Michael Baldisimo

Dub Narcotic

22 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

At no point was he ever highly rated by fans. He has always been just a decent cover for a position where he has rarely done anything special. But if you think doing that for 4-5 seasons is an accomplishment on what has been a rather disastrous team all that time, except for the last half last season, then fine. 

Nerwinski maybe is not a liability, but he does not add anything to help make you a winning club. 

This is very accurate. He offers nothing more, nothing less. And you can make a career of that in MLS as there is several guys who are like this. Nick Hagglund was exactly that for TFC.

Jake Nerwinski goes somewhere else, and his abilities could be exposed.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I can appreciate not being a Whitecaps fan you've never really paid attention. 

I have, I have also seen Nerwinski walking around with his girlfriend in the same neighbourhood as where my mom lives. It is not like I don't know who he is (only ever said "Let's go for it, Nerwinski" from my bike or whatever, I'm shy).

At no point was he ever highly rated by fans. He has always been just a decent cover for a position where he has rarely done anything special. But if you think doing that for 4-5 seasons is an accomplishment on what has been a rather disastrous team all that time, except for the last half last season, then fine. 

Nerwinski maybe is not a liability, but he does not add anything to help make you a winning club. 

At what point did I say he was highly rated? I clearly said I don't rate him. 

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

I don't rate Nerwinski, but there's something comical about saying a player who featured over 100 times in MLS doesn't have the quality to play in MLS.

Take that statement however you'd like. 

Opinions are not objective by the way, they are subjective. 

Regarding Baldisimo, I suspect he'd look better in a better team. Typical for luxury players, I suppose. 

I just think it's a funny statement you made.

He's not very good, I agree, but yet the Whitecaps played him +100 times, which is funny (maybe not so funny for a Whitecaps fan) because what does that say about the Whitecaps?

And at the same time, your statement is funny because he literally had the quality to play in the league +100 times. You can see the humor in your statement, right? :)

2 hours ago, Shway said:

This is very accurate. He offers nothing more, nothing less. And you can make a career of that in MLS as there is several guys who are like this. Nick Hagglund was exactly that for TFC.

Exactly. There are players all over MLS like this. They are the backbone of the league in many ways. That's why it's funny to say they are not "MLS quality". They literally are exactly that, if you know what I mean. 

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

I am not saying don't share your opinion on the player. That's all we are doing here, giving our opinions as we see fit. Criticize or praise his game all you want. No problem with that, at all.

I actually agree that he seems to switch off on the defensive side of the ball. I just think it is kind of ridiculous to chalk that up to arrogance though. It's just a lack of mental discipline in my eyes. Sorry to disagree with you here. 

Had there been an interview, instance, or comment from a coach about his arrogance, I would side with you, but is there? Otherwise it just comes off as jumping the gun.

And yes, people have jumped the gun here all the time in regards to Flores, Arfield, Covid, Hutch, Davies, etc., and in each instance someone else jumps in and argues, debates, or pushes against the point. That's par the course around here, isn't it?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Theo though. I do agree with you on him.

Cheers

Edit: Maybe the fairest thing we can say is that he lacks maturity? That would explain his lack of effort and him coming off as though he's just there to just pass the ball around.

I don't think it's a matter of "effort" or attitude or maturity or any of those things. He's simply not fast enough. Teibert has the same issue - no one would question Teibert's effort or attitude. The guy never stops running. But he can't keep up. He's simply not fast enough. You could still be an effective player in the midfield, but you have to learn how to win the ball, how to keep possession, how to move it quickly and how to smart in his positioning - Baldisimo hasn't learned any of those yet. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

Looks like he’s part of Philippines team. 

according to Wikipedia, he accepted a call up but couldn’t go due to injury. 

http://theazkals.com/news/azkals-gear-up-for-aff-suzuki-cup-2020/?fbclid=IwAR1m9c95YXQpdd0fEi4iX2ckuHtKGm_wCEbB1w_VFpLTUmwcSaP6k68816w

Is this new? We have been discussing him playing for and getting called to the Philippines for a while.

• 6 months later...
On 10/18/2022 at 11:46 AM, VinceA said:

A Vancouver fan mentioned it's rumored his ankle injury apparently isn't getting better. If true that's worrying.

He has never been able to overcome the durability issue.  I remember MDS alluding to it when taking about his development.  And unless you can develop that durabilty, you can never take your game to the next level.

Edited by BearcatSA

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

My heart says MLS, but my head says CPL. Could use work on the defensive side, but fantastic potential and just needs some regular game time. Same could be said about Okello. These guys are amazingly still just 22. 

He needs A LOT of work on the defensive side.  He's easily beaten and easily pushed off the ball. On days his long ball wasn't working (and that was frequent) he was useless out there.

He has these moments where he pulls off strangely difficult tackles. Then, a minute later, he'll just be a statue while someone blows past him.

I had a lot of faith in Baldi - makes me really sad that it hasn't worked out for him so far. Hope he can find his feet somewhere else. 

Edited by PiedPilko

56 minutes ago, yothat2 said:

CPL/Norway/Italy B or something

• CPL transfermarkt avg player value 129k
  • Norway 1 transfermarket avg player value 357k
  • Italy B transfermarket avg player value 887k

Clearly 3 different levels of play, but somehow I could imagine him landing at any of these 3 environments.

Baldi's TM value is 600k 

• 1 month later...