General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

3 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

So where does this put us in FIFA rankings?

I didn't spend much time on Curacao and I am going off of memory, but I think we are ahead of Panama by a bit, ahead of Curacao by a tiny bit, and about 6 points behind El Salvador.

The one thing I would say about the World Cup Qualifying format is that its made the Concacaf Nations League quite exciting as all these games matter so much for the sides in probably the 4-10 FIFA rankings for the region which has made it more exciting for the fans.  

Edited by An Observer

I don't think that was El Salvador's last loss.  Montserrat still has two cracks at them.

Herdman is rattling off the ranking math in his press conference.  Knows exactly how many points Panama and El Salvador dropped and mentions the 18 points at stake against the US in October.  

Edited by CanadianSoccerFan

1 minute ago, Blackdude said:

I expect us to be in 7th in CONCACAF when the next rankings come out. Curaçao and Panama will be right behind us, but not too far, but I think Curaçao has the best chance at unseating El Salvador.

Yeah, for as beatable as the USA seems to be, Costa Rica is probably the easier opponent by a healthy margin.

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

Lost in all the excitement for Canada is the fact that El Salvador's loss means Montserrat now leads that group at the moment. It would be great to see them qualify for the Gold Cup after they had come so close last time around.

Actually I think DR is more likely. DRs loss away was against the run of play. I think that groups a toss up

Just now, jtpc said:

Can't wait for the next rankings update on September 19th.

6th is definitely in play now for the Hex. Get that November friendly finalized!

The good news about the friendlies is that we are better than our actual ranking. 

We have lots of choice of nations ranked above us but we know we can beat.

Another crack at Scotland anyone?

Screenshot_20190910-221959_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3197039721821ccdc66674fcfa39c439.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

True, but the US wasn't necessarily at full strength either.

In other news Honduras is losing right now to Chile at half-time

True.

The USMNT has more depth than us, that's for sure. Their B team would thrash ours.

However, our A team can rival theirs.

Mexico down 2-0 to Argentina midway through the 1st half, live on onesoccer

Edit - now 3-0 still in the first half. Argentina is sticking it to their old coach!

2nd Edit - 4-0 still in the first half. Araujo, the same dude that got stripped by David of the ball leading to our goal against them is having another woeful night.

Edited by Gian-Luca

1 hour ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

I don't think that was El Salvador's last loss.  Montserrat still has two cracks at them.

Just hope the wild Lyle Taylor injury rumours aren't true!

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/86773/please-dont-shoot-the-messenger-but-i-think-lyle-may-be-injured/p8

Without him, Montserrat are in trouble!