General - CONCACAF Nations League

Sébastien

2 hours ago, Colliedor said:

Montserrat were so much better early on, they really took their foot off the pedal. 

Concacaf can't be watching this game and still think using the rankings are a good idea, surely. El Salvador does not look like a hex team, no where near.

Imagine momentarily changing places: Canada in league B with Montserrat, Dominican Rep. and St. Lucia. El Salvador in league A vs USA and Cuba.

The system is so absurd that it would have been better for Canada to lose to French Guiana and tie with the US Virgin Islands to get to the hex.....:angry:

4 hours ago, ted said:

So, as a British overseas territory, games against Montserrat don't count for the FIFA rankings right? This game had no effect on our quest for the hex?

Maybe thinking of the Martinique game against Honduras tomorrow (tonight, local time)?

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Only French overseas territories aren’t fifa members for some reason (mostly)

So is Tahiti (French Polynesia) the exception because it is a overseas country not a territory now or for some other reason?

(Bored on a Sunday and must get to the bottom of this important matter.)

8 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I think it’s because they are all part of the France FA.  Their club teams even play in the French cup.

The official reason is because they are all apart of France and not considered oversea territories but oversea departments. Which means they are the same as any other region of France. The reason why the uk territories are fifa nations is probably because the uk doesn’t have one team so the players from oversea territories don’t have a country to play for. 

Edited by SkuseisLoose

27 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

The official reason is because they are all apart of France and not considered oversea territories but oversea departments. Which means they are the same as any other region of France. The reason why the uk territories are fifa nations is probably because the uk doesn’t have one team so the players from oversea territories don’t have a country to play for. 

The States and Netherlands have Fifa teams in some of their territories.  I would be interested to know if there is an actual policy or what.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

The States and Netherlands have Fifa teams in some of their territories.  I would be interested to know if there is an actual policy or what.

For the USA it’s because they’re not apart of any state and are therefore oversea territories. Which is different from France, where Martinique and Guadeloupe are considered part of France like Paris is considered part of France. The Netherland ones are considered countries within the kingdom of the Netherlands like how England and Scotland are considered countries within the United Kingdom.

3 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Watching this game I have 2 crazy opinions. We're the 3rd best team in Concacaf and Curucao is the 4th best team

Yea, except we haven’t beat a team better than French Guiana.  I think Jamaica deserves some more respect I think they’re the 4th best team right now based off results and they have Leon Bailey on board.