Camp Poutine 2017

shermanator

so i interviewed findlay tonight and i like his hopes for the camp and game which are inline with us. it sounds like these types big january camps and friendlies featuring players from all of the canada/us leagues are going to be a regular thing going forward. also he does think there will be friendlies played in canada this year.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The squad we expected. No Mason Trafford; Attakora is still getting another shot over him.

Trafford is centre/left back, while Nana is centre/right back. Not sure it was a choice of Nana over Mason.

19 minutes ago, stevensandor said:

I think he's made it pretty clear he wants to play for T&T. I think, at this point, we respect his wishes.

Clear as in you or any other journos have asked him clear? 

Or clear as in him being snubbed, and using his roots to play national team ball?

7 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Canada just never gave him a shot. If he files his one-time switch he would need to know that the #CANMNT would be giving him minutes.

Nevermind the minutes, atleast a fair shot/call-up. 

If I'm Greg,...matterfact if we're all Greg, exploring your national team possibilities is expected, especially if I'm overlooked by players of less quality.

So just typing up my interview with Findlay (that I hope to have online Wednesday) and he had this to say about this camp

"We're looking for a very vibrant group to come out of the 28 cause we're only travelling with 18. We're looking at a group that has an interest in wanting to be part of the future and we're looking at a group that sort of want to stake their claim because moving forward we'll be doing other assessments on other levels of play internationally, under 23 in our ongoing inventory of what we've got. We're looking for a very enthusiastic result from the first number of days."

On 1/11/2017 at 4:42 AM, shermanator said:

Interesting comment from Findlay in this article from Steven Sandor.

http://the11.ca/bermuda-triangle-28-canadian-players-called-only-18-chosen/

There are six players on the roster who are listed as unattached, but Findlay said they are all national-team veterans and he expects them to find clubs in the January window. In fact, he feels some will be signed before they actually get to Florida. But he warned that Unattached FC will no longer be making major contributions to the national side going forward.

“I am not a supporter of unattached players to be included in the national-team program,” he said.

This is just untrue. Carducci is a veteran? Interesting...

41 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@Moldy9 can you make one of your "même"-style pictures for us for Camp Poutine (Like you did to make fun of Floro)? Maybe Michael Finlay in Bermuda shorts holding a poutine?

Lol. I'm flattered someone noticed. I'll see if I can think of anything funny. It just flashes on me and I just do it. Usually when I'm pissed as per the turtle turtle 

For the lazy. Some interesting cuts from the 28 man camp. Ouimette, Ledgerwood, Dixon, Hamilton, Haworth, Morgan all cut:

CANADA
1- GK- Sean Melvin | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps 2
3- CB- Nana Attakora | USA / San Francisco Deltas
4- CB- Dejan Jaković | Unattached
5- CB- Wandrille Lefèvre | CAN / Impact Montréal
6- M- Marco Bustos | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
7- M- Kyle Bekker | Unattached
8- M- Will Johnson | USA / Orlando City SC
9- F- Anthony Jackson-Hamel | CAN / Impact Montréal
10- M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
11- F- Tosaint Ricketts | CAN / Toronto FC
12- FB / M- Maxim Tissot | Unattached