Camp Poutine 2017

shermanator

2 hours ago, Soccerpro said:

As strange as it is to say it. I feel like defenders are going to be our problem area over the next cycle not forwards or midfielders.

MLS doesn't really take chances with young CBs and we have none in the pipeline. Aside from Kadin Chub, we still don't have a RB prospect.

Contrast that with the likes of Cyle Larin, Jordan Hamilton, Alphonso Davies, Ballou Tabla, Jay Chapman etc etc. We will be a good attacking team.

Not only Chung but Brault-Guillard and Boakye as well.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next cycle starts in 2.5 years.. it's not that far away.  We'll still have guys like Vitoria and Edgar.. maybe De Jong, Jakovic and Hainault too.  

Obviously you hope that young defenders overseas like Henry, James, Gasporotto, Aird can develop and surpass those veterans.  Maybe guys in NASL take their game to a new level, it's not really a horrible level IMO.. all of our rivals have called players from the league.  

Then there are some interesting young prospects in the academies, the guys at SKC and the kid at Lyon.  And who knows? Maybe Tomori is back in the fold in the next few years.  

15 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@BuzzAndSting so clearly you'll be watching this one closely!

Interested in doing a setup like back in June so we can watch the game at Gracies? I think I'd go down if you did. Any events from 2-4pm on Sundays? Friends or Seinfeld trivia? ;)

Round up the troops! @El Hombre @JamboAl?! Jess and I will be there! Probably closer to 130pm to set up the laptop and projector.

On 2017-01-18 at 9:28 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

@Moldy9 can you make one of your "même"-style pictures for us for Camp Poutine (Like you did to make fun of Floro)? Maybe Michael Finlay in Bermuda shorts holding a poutine?

Since you wanted one so bad I made two for ya and why not considering today is a historical day, it's going to be huuuge, it really is:

IMG_4440.JPG

IMG_4443.JPG

Is anyone desperate to see this match who won't be able to? I can try and record and upload it but I can't guarantee anything as the last time it was a bit of a struggle getting everything sorted. If so I should be able to have it up Sunday night and I'll create a separate thread to link.

You have to give credit to the Attakora's of the world still at it after all these years still kicking at trying to make a living playing a sport he loves, can't be making much money and at his age don't think a big pay day as a pro soccer player is coming any day soon, maybe with all the contacts he has made playing over the years he can find a way of staying in the game either coaching or something else related to the game and still make a living at it.

15 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Is anyone desperate to see this match who won't be able to? I can try and record and upload it but I can't guarantee anything as the last time it was a bit of a struggle getting everything sorted. If so I should be able to have it up Sunday night and I'll create a separate thread to link.

I'd be very happy if you can. But no worries if you can't. 

2 hours ago, Ruffian said:

Our RB carousel continues to turn.

Attakora played the entirety of last season for Fort Lauderdale as a RB and was one of the better fullbacks in the league. He also played mostly there for San Antonio the year before that if I'm not mistaken. It's almost certainly the reason he was called up.

Just now, Floortom said:

I'm sure I will get bashed for this comment but I can't remember being less interested in a Senior team match than this one. Just failed in WCQ, totally uninspiring roster and led by a lame-duck interim manager.

Not a bashing here but it's a friendly outside of a FIFA window, what can you expect?  But I am interested in the game. I'm curious to see some new faces and what they do.  It's a team in transistion and the game is what it is...

14 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I'm sure I will get bashed for this comment but I can't remember being less interested in a Senior team match than this one. Just failed in WCQ, totally uninspiring roster and led by a lame-duck interim manager.

I was actually less interested when we played the two games against Mauritania. At least Bermuda is a country I have heard of..

7 hours ago, Zem said:

Attakora played the entirety of last season for Fort Lauderdale as a RB and was one of the better fullbacks in the league. He also played mostly there for San Antonio the year before that if I'm not mistaken. It's almost certainly the reason he was called up.

I think Attakora is a better RB than CB at this point of his career. I don't mind having him come in and out to provide us cover at the position. 

On 1/20/2017 at 11:59 AM, Keegan said:

Next cycle starts in 2.5 years.. it's not that far away.  We'll still have guys like Vitoria and Edgar.. maybe De Jong, Jakovic and Hainault too.  

Obviously you hope that young defenders overseas like Henry, James, Gasporotto, Aird can develop and surpass those veterans.  Maybe guys in NASL take their game to a new level, it's not really a horrible level IMO.. all of our rivals have called players from the league.  

Of all the guys mentioned who aren't future prospects, how many would you want starting in a real game that counts? To me, they're just some guys. 

I can see where there could be a worthwhile player in the next cycle at all of the other positions. Unless Canada can secure the services of Ferreira and Tomori, I'm not sure where decent center backs are going to come from.  

11 hours ago, Rheo said:

Not a bashