Adonijah Reid

Vince193

1 hour ago, kacbru said:

Agree 100%.  But I don't think he'll earn a call up if he regresses.

Suggest you look up the meaning of "tautology"...

I am sure he won't but he still has a lot of time. I mean he is still young after all.

On 6/17/2018 at 8:35 AM, honestseveran said:

The mere fact that they have triple the amount of fence sitters does not mean the program is attractive. Their lack of investment into infrastructure, coaching and stadia is much worse than ours, and it's causing fence sitters to rethink their decision. It was for Hoilett and it's now for Bailey. For an developing player like Reid, it's better to stay in a program that's actually developed decent youth prospects like Tabla and Davies, than to move to a program that hasn't developed a top tier level youth in a while. 

It's not like I don't about their player pool but it is not as deep at it was. Their team is aging badly. If you look at what's better for Reid and his development, which I'm doing, it makes a lot of sense. 

Sigh...you can't talk about something so strongly that you are completely unaware of.

Bailey hasn't played for Jamaica only because his adopted father/agent Craig Butler wants to have more of his Phoenix academy players called up. He wants a role that is essentially a TD which is completely controversial. That's one. 

Yes Jamaica doesn't have ideal stadiums,  but Canada is no America. Infrastructure comparisons...the Red Stripe Premier League has been around for years, has atleast 8 teams that hAve CPL like stadia  and has pumped out a lot of players who are now in the MLS/USL or around scandanavia... and based on what the plans are for CPL the quality may be on par to start.

You name Tabla and Davies as if they are 26, 27, and they are a bunch of young elite players.....they're still young...meaning they are recent revelations to the Canadian program. Meaning we're not there yet.

Jamaicas fence sitters issue was the same thing as ours. ..lack of money,  etc But in terms of competiting they have a better continental argument. As far as I know Jamaica plays more frendlies than Canada. 

If Jamaica is an aging team, than Canada is too.....the internet is here for us to quickly google, before we make comments that we don't know. Look at their 2017 final squad and look at Canadas squad.

All in all your making a lot of egregious statements, that you sound like an ignorant American. 

As for Reid....he'll go where the opportunity presents itself - right now its with Canada. 

Edited by Jahinho Guerro

37 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Sigh...you can't talk about something so strongly that you are completely unaware of.

Bailey hasn't played for Jamaica only because his adopted father/agent Craig Butler wants to have more of his Cavalier academy players called up. He wants a role that is essentially a TD which is completely controversial. That's one. 

Yes Jamaica doesn't have ideal stadiums,  but Canada is no America. Infrastructure comparisons...the Red Stripe Premier League has been around for years, has atleast 8 teams that hAve CPL like stadia  and has pumped out a lot of players who are now in the MLS/USL or around scandanavia... and based on what the plans are for CPL the quality may be on par to start.

You name Tabla and Davies as if they are 26, 27, and they are a bunch of young elite players.....they're still young...meaning they are recent revelations to the Canadian program. Meaning we're not there yet.

Jamaicas fence sitters issue was the same thing as ours. ..lack of money,  etc But in terms of competiting they have a better continental argument. As far as I know Jamaica plays more frendlies than Canada. 

If Jamaica is an aging team, than Canada is too.....the internet is here for us to quickly google, before we make comments that we don't know. Look at their 2017 final squad and look at Canadas squad.

All in all your making a lot of egregious statements, that you sound like an ignorant American. 

As for Reid....he'll go where the opportunity presents itself - right now its with Canada. 

It doesn’t matter imo. This is pretty much as good as it gets for Jamaica. The more we professionalize with the advent of the CPL, the sooner we’re going to leave them in the dust. It’s not even going to be close in 10 and 20 years time. They’ll be to us what Morocco is to the Netherlands (yeah I know what happened this cycle....) or Algeria to France.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, Macksam said:

It doesn’t matter imo. This is pretty much as good as it gets for Jamaica. The more we professionalize with the advent of the CPL, the sooner we’re going to leave them in the dust. It’s not even going to be close in 10 and 20 years time. They’ll be to us what Morocco is to the Netherlands (yeah I know what happened this cycle....) or Algeria to France.

Sigh. ....let's just end these hypothetical comparisons and agree to worry about Canadas program before we worry about the other changing Concacaf nations. 

Because nothing stated is factual and are just hopeful hypothesis that ignore existing trends.

......Netherlands to Morocco, Algeria to France.....since when did the Voyageurs get so arrogant and borderline igonorant. We've literally accomplished nothing in Concacaf in nearly 20 years.

Thank God for the coin toss we won.

12 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Sigh. ....let's just end these hypothetical comparisons and agree to worry about Canadas program before we worry about the other changing Concacaf nations. 

Because nothing stated is factual and are just hopeful hypothesis that ignore existing trends.

......Netherlands to Morocco, Algeria to France.....since when did the Voyageurs get so arrogant and borderline igonorant. We've literally accomplished nothing in Concacaf in nearly 20 years.

Thank God for the coin toss we won.

Stop sighing brah. 

8 minutes ago, Zem said:

Highlights (goals @ 0:11, 1:13 and 1:45):

That chop on the third goal was fantastic

Just saw the highlights and I have to say this kid impresses me

21 minutes ago, toontownman said:

This. Hopefully a launching pad for him.

Yes I know right. Here is hoping like I said that he stays consistent and keeps scoring on the regular for the Fury which will warrant a senior national team call-up.

Just watched his highlights again of his hat trick and his goals I loved every single one of them especially his last one.

On 6/18/2018 at 9:45 AM, LeoH037 said:

That ignorant and arrogant attitude towards other CONCACAF nations is the same the Americans held going into TnT, (or this entire last qualifying cycle for that matter) and we all saw how that worked out for them in the end... lets not be like them please

I spend every waking hour trying not to be like Americans.

If he keeps playing like this on a consistent basis he may have a case to make Canada's team for Nations League or even Olympics 2020 qualifiers

25 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

You are a master of the obvious.

Okay and so what? I was just stating a personal observation but still nevertheless I will say his performance against New York impressed me and that is all I'm gonna say to you about that. Moving on, with him playing the way he is now in USL I do hope he stays consistent and who knows maybe one day he can leave USL to go preferably to Europe but that is neither here nor there.

Edited by Tg11

25 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Okay and so what? I was just stating a personal observation but still nevertheless I will say his performance against New York impressed me and that is all I'm gonna say to you about that. Moving on, with him playing the way he is now in USL I do hope he stays consistent and who knows maybe one day he can leave USL to go preferably to Europe but that is neither here nor there.

You shouldn’t be useing your phone in class bud 

On 6/16/2018 at 2:01 AM, BuzzAndSting said:

Reid is legit. Watching Wednesday’s game and he’s dominating every possession he has as an 18 year old playing against men. The only thing holding him back from greatness is the shortcomings of his teammates.

Following up on my comment from last week we have now seen what AR is capable of when he receives proper service from his teammates! All three goals were excellent combinations great service as well as brilliant off the ball awareness and individual effort by AR.