process. If he waits till games are announced it will be too late.

That’s a good point. It is also a big IF and I think if that was the case he would have said so, but all that is reported is that he was invited to play, far as I can tell.