Cyle Larin

shermanator

8 minutes ago, Rheo said:

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

No Larin today.

Orlando's a joke of a team deserving the title of "Mickey Mouse" club.

TBF to the CEO and OCSC, Larin is a bit of a dipshit 

It's a case of he said/he said.  Orlando refuses to acknowledge that they would let Larin go after the last year whereas the Larin camp says they were led to believe that.  Rollins had an interesting point on Twitter though, if it was an American player was top ten in goals over the last three year, underpaid with no talk at all about a pay raise would he be called a traitor for forcing a move to Europe.  Larin's done enough to not be totally innocent in this but it is fair.

5 minutes ago, matty said:

TBF to the CEO and OCSC, Larin is a bit of a dipshit 

I like how so many people (not targeting you specifically), criticize Larin for his actions when not many of us would just stay put in a job being paid over 10X less than others who aren't as productive when you could go somewhere that's actually willing to pay you your true value.

At least if MLS had arbitration and Restricted free agency but it doesn't and it looks really bad for a league to treat a homegrown rookie who's the best they had like that. Looks poorly actually.

I wouldn't take it and keep smilling. I'd be furious and wouldn't show up for camp either. They signed Dom Dwyer for many time his salary AFTER Larin already demonstrated to be a very productive scorer, above Dwyer. I'd say F' hem.

Edited by Ansem

2 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

No one is completely remiss of guilt.

But for a team to keep talking the way they are, especially considering how they treated Larin while there...it's a really, really bad sign.

He was asked and replied and it's also still fresh news for the team so it's not a shock that they're still talking about it nor does it make them look petty or bad to reply to press when asked.

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

I like how so many people (not targeting you specifically), criticize Larin for his actions when not many of us would just stay put in a job being paid over 10X less than others who aren't as productive when you could go somewhere that's actually willing to pay you your true value.

I wouldn't. I'd be furious and wouldn't show up for camp either. They signed Dom Dwyer for many time his salary AFTER Larin already demonstrated to be a very productive scorer, above Dwyer. I'd say F' hem.

I called him kind of a dipshit cause he got shitfaced and drove the wrong way down an Orlando road. You can bitch all you want about the situation between him and OCSC but Larin is kind of a dipshit.

1 minute ago, matty said:

I called him kind of a dipshit cause he got shitfaced and drove the wrong way down an Orlando road. You can bitch all you want about the situation between him and OCSC but Larin is kind of a dipshit.

Why you keep using this kind of language?

No one condones a DUI

4 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Why you keep using this kind of language?

No one condones a DUI

I'm just using it, I'm not attacking you or anything and I'm not saying anyone is I'm saying "yea Larin is a bit of a dipshit" and making it clear that I'm separating this situation from the DUI when I say that. I actually agree the fuckery here mostly lies with OCSC but do see some validity to their comments about him being unprofessional and of poor character.

Edited by matty

1 hour ago, matty said:

He was asked and replied and it's also still fresh news for the team so it's not a shock that they're still talking about it nor does it make them look petty or bad to reply to press when asked.

Meh, agree to disagree I suppose.

they could've just as easily said "we're moving on from it, excited with the players we have and can't wait to start the new season with this team!"

Not a good look to still be harping about it.

1 hour ago, dsqpr said:

I do not think Larin has done anything wrong with respect to the transfer. According to earlier posts, unilateral club options are not recognized by FIFA and rightly so: there is no way it can be legal for the club to be committed to the player for 3 years while the player is committed to the club for 5 years!! That is total bull$hit. And that is precisely why MLS did not test it in court, as they surely would have done if they had a leg to stand on.

So Larin was a free agent and acted accordingly. Fair enough.

The unilateral club options in MLS are definitely bullshit. If Larin didn't produce during his 3 years in Orlando the club would have no problem kicking him to the curb and declining the option years. But it's "unacceptable behaviour" when the player looks out for his best interests. 

2 hours ago, dsqpr said:

I get that "dipshit" is a gratuitous insult but what exactly does it mean? I mean, what exactly are you trying to say about him, in plain English that does not include profanity, or was your whole point of saying that just to throw a gratuitous insult his way?

that he has a history of being a troublemaker and unprofessional outside of this event. i used "bit of a dipshit" because it's a funny way of saying someone one can take issue with

7 hours ago, Rheo said:

It's a case of he said/he said.  Orlando refuses to acknowledge that they would let Larin go after the last year whereas the Larin camp says they were led to believe that.  Rollins had an interesting point on Twitter though, if it was an American player was top ten in goals over the last three year, underpaid with no talk at all about a pay raise would he be called a traitor for forcing a move to Europe.  Larin's done enough to not be totally innocent in this but it is fair.

If Larin was American he wouldn't have to. #doublestandard

5 hours ago, lazlo_80 said:

Meh, agree to disagree I suppose.

they could've just as easily said "we're moving on from it, excited with the players we have and can't wait to start the new season with this team!"

Not a good look to still be harping about it.

"when they go low, we go high".....Michelle Obama....   circa 2016. The difference in Larin's farewell statement to Orlando FC and their fans with  that of Orlando City FC speaks volumes. You don't air your dirty laundry in public. Larin showed a lot of class by taking the high road.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, but after he was registered for their CL squad, I think a lot here were hoping for some immediate chances to make an impact. 

Oh yeah no doubt. I definitely would put myself in that category. Just trying to put a positive spin on it. :D

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

So what are they saying about Will Johnson's character?

I thought the comments made by Kreis were pretty rich.

Regarding Larin, the one thing I wonder about is how well his "compete level" will rise in this more challenging environment?  He's coming in with a level of expectation placed upon him through this transfer so that's see how he handles it.