Coaches Speculation

Speaking of which, after the Forge game Silberbauer gave short answers to the reporter and seemed very upset about the loss. Which I liked to see, he was not satisfied with what happened. I like that tension, the dissatisfaction. Hoping they come back hard vs. Edmonton. 

In general, as we are sitting, the whole bunch of coaches seem to be mentally tough, even the one who I thought might not be, Brennan. 

8 hours ago, masster said:

I was thinking about this too. I would set the over-under on a coach being fired at 1.5 seasons. I don't see anybody being dismissed this year no matter how poor the results, ...

The salary cap for staff probably makes the end of each season the only sensible time to make a change. Will be surprising if the bottom two teams don't try something new at that point. It's a results driven business is a tired cliche but an accurate one.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

42 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The salary cap for staff probably makes the end of each season the only sensible time to make a change. Will be surprising if the bottom two teams don't try something new at that point. It's a results driven business is a tired cliche but an accurate one.

I thought you always said it was an attendance-driven business. And on top of that fluff argument, you almost never post about results. Make up your mind.

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

i think the n.a. trend of giving coaches time continues with cpl don't see any sacking until after next season unless a team has a 7 game losing streak

24 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Emmanuel Macagno has done an amazing job since becoming the head coach of Blainville..would love to see him heading a cpl team..really deserves it

Do you know anything about his coaching/playing background?

Edited by maccaliam

He was with them at the start of the semi pro journey in 2012 and 2013 as an assistant coach but wasnt there in 2014..ceriani was the head coach 2012-14 and they were a mid-low table team..in 2014 they finish 5th of 6 under ceriani..2015 they bring in macagno to be the head coach and right away he turns it around and they finish 3rd of 7..and boom they blow up 2016 2nd in league and they win the cup..2017 the double including winning the league by 10 points in a 18 game season..2018 they win the league and beat oakville in the voyageurs cup

25 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

Do you know anything about his coaching/playing background?

He's from France and coached the Laval Dynamites in the W-League back in the early 2000s, but I don't know where he was coaching before or after that. He's been managing Blainville since 2015 and has won two league titles, two league cups and a couple of PLSQ coach of the year awards.

2 hours ago, Zem said:

He's from France and coached the Laval Dynamites in the W-League back in the early 2000s, but I don't know where he was coaching before or after that. He's been managing Blainville since 2015 and has won two league titles, two league cups and a couple of PLSQ coach of the year awards.

He's also been an assistant at Blainville for a while. I think he might have been there as an assistant since Blainville started a senior men's team in 2009.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:45 AM, toontownman said:

On a slightly unnecessary darker and less positive line of thought in rightfully optimistic times... what kind of shell life do we think managers have at our current CPL clubs? Likewise with players really. Surely with it being ground zero the clubs have invested in these coaches and players to a lesser degree for at least 3-5 years? 

Barring incidents, life occurence and disasters surely there has to be a short term honor to give coaches time to build the clubs with the vision they brought and got them hired. At the same time if it's not panning out how soon is too soon lol. 

If a team doesn't perform, and attendance declines, the coach will go - combination of results and attendance. No time when the results aren't there and revenue stream declines, especially with each team starting at ground zero. Likely the decision will be made at the end of the season, but if a team trails far behind the others in a few months it could happen then.

Edited by BCM