Charles-Andres Brym

Vince193

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So if anyone has figured out the promotion system from Dutch 2nd to 1st, could you let us know? I see two teams go up directly. Two drop directly from the 1st tier. Then a third team in Eredivisie goes into a playoff, and that team is not decided yet.

But how does the promotion playoff work?

The playoff involves 6 teams (rank 3-8) from the 2nd tier and 1 team (16th place) from the top division.

The first round only involves the 2nd tier teams (3v8, 4v7, 5v6).

The top flight team joins in the next round.

To complicate things a bit the reserve sides aren't allowed in the playoffs. Jong Ajax finished 7th but had to be skipped over.

Brym's club will face one of ADO Den Haag or NAC Breda in the next round. Believe the next match is on Wednesday. FC Eindhoven get to host the 2nd leg at home.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Why not? His contract is with a team from a Latvian club, he's on loan, and officially goes back in 6 weeks. 

Has played u17 for Canada. A Brampton kid. Not going to call him up? 

Well, I don’t think he’s going to get called up because I think there are better options, however at least in hockey, both Finland and Sweden have banned KHL players from their NTs, and Canada would’ve too if our entire roster wasn’t selected from the NHL. Montreal’s symphonic orchestra had to cancel a guest appearance by one of the world’s most renowned piano virtuosos because he’s Russian. Perhaps if we had the next Alphonso Davies developing in the RSL it would be different, but I don’t really think the CSA wants the headache of calling up a player who chose to stay in Russia when the war began.

i don’t say this as a value judgement on Ennin- playing in Russia was a great opportunity for his career and seeing how opportunities disappear at the drop of a hat, who’s to say where he would’ve ended up had he ended his loan early, so I get why he stayed. I don’t think it disqualifies him forever either.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Well, I don’t think he’s going to get called up because I think there are better options, however at least in hockey, both Finland and Sweden have banned KHL players from their NTs, and Canada would’ve too if our entire roster wasn’t selected from the NHL. Montreal’s symphonic orchestra had to cancel a guest appearance by one of the world’s most renowned piano virtuosos because he’s Russian. Perhaps if we had the next Alphonso Davies developing in the RSL it would be different, but I don’t really think the CSA wants the headache of calling up a player who chose to stay in Russia when the war began.

i don’t say this as a value judgement on Ennin- playing in Russia was a great opportunity for his career and seeing how opportunities disappear at the drop of a hat, who’s to say where he would’ve ended up had he ended his loan early, so I get why he stayed. I don’t think it disqualifies him forever either.

Nice backtrack and move the goalposts there.

I’m not sure you know what those words mean..?

Well first you insisted there was no way we could call up a player in the Russian league. 

Then, when it was pointed out he is under contract to a Latvian team, has played for Canada and is a Brampton boy, you retreated to the opinion that he was probably not going to get called up anyways. And to drive that observation home, you mentioned there was a Russian musician once upon a time who had a concert cancelled (ignoring hundreds of Russian musicians in orchestras the world over, and soloists, and opera singers, who are still performing).

1 minute ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

It would be ridiculous to not call a Canadian player just because he played in Russia. 

Agreed. Although I do agree that it would be tricky/near impossible for a player to leave and return to Russia at the moment. If he is not signed after his loan in Russia for next season and returns to Latvia (or elsewhere), there's no reason he should be ruled out

Just now, Approve My Account Pls said:

Agreed. Although I do agree that it would be tricky/near impossible for a player to leave and return to Russia at the moment. If he is not signed after his loan in Russia for next season and returns to Latvia (or elsewhere), there's no reason he should be ruled out

If I was him I'd want to get the hell out anyway, regardless of finances, etc.  If he can play there he's good enough to play somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

If I was him I'd want to get the hell out anyway, regardless of finances, etc.  If he can play there he's good enough to play somewhere else.

Although I heard that Russian league salaries were somehow guaranteed, I am sure the financial situation makes it less lucrative for him to seek out another loan there. As the loan ends, he'll at least have time to consider renewal or not.

That said, if his coach still wants him, it is a hard career decision to make. Perhaps you would not find a similar interest for top flight football even in a lower ranked league. 

But if Ennin could find a way into Danish, Swiss or Austrian top flight, I'm sure that would be an acceptable option for him.

So Brym's Eindhoven play first away then home to Den Haag (The Hague), on the 17th and 21st.

The winner of that tie then plays the winner of the other tie, vs another winner from the 2nd tier playoff against the team ending up 18th in Eredivisie, top flight.

Right now, with a single match to play in Eredivisie, that potentially more difficult rival could be any of 5 teams, to be determined in the final fixture tomorrow.

49 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well first you insisted there was no way we could call up a player in the Russian league. 

