Jump to content
Sébastien

General - CONCACAF Nations League

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

ES had a strong penalty appeal denied in injury time.  Coach lost his mind and was sent off.  DR wasted at least 3 minutes of injury time faking injuries but the ref didn't add more time

How was that penalty not called 😂

El Salvador got Conacaf’d hard core 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Further confirmation that Mexico will field a weakened side in Nations League against Panama  

 

It's ok an expiremental squad is much better than a U23 side.

The majority of Mexican players rep the El Tri with so much pride. For a handful of those players called they will go full throttle to impress the coach. It might be there only chance. I'd be more worried if they call in an U23 side. 

Liga MX and MLS has enough depth to beat Panama...at least I hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

It's ok an expiremental squad is much better than a U23 side.

The majority of Mexican players rep the El Tri with so much pride. For a handful of those players called they will go full throttle to impress the coach. It might be there only chance. I'd be more worried if they call in an U23 side. 

Liga MX and MLS has enough depth to beat Panama...at least I hope so.

A lot of Mexican fans already think they should be calling more domestic players. Outside of the big names in Europe like Raul, Chucky, etc. they make the argument for ligamx players ahead of lesser players in Europe to fill out the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Liga MX is soo deep in quality, there won't be much effect to the result. Mexico's C team or allstars would still be considered dangerous in Concacaf.

I agree with what @apbsmith said of being "more worried if they call in an U23 side."...that's a different  story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is simply pissed me off:

The last game of our group with be USA plays Cuba at home!

That means they know how many goals they need to take the lead of a tie break if US and CANADA have identical points.

I know the seeded team has to have some advantage.  But this is insane. 

Why not let the top two teams clash for the last round? 

I still scrap my head: we have an Canadian CONCACAF chairman......

Then we have this historical xxxx WCQ format, then we have this xxxx Nations League schedule.....

I would like Mr Warner back.

 

 

Edited by lamptern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the schedule is actually OK for us. We never have to play a team when they are more rested than us. Even if the last two USA games were reversed they would still essentially know how many goals they need against Cuba. If the first Canada vs USA game was a draw then they have to do better than +7 against Cuba. If we win the home game, thus forcing USA to beat us in USA, they would just do the math on a 1 goal win vs us and see how much they need against Cuba.

Edited by Kent
Thus, not this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta get at least 4 from the USA and knock them out the old fashion way.

To be the best you have to beat the best.

They have more depth than us, but aside from their one special player we can match them man-for-man. You can only play 3 subs in a match, so their superior depth counts for little. Any of our subs will be as talented as theirs. It's going to be about who wants it more.

Despite their insistence on possession football, they are not Spain. They are not even Mexico. El Tri pressed them, we would be wise to do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Gotta get at least 4 from the USA and knock them out the old fashion way.

To be the best you have to beat the best.

They have more depth than us, but aside from their one special player we can match them man-for-man. You can only play 3 subs in a match, so their superior depth counts for little. Any of our subs will be as talented as theirs. It's going to be about who wants it more.

Despite their insistence on possession football, they are not Spain. They are not even Mexico. El Tri pressed them, we would be wise to do the same.

That is where Cav will be a welcome addition back into the line.  He tends to hound people trying to pass around the back.  With David and Davies doing the same, anyone not expert at knocking it around might have a tough game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, shorty said:

Press Bradley hard if they play him. He still has some decent games for TFC but you can see he’s lost a step and has coughed the ball up many times in the last year resulting in dangerous turnovers. 

I think they've finally moved on from Bradley. Berhalter is blooding his new guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lansdude said:

I think they've finally moved on from Bradley. Berhalter is blooding his new guys.

3G wants a type of 6 who can deliver diagonals to their wide players. Bradley is still their best DM for that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PopePouri said:

3G wants a type of 6 who can deliver diagonals to their wide players. Bradley is still their best DM for that.  

Right now it looks like Adams is his guy. Guess he could always go back to Bradley here and there depending on the window but in 2022 I doubt he's still around. Getting the young guys woven into the new system over the next few years is going to be the priority. I bet we see don't see Bradley in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lansdude said:

Right now it looks like Adams is his guy. Guess he could always go back to Bradley here and there depending on the window but in 2022 I doubt he's still around. Getting the young guys woven into the new system over the next few years is going to be the priority. I bet we see don't see Bradley in October.

Adams is still injured, Wil Trapp is terrible, and Weston McKennie is in poor form. Given where the Oct. 15 match is being played, it's a good bet Bradley is on the USMNT roster, if not starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, RS said:

Adams is still injured, Wil Trapp is terrible, and Weston McKennie is in poor form. Given where the Oct. 15 match is being played, it's a good bet Bradley is on the USMNT roster, if not starting.

Totally depends on Adams recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lansdude said:

Totally depends on Adams recovery.

Perhaps, but Adams doesn't provide the passing range that Bradley does (as @PopePouri stated).

Adams is better in every other facet of the game now, but a good-passing 6 is paramount to Berhalter's system. If anything, they could even play together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Bradley plays. He coughs up the ball regularly and is slower than a 36 year old Hutchinson. He is a pathetic ball hogging, lateral passing, shadow of his former self who in his prime couldn't hack it in Europe, and let's not forget the time he went studs first to the back of Julian deGuzman's knee at the '07 Gold Cup. 

All of his penalty misses for TFC show how truly gutless he is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

I hope Bradley plays. He coughs up the ball regularly and is slower than a 36 year old Hutchinson. He is a pathetic ball hogging, lateral passing, shadow of his former self who in his prime couldn't hack it in Europe, and let's not forget the time he went studs first to the back of Julian deGuzman's knee at the '07 Gold Cup. 

All of his penalty misses for TFC show how truly gutless he is. 

In no way is all this boastful ****-talking going to come back to bite you in the ass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to say your comments were a little harsh.  Suffice to say he is slowing down but he is still among the best CDM in MLS and without him we don’t make 3 finals and win 1.  I love the fact that Atiba is better, but Bradley has been a great team leader and an important part of TFC’s winning run.  And I would love it if we free up 5 million and let Fraser take his spot next year.  But give him his deserved credit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...