Adonijah Reid

Vince193

20 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Curious to know if Ottawa didn't release him or he wasn't called up.

They most likely didn't release him, he's been starting the last few games and has been very good while some other attacking options like Tony Taylor have struggled. We're on track to turn the season around and Reid has definitely played an important role in that.

14 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I say it at every Fury game, I will say it again online, he's on the verge of making MLS and, if fit, would be a lock for our next U23 Olympic qualifying team. He won't be with the Fury in 2019. The guy can dribble.

If this teams stays in this good form for a while, I hope he stays with the team for the year. We could have a bunch of Canadian players getting regular time on a winning team. I hope Henry can get fit again and help continue this streak.

24 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

If this teams stays in this good form for a while, I hope he stays with the team for the year. We could have a bunch of Canadian players getting regular time on a winning team. I hope Henry can get fit again and help continue this streak.

He's on a year long loan, so he should stay. Im not super familiar with USL-MLS rules but I think you have to be an affiliate to do the seamless call up/send down. Ottawa is Montreal's affiliate, not Dallas' so I'd assume Reid's in Ottawa all year on a loan that works like any other loan in any league around the world.

9 hours ago, BradMack said:

He's on a year long loan, so he should stay. Im not super familiar with USL-MLS rules but I think you have to be an affiliate to do the seamless call up/send down. Ottawa is Montreal's affiliate, not Dallas' so I'd assume Reid's in Ottawa all year on a loan that works like any other loan in any league around the world.

Before TFC II came into existence TFC had to recall players from American USL teams during transfer windows since they were crossing a border to switch teams. It would be the same case going the other way (Canada to USA).

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Before TFC II came into existence TFC had to recall players from American USL teams during transfer windows since they were crossing a border to switch teams. It would be the same case going the other way (Canada to USA).

It's also why Henry was loaned to the Fury and not to Fresno. They would have to wait 2 months to recall him back, but with Ottawa. 

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Reid is legit. Watching Wednesday’s game and he’s dominating every possession he has as an 18 year old playing against men. The only thing holding him back from greatness is the shortcomings of his teammates.

If that is the case then Canada better cap him before Jamaica does since he is eligible to play for Jamaica through his parents

5 minutes ago, BradMack said:

I did not know this, if this is true it is a bit scary. 

Yeah it is because of the fact that Jamaica could cap him and if they do he can actually turn out to be a special player for them. If we add him to our national team to our nucleus with Davies and other players then Canada could actually be a team for the future as far as 2022 potentially and or even 2026.

5 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Yeah, i think his dad is rasta - all 3 kids have "jah" in their name.

Well that they do but at the same time he could play for Jamaica if he chooses to which is why Canada needs to cap-tie him

21 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Well with the World Cup 2026 a player would have to have no chance with us to jump to Jamaica.  Best of luck to you if you wanna do that..

However, you never know because Jamaica could qualify from CONCACAF especially since there will be 48 teams for 2026. Furthermore, if that is the case he could very well play for them if he chooses to. However, it would make more sense for him to play for Canada but the CSA need to take a look at him and scout him first then don't they?

11 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Relax man the CSA already know about Reid, he has attended a few youth camps for us. I'm sure he'll be capped sooner than later.

Then that is good but the sooner the better I say because at least by calling him now we build our future right away

2 hours ago, honestseveran said:

The Canadian program is much more attractive than Jamaica right now. That was before we got the World Cup.

Attraction before the World Cup hmm...Strongly disagree. 

I've had this convo before with a fellow Canadian/Jamaican. Jamaica  has more potential than us currently based on the mere fact that they have maybe triple the amount of fence sitters that we have.....plus they are back to back Gold Cup finalists with two completely different teams... Which is not only a testament to their depth... But it also shows they have performed better when it counts regardless of our record against them.  They add either of Leon Bailey, Rolando Aarons, Andre Gray, Liam Moore... Etc..and its more game changing then us adding 19yo Tabla for example. 

Gotta know the simple facts before  you throw out egregious comments. 

Canada is just better organized, which is a crazy statement to make. 

Also to add, Reid isn't going anywhere. 

He has to be making a lot more noise than he is now or has to reach out to the JFF personally. 

A lot of Jamaicans say their league (RPSL) is on par or better than the USL... And even still there are tons of average to mediocre Jamaican strikers in the USL/MLS and lower leagues in the world. 

Reid isnt going anywhere. 

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

7 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Attraction before the World Cup hmm...Strongly disagree. 

I've had this convo before with a fellow Canadian/Jamaican. Jamaica  has more potential than us currently based on the mere fact that they have maybe triple the amount of fence sitters that we have.....plus they are back to back Gold Cup finalists with two completely different teams... Which is not only a testament to their depth... But it also shows they have performed better when it counts regardless of our record against them.  They add either of Leon Bailey, Rolando Aarons, Andre Gray, Liam Moore... Etc..and its more game changing then us adding 19yo Tabla for example. 

Gotta know the simple facts before  you throw out egregious comments. 

Canada is just better organized, which is a crazy statement to make. 

The mere fact that they have triple the amount of fence sitters does not mean the program is attractive. Their lack of investment into infrastructure, coaching and stadia is much worse than ours, and it's causing fence sitters to rethink their decision. It was for Hoilett and it's now for Bailey. For an developing player like Reid, it's better to stay in a program that's actually developed decent youth prospects like Tabla and Davies, than to move to a program that hasn't developed a top tier level youth in a while. 

It's not like I don't about their player pool but it is not as deep at it was. Their team is aging badly. If you look at what's better for Reid and his development, which I'm doing, it makes a lot of sense. 

Edited by honestseveran

10 hours ago, honestseveran said:

The mere fact that they have triple the amount of fence sitters does not mean the program is attractive. Their lack of investment into infrastructure, coaching and stadia is much worse than ours, and it's causing fence sitters to rethink their decision. It was for Hoilett and it's now for Bailey. For an developing player like Reid, it's better to stay in a program that's actually developed decent youth prospects like Tabla and Davies, than to move to a program that hasn't developed a top tier level youth in a while. 

It's not like I don't about their player pool but it is not as deep at it was. Their team is aging badly. If you look at what's better for Reid and his development, which I'm doing, it makes a lot of sense. 

I mean if Reid commits himself to Canada then it is yet another teenager who can be a future star for Canada considering Davies their other teenager is basically playing daily in MLS for Vancouver. Reid where does he play now? Ottawa Fury but on loan from FC Dallas in MLS. Well if he is that good enough could he earn a Canada call up eventually? Yeah he could but as long as he continues his development.