Camp Poutine 2017

shermanator

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before the continuous calls for our U-20's to be included in this camp are made, I would hope that the CSA is holding a U-20 camp before the CONCACAF qualification tournament as well. If they are holding a U-20 camp, and the camp is in a similar time frame, no need to lobby for any U-20's to be called to the senior camp.

2 hours ago, zaltan said:

Take both teams to the same location for the training and find games against different opposition, great way of intergrating the two groups

This, this, this!

This should be the January fringe camp...all players (available) invited. No need for Arfield, Hoilett, Hutch, Borjan, etc. 

I want to see players who haven't gotten a chance, but performed and played throughout 2016. Mason Trafford, Mark Anthony Gonzales, Amer Didic, Michael Cox, Zachary E-H...etc

No more Ian Hume, Simeon Jackson, and Kenny call-ups. 

@shermanator , in keeping with the tradition started by @Yohan in 2014 (http://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/topic/26149-canada-january-camp/?do=findComment&comment=477683 ) I suggest that this thread title be edited to "Camp Poutine 2017".

Also, the man I want to see most at this camp is Cavallini. He should be available and the last time he played for us it was under Findlay (Floro was with the U-23s).

12 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Mason Trafford,

Should also get the call.

32 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

This, this, this!

This should be the January fringe camp...all players (available) invited. No need for Arfield, Hoilett, Hutch, Borjan, etc. 

I want to see players who haven't gotten a chance, but performed and played throughout 2016. Mason Trafford, Mark Anthony Gonzales, Amer Didic, Michael Cox, Zachary E-H...etc

No more Ian Hume, Simeon Jackson, and Kenny call-ups. 

Jackson is still 29, wouldn't close the door on him based on age.

So, is it safe to assume we will settle for neutral site friendlies for this camp? I would love for the team to go somewhere in Central America or the Caribbean or host a match or two in Vancouver (only indoor stadium available? Big O roof has problems with snow so that would be a risk, is the Rogers Centre getting grass put in this MLB offseason?)

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

Jackson is still 29, wouldn't close the door on him based on age.

I hear yuh, but technically he won't be released and theoretically this camp should be used to bring forth unspoken talent, we know what simeon can do 

..... Or can't 

4 hours ago, shermanator said:

I really hope Luca Gasparotto is at this camp. Also, how about La'Vere Corbin Ong?

Regarding Elva, he must be hurt or something, as he hasn't played in a month. Either that, or he is very out of favour at Stuttgart.

I doubt that it happens for both players because it`s not a FIFA date. Gasparotto`s going to stay in Scotland and Ong will be about to restart his 3. Liga campaign after the winter break.

23 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

I hear yuh, but technically he won't be released and theoretically this camp should be used to bring forth unspoken talent, we know what simeon can do 

..... Or can't 

I agree with that argument. I also think calling Jackson would be a wasted opportunity to get a guy like Hamilton or Jackson-Hamel more reps with the team.

If we are going with an all domestic roster sprinkled with some Scandinavian lads, here's who i'd call:

Gk: Thomas, Crepeau, Roberts

D: De Jong, Edgar, Straith, Aird, Ledgerwood, Ouimette, Henry, Tissot

M: Dixon, Johnson, Osorio, Chapman, Bekker, Bustos, Froese, Shome, Teibert

F: Hamilton, Babouli, Jackson-Hamel, Akindele, Ricketts, Larin

Debuts for Chapman and Babouli are overdue, while Shome is an young, promising, attack minded midfielder, which are in short supply. He's a regular for FCE so I say bring him in.

If Davies is eligible, find room for him too. Why wait?

Talba is going to Bolonga, that should be enough to keep him busy, but he'd be next in line.

31 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I agree with that argument. I also think calling Jackson would be a wasted opportunity to get a guy like Hamilton or Jackson-Hamel more reps with the team.

If we are going with an all domestic roster sprinkled with some Scandinavian lads, here's who i'd call:

Gk: Thomas, Crepeau, Roberts

D: De Jong, Edgar, Straith, Aird, Ledgerwood, Ouimette, Henry, Tissot

M: Dixon, Johnson, Osorio, Chapman, Bekker, Bustos, Froese, Shome, Teibert

F: Hamilton, Babouli, Jackson-Hamel, Akindele, Ricketts, Larin

Debuts for Chapman and Babouli are overdue, while Shome is an young, promising, attack minded midfielder, which are in short supply. He's a regular for FCE so I say bring him in.

If Davies is eligible, find room for him too. Why wait?

Talba is going to Bolonga, that should be enough to keep him busy, but he'd be next in line.

Drop Henry (injured). Aside from that, I think you have a fine roster. I'd add Edward instead.

This camp should be used to find some players who can make a difference or add to the core that has years of playing together. Went with a team who all would be past the olympic age. Would love to see this team play against a Guatemela or El Salvador, maybe even a Nicaragua 

Gk: Thomas, Crepeau, Greg Ranjitsingh

D: Tissot, Pasher, Roberts, Ouimette, Didic, Aird, Ellis-Hayden

M: Dixon, Johnson, Osorio, Chapman, Bustos, Straith, Bekker, Teibert

F: Hamilton, Babouli, Jackson-Hamel, Akindele, Gonzales, Larin

Somehow, somewhere I think Michael Cox should be included.

Except for Ouimette, Bekker, Straith, J-H have all had good-to-breakout seasons in terms of being standouts on their team. 

1 hour ago, farrelld said:

I'd like to see Aird get more time in the set up but he might be looking for a new team around this time if Vancouver can't/doesn't want to keep him or he doesn't have a place with Rangers.

I feel like the 'caps might wait until after the expansion draft to sign Aird. I hope they keep him though.

On 2016-11-16 at 1:17 AM, Obinna said:

Tabla is only in Bologna from November 20 to December 1. A camp invite in January would be a good way for him to get ready for the start of the MLS season.

On 11/16/2016 at 5:19 PM, Jahinho Guerro said:

This camp should be used to find some players who can make a difference or add to the core that has years of playing together. Went with a team who all would be past the olympic age. Would love to see this team play against a Guatemela or El Salvador, maybe even a Nicaragua 

Gk: Thomas, Crepeau, Greg Ranjitsingh

D: Tissot, Pasher, Roberts, Ouimette, Didic, Aird, Ellis-Hayden

M: Dixon, Johnson, Osorio, Chapman, Bustos, Straith, Bekker, Teibert

F: Hamilton, Babouli, Jackson-Hamel, Akindele, Gonzales, Larin

Somehow, somewhere I think Michael Cox should be included.

Except for Ouimette, Bekker, Straith, J-H have all had good-to-breakout seasons in terms of being standouts on their team. 

One of the best looking Camp Poutine rosters I've seen in a while. Lots of players getting playing time at a decent level of play.

Wouldn't mind seeing Raheem Edwards as well.

On 11/14/2016 at 9:11 PM, shermanator said:

I really hope Luca Gasparotto is at this camp. Also, how about La'Vere Corbin Ong?

Regarding Elva, he must be hurt or something, as he hasn't played in a month. Either that, or he is very out of favour at Stuttgart.

Elva is out of the lineup due to an injury according to a report yesterday.

Archived