Coaches Speculation

The one person I most expect to be coaching in the league next year hasn't even been mentioned yet. So there really are a lot of candidates out there (and I'm not in a position to confirm or deny guesses. Sorry. I know that's no fun.)

cheers, matthew

Since people are mentioning Canadian coaches, I thought that I'd mention some non-Canadians I would like to see:

- Gianfranco Zola

- Preki

-Octavio Zambrano

-Robin Fraser 

- Nico Estevez 

- Jaap Stam 

- Ton Docherty 

-Walter Samuel

3 hours ago, badname22 said:

Since people are mentioning Canadian coaches, I thought that I'd mention some non-Canadians I would like to see:

- Gianfranco Zola

- Preki

-Octavio Zambrano

-Robin Fraser 

- Nico Estevez 

- Jaap Stam 

- Ton Docherty 

-Walter Samuel

Don't see many of those guys being in the picture (Preki and Fraser maybe).

If the CPL do land a "big name" coach that isn't JDG or Stalteri (I totally see them coaching in the CPL) they'll definitely be a Canadian or American in year one. Caleb Porter would be an interesting choice if they do go after Americans.

Dos Santos is probably too good for CPL but I could see him taking a team to a title in year one just for kicks.

Aside from him JDG, Onstad, Watson, Dasovic, Yallop, Stalteri, Peschisolido, Biello, Limniatis and Marcina are all viable options. 

I think we can assume Miller will manage Edmonton and we know Wheeldon will manage Cavalry. 

On 5/30/2018 at 2:26 AM, Jahinho Guerro said:

...Caleb Porter lol at what cost. Extreme long shot considering he wants USMNT position. ..with FCC bein his fallback too

fully agree. he'd cost a ton and is a long shot. still be an interesting selection for a role.

7 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Non Canadian coaches I want to see:

...Oh ya, I don't want any...

mostly agree (i think the league should try to go all-canadian in this department) but could see 1 or 2 pop up. if qualified i have no issue as long as their staff includes some canadians.

i think as time goes by and the field of canadian managers becomes deeper we'll less and less need for foreign managers (as it should be) but there will always be the possibility that foreign coaches will be in need cause after all how many solid champion level english managers are there in the epl? it very well could be something that happens that we have to accept.

Edited by matty