What should our gold cup lineup be?

badname22

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Levi Oakey said:

I am crying in my beer here.

I see what you did there ....

But your right, it would be great that just one time, we could finally see/have all our best players available.....but nope.

Rumors that he could join in later rounds.....well if Canada makes it to further rounds (first time in how many years) then I wouldn't even call him up.

I honestly couldn't care less if Larin was out. Let's be honest, he has been mediocre for Canada and I would rather give the chance to AJH or Cavallini. If we only were starting 1 striker per game, those 3 would have been fighting for time and I believe all were worthy of starting. Hopefully, this is a wake-up call for him

While I feel Larin is just another game away from clicking on the international stage, i have also felt that way for nearly two years. It will happen for him and he can blame the service around him as much of his woeful finishing at times. 

I'd rather he was with us but it gives cavallini and AJH a big opportunity to be a hero. 

I'm more concerned about the service and players around than either cavallini or AJH scoring. We know they both can.

16 hours ago, Obinna said:

Good news for Petrasso. Some have been critical of his play in Qatar, or that he hasn't gotten more Championship minutes at QPR, but he is a player that can be dangerous and anytime we have dangerous attackers selected I think it's a good day.

I am sure I'm not the only one who hoped he'd be further along in his development, he's still only 22, under contract to a decent Championship side, and has quite a bit experience in league one. 

Zambrano must really believe in him to select him for the Gold Cup without bringing him to Montreal for final audition.

With Petrasso in who might be out?

5 hours ago, Fastfeet2 said:

What are the chances Larin is sold to another league before the GC starts???

He's not moving now I think. His fee has likely dropped a bit and it won't be worth it to Orlando till the end of the season

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

While I feel Larin is just another game away from clicking on the international stage, i have also felt that way for nearly two years. It will happen for him and he can blame the service around him as much of his woeful finishing at times. 

I'd rather he was with us but it gives cavallini and AJH a big opportunity to be a hero. 

I'm more concerned about the service and players around than either cavallini or AJH scoring. We know they both can.

To be honest if the strikers get poor service I am much more confident in AJH than Larin to get a goal. Larin is good at finding open space and putting in tap ins. He is very good with good service but he really struggles to create any sort of chance for himself or for others. AJH is more creative, and he has shown his ability to steal a goal on minimal chances. He scores for the Impact regularly with half chances, and he put one away for Canada in the last game from just a half chance. I hope AJH does really well, then maybe he will finally get a chance to be a starter for  Canada, and perhaps a club team.

Yeah, unfortunate that Larin is not able to be there, but I don't disagree with the  decision and I think we still have offensive players who can do the job for us.  Like others, I would love to see AJH or Cav really grab this opportunity.  From a supporter perspective, I am excited to see what can happen with a bit of a shakeup up front - esp with Cav in the picture.  

It will be interesting to see the average age of this squad once it is announced.  With Hutch out and a fair number of young players in (which many of us have been hoping for in anticipation of the squad required for next WCQ cycle) this will likely be a younger squad than we have fielded in a while in a meaningful set of games. 

AJH got injured with a right leg injury and left the game. It looks serious enough that he couldn't walk under his own power. 

He probably will be on the initial Canada roster that has been sent to CONCACAF, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's replaced before the tournament starts.

Does going to rehab  really prevent one from drinking and driving.....I thought it was a place for people who had real addictions. And I don't see how one could be an acholic and footballer in this day an age and get awa with it.

So is rehab used as more of a way to show that one is really really sorry, ..sorry enough that they will go to rehab to "fix" their issue with alcohol vs actually having an addiction and needing help, and will absolutely refrain from alcohol. 

I just don't understand these methods tbh. 

Johnny Manzel is somewhat of an example. 

Archived