Then, when it was pointed out he is under contract to a Latvian team, has played for Canada and is a Brampton boy, you retreated to the opinion that he was probably not going to get called up anyways. And to drive that observation home, you mentioned there was a Russian musician once upon a time who had a concert cancelled (ignoring hundreds of Russian musicians in orchestras the world over, and soloists, and opera singers, who are still performing).

I said in my first post there are other players that are more deserving. Mentioning that everything and anything out of Russia is being banned as of late isn’t moving the goalposts, it’s pointing out the obvious. That pianist wasn’t banned “once upon a time ago”- it was like two months ago. This is current. I also don’t believe if an exception were made it would be made for Ennin because there are more players deserving than him to get called up. 

I said in my first post there are other players that are more deserving. Mentioning that everything and anything out of Russia is being banned as of late isn’t moving the goalposts, it’s pointing out the obvious. That pianist wasn’t banned “once upon a time ago”- it was like two months ago. This is current. I also don’t believe if an exception were made it would be made for Ennin because there are more players deserving than him to get called up. 

So is a player in Russia top flight not good enough, should he be deserving of a ban because he's from Brampton or should we not be playing Iran?

Or do you simply hate classical music? 

You don't have to answer.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So is a player in Russia top flight not good enough, should he be deserving of a ban because he's from Brampton or should we not be playing Iran?

Or do you simply hate classical music? 

You don't have to answer.

You sound like you’re having a stroke. Peace be with you.

Back on track:

Brym and Eindhoven play their next playoff round away to Den Haag tomorrow and home on Saturday.

Then they'll play the winner of the Excelsior-Heracles tie, the latter being the team that fell into the Relegation Playoff spot from Eredivisie. I think that improves Einhoven's chances, as the other teams that could be there, like Sparta Rotterdam or Fortuna Sittard, are bigger clubs with larger stadiums as well.

Basically, the team in the mix from the top flight is not that strong.

I am not sure if the final promotion round is two legs or single match, thing it is the former.

On 5/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, InglewoodJack said:

What I hate about your first post (and I continued to scour your additional replies to see if there was anything added to your point - to no avail), is that you make no mention of “who is more deserving”. You repeat the same phrase twice and still no name mentioned, and decided to delve into politics before even naming someone.

So tell us who the “who” is so we can have a proper discussion or debate of why x is more deserving than x. 

2 hours ago, Shway said:

What I hate about your first post (and I continued to scour your additional replies to see if there was anything added to your point - to no avail), is that you make no mention of “who is more deserving”. You repeat the same phrase twice and still no name mentioned, and decided to delve into politics before even naming someone.

So tell us who the “who” is so we can have a proper discussion or debate of why x is more deserving than x. 

Yeah? You scoured my two posts replying to people posting drivel? 

Off the top of my head, I’d rather see guys like Brym, Mitrovic, Colyn or even Corbeanu. What sort of impact do you think Ennin would even have on our team? 

On 5/13/2022 at 6:01 PM, Free kick said:

PS.: In concacaf,  i don't ever recall the Americans or Mexican ever employing that type centre forward like Occean, Freind, or Corrazin.   And it may have been the same for everyone else that we would lose to in WCQ.

Brian McBride and Jared Borgetti were of that type of centre forward.

Lots of people thought Jozy Altidore was similar, but that's just because he has a big body.

8 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Yeah? You scoured my two posts replying to people posting drivel? 

Off the top of my head, I’d rather see guys like Brym, Mitrovic, Colyn or even Corbeanu. What sort of impact do you think Ennin would even have on our team? 

From what I saw, Colyn is no where ready for any kind of call up for Canada.

12 hours ago, Colliedor said:

He has a similar goal total in less minutes in the same league as Brym. 2-3 years younger. And he's in the PSV system, which suggests that they see something at a top club. 

Eindhoven where Brym is has a stadium that's too small for CPL. 

Fine, I don't think Brym should be close to the 1st team either. 

12 hours ago, Colliedor said:

I would call up Colyn in the same way they called up Kone during the last qualifying window. A guy who’s probably not ready but give him your last roster spot to see what he has, since he has really promising upside. Agreed that he wouldn’t be my first pick, however if he stays in the PSV system, he should be a guy we consider eventually.  

42 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I would call up Colyn in the same way they called up Kone during the last qualifying window. A guy who’s probably not ready but give him your last roster spot to see what he has, since he has really promising upside. Agreed that he wouldn’t be my first pick, however if he stays in the PSV system, he should be a guy we consider eventually.  

Kone was playing 1st team football with Montreal. Not a lot of minutes, but he's a central mid where we are a bit thin, with attributes the squad does not currently have per Herdman.