Camp Poutine 2017

shermanator

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shermanator said:

Now THIS is an away trip I can get interested in.

You could try crowdfunding your way there (like Squizz to Toronto) :lol:.

@BuzzAndSting 2nd honeymoon?

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

How much longer can we go without having a game at home?

We played Morocco on their turf. South Korea on their turf. Same with Guyana and Grenada (U23). Not to mention the U-17/U-20 games. Somebody's got to owe us a home game right? Iceland may still owe us a home game as well.

Just now, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

You could try crowdfunding your way there (like Squizz to Toronto) :lol:.

@BuzzAndSting 2nd honeymoon?

We played Morocco on their turf. South Korea on their turf. Same with Guyana and Grenada (U23). Not to mention the U-17/U-20 games. Somebody's got to owe us a home game right? Iceland may still owe us a home game as well.

I'm looking at flight costs as I type...

52 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Man considering were playing Bermuda.... I hope we get  a lot of first time call ups for this camp.... I would hate to see some regular faces (DE Jong, ledgey, etc.)

I'm hopeful it's a camp of a lot of young guys and first timers (where's mo's call up?). I do expext to see edgar and de jong but hope it's mostly an almost u25 side

2 hours ago, matty said:

I'm hopeful it's a camp of a lot of young guys and first timers (where's mo's call up?). I do expext to see edgar and de jong but hope it's mostly an almost u25 side

That is exactly what I was going to say.

But no Edgar either....there's not much experience/wisdom you can bring to a match against Bermuda. It can't be for introducing a new system either, as half the important players won't be available.

I honestly feel if you are not capable of "showing out" against Bermuda (a PDL at best) then you'll never be ready to play against Guatemala, El Salvador etc. to say the least. 

17 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

That is exactly what I was going to say.

But no Edgar either....there's not much experience/wisdom you can bring to a match against Bermuda. It can't be for introducing a new system either, as half the important players won't be available.

I honestly feel if you are not capable of "showing out" against Bermuda (a PDL at best) then you'll never be ready to play against Guatemala, El Salvador etc. to say the least. 

I mentioned earlier the idea of a mostly "select" team of U25 MLS/NASL/USL based guys playing this one to see how they do with Arfield and Hoilett also going. I feel this is the grouping most likely going to be repping Canada in 2022 WCQ. Leutwiler should also go so we can have a better look at him. Edgar and De Jong also should go.

Something like this but not this

Crepeau-Leutwiler

Aird-James-Adekugbe-Tissot-Lefevre-Edgar-De Jong

Osorio-Straith-Bustos-Piette-Arfield-Hoillett

Larin-Akindele-Hamilton-Babouli

32 minutes ago, matty said:

I mentioned earlier the idea of a mostly "select" team of U25 MLS/NASL/USL based guys playing this one to see how they do with Arfield and Hoilett also going. I feel this is the grouping most likely going to be repping Canada in 2022 WCQ. Leutwiler should also go so we can have a better look at him. Edgar and De Jong also should go.

Something like this but not this

Crepeau-Leutwiler

Aird-James-Adekugbe-Tissot-Lefevre-Edgar-De Jong

Osorio-Straith-Bustos-Piette-Arfield-Hoillett

Larin-Akindele-Hamilton-Babouli

I doubt Canada will be able to bring in players in England, because I don't think its set for FIFA date. It would be mostly MLS/USL/European leagues that are off during winter. I do agree with you about having mainly youngsters being called up.

Just now, Scorpion26 said:

I doubt Canada will be able to bring in players in England, because I don't think its set for FIFA date. It would be mostly MLS/USL/European leagues that are off during winter. I do agree with you about having mainly youngsters being called up.

BLAH covering MLS this year has messed with my remembering dates

16 hours ago, Scorpion26 said:

I don't have a full list, but C. Larin is someone that should be at the Camp Poutine. I feel the more games he gets internationally the better for him. I believe also Osario, Bekker, and few more should get called up. 

Potentially Larin could be unavailable if any of the rumours prove to be true and he is off to Europe.

4 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Potentially Larin could be unavailable if any of the rumours prove to be true and he is off to Europe.

Don't hold your breath on that. Orlando has a financial incentive (66% of transfer fee vs. 50%) to keep him one more year.

Archived