What should our gold cup lineup be?

badname22

2 hours ago, dsqpr said:

People on here seem somewhat non-plussed with Cavellini. But his stats show he is scoring for his club in a decent league so I am optimistic. Could very well be our second best striker behind Larin.

Ya I am not sure why tbh. Physical player scoring goals and playing well in a very difficult South American League and he has been doing this for the last few seasons. Would love to see him get a few starts and  potential play with Larin in the knock out rounds 

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bikerack said:

Ya I am not sure why tbh. Physical player scoring goals and playing well in a very difficult South American League and he has been doing this for the last few seasons. Would love to see him get a few starts and  potential play with Larin in the knock out rounds 

There's alot of people here excited about the possibility of seeing Cavallini suit up for Canada. this board has a tendency to post more about the negative than the positive but there's definitely a lot of people excited to see what he can bring to the table.

19 hours ago, Fastfeet2 said:

USA got a soft group....if they can't win that group even with a B/C side they got bigger problems...they'll call Altidore, Dempsey and Bradley for knockout round for sure...but they are smartly giving some inexperienced guys some run....Dwyer and Saeif are the two I'm watching the closest...

8 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

There's alot of people here excited about the possibility of seeing Cavallini suit up for Canada. this board has a tendency to post more about the negative than the positive but there's definitely a lot of people excited to see what he can bring to the table.

As one of the people advocating for Cavallini the past couple of years and sticking up for the quality of the Uruguayan league i would have to disagree. There seemed to be far more naysayers on his thread than proponents. Most people think he ditched us a second time after getting called to the Ghana match even though there's no evidence of him doing so.

I guess we are going to see as he will likely play at least a couple games.  But look at all the critisism Larin gets, I think Cavallini will have to score (30% or up) or he'll get the same.  Bitching and naysaying about our strikers is a part of canadian heritage.   

5 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

I believe those rosters are smaller as a whole.

Yup. In youth competition FIFA allows confederations to decide on roster sizes between the standard 23-man roster (3 GKs) and the Olympic 18-man roster (2 GKs). CONCACAF uses the Olympic format with 2 added players.

32 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I mean he's used primarily as a sub in USL. Not exactly a guy that will inspire confidence on the international stage.

Sure, it is not the sexiest selection, but I'm not going to worry about Kaye until his performances give me reason to.

Cyle Larin was getting calls when he was in the NCAA, which is even lower than USL.

Not that I expect Kaye to be better than Larin, but I will trust Zambrano with this one. I see the potential in his game, so that is comforting at least, although yes I would feel better if he was playing in MLS. 

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Sure, it is not the sexiest selection, but I'm not going to worry until he gives me reason to.

Cyle Larin was getting calls when he was in the NCAA, which is even lower than USL. Not that I expect Kaye to be better than Larin, but I will trust Zambrano with this one. I see the potential in his game, so that is comforting at least, although yes I would feel better if he was playing in MLS. 

Not freaking out about this but the comparison doesn't work. Larin was at least a star at his level. Kaye doesn't even get much time on the pitch. Larin was also 18/19 while Kaye is going to turn 23 before year end.

maybe Zambrano does see something in him. Just saying that his inclusion in the roster says way more about our quality than it does about Kaye IMO

44 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

Yup. In youth competition FIFA allows confederations to decide on roster sizes between the standard 23-man roster (3 GKs) and the Olympic 18-man roster (2 GKs). CONCACAF uses the Olympic format with 2 added players.

Thanks harry for the info. 

Archived