General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

7 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Right now it looks like Adams is his guy. Guess he could always go back to Bradley here and there depending on the window but in 2022 I doubt he's still around. Getting the young guys woven into the new system over the next few years is going to be the priority. I bet we see don't see Bradley in October.

Adams is not his guy - at least in the midfield. GB wants to play Adams on the back line. Anyway, he's injured - not likely to be ready for October at least.

5 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Have to say your comments were a little harsh.  Suffice to say he is slowing down but he is still among the best CDM in MLS and without him we don’t make 3 finals and win 1.  I love the fact that Atiba is better, but Bradley has been a great team leader and an important part of TFC’s winning run.  And I would love it if we free up 5 million and let Fraser take his spot next year.  But give him his deserved credit.

Are the 3 finals you are counting the 2 MLS finals and a CCL final?

I agree the comments were harsh, but Bradley is definitely on the decline in my opinion. I haven't seen a ton of MAK, but I would snap him up in a heart beat over Bradley. Too bad TFC didn't know what they had when he was in their system.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that UEFA has already caught the expansion bug with their Nations League and expanded League A to 16 teams.  This pretty much makes UEFA completely friendlyless (is that a word?) outside of June.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2625412.html

I'm sure CONCACAF will manage to come up with another format change as fu(ked up as WCQ.

1 hour ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Interesting that UEFA has already caught the expansion bug with their Nations League and expanded League A to 16 teams.  This pretty much makes UEFA completely friendlyless (is that a word?) outside of June.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2625412.html

I'm sure CONCACAF will manage to come up with another format change as fu(ked up as WCQ.

If CONCACAF does the same, I'd rather have them do 2 groups of four rather than 4 groups of four.

• 2 weeks later...

Bored near the end of a work day and thought I would throw this together for myself and share it. Please correct if needed.

Teams in CONCACAF within 40 ranking points of us - two above and two below us - And what they are doing this window for viewing or interest. Times are British Summer Time (so most are a day "earlier" for those in Canada)

HONDURAS (1359 - 67th/5th) 

- Friday 11th - 00 : 00 -  Nations' League - Away - Trinidad and Tobago  (1226 - 100th)

- Monday 14th  - 03 : 00 - Nations' League - Home - Martinique (not in FIFA - no affect on rankings) 

EL SALVADOR (1327 - 72nd/6th)

- Sunday 13th - 03 : 00 -  Nations' League - Away - Montserrat (912- 180th)

- Tuesday 15th - 22 : 00 -  Nations' League - Away - St Lucia (969 - 174th)

CURACAO (1320 - 76th/8th)

- Cancelled friendly vs. Panama

- Monday 14th - 01: 00 -  Nations' League - Away - Costa Rica (1442 - 43rd)

PANAMA (1316 - 77th/9th) 

- Cancelled friendly vs. Curacao 

- Wednesday 16th - 02 : 30 -  Nations' League - Away - Mexico (1603- 12th)

More specifically, the winner of this hypothetical Panama vs Curaçao game would get 5 points and the loser would lose 5 points. If it ended in a draw they would not gain or lose any significant fraction of a point.

So as for whether it is good or bad for us, it depends on the result of the game and the result of the remaining games for both teams. Say Panama wins the game, they get 5 points but Curaçao loses 5 points. If Panama does poorly afterwards and aren’t in the running for 6th despite the win, then maybe the fact Curaçao lost those 5 points makes the difference for us sneaking in to sixth.

T&T and Honduras are supposed to be playing each other right now. It's 7:10, game was scheduled for 7:00. OneSoccer is still playing filler instead of game coverage. CONCACAF's website doesn't show the game in progress yet either. Any news on this in the twittersphere? Delay to the start?