General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

I honestly felt Cuba players were in on the fix of the handicap line of -5.5 or maybe that's just me. Bizzare opening 15 mins and entire first half by Cuba. 

The added insurance goal to ensure a cover of 6 goals or more ( only goal in 2nd half), quite comical. Defender jumped then literally through his arm out to block it with his hand. 

Regardless we will never know but that was quite the interesting level of intensity by the Cubans to open the match.

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I had this exact same thought.  It is partly a testament to us underperforming in the past and presumably also due to our reluctance to play friendlies.  

But how are they ranked higher than Panama even?  A team that made the WC. 

But especially us - we beat them at home and drew them away last WCQ.  And they have been poor in Gold cups as well.  Where are the points coming from?  Central American championships?  Their one win against Jamaica in CNL Qualifying?  We lost to Haiti and Mexico in the last year - they lost to Bermuda and Dominican Republic!!  We really shot ourselves in the foot not having friendlies.

Edited by CanadaFan123

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I had this exact same thought.  It is partly a testament to us underperforming in the past and presumably also due to our reluctance to play friendlies.  

Also, the fact that we don't get high-yield matches against glorified pub teams in the Caribbean and Central American championships always puts at a disadvantage against teams like T&T and El Salvador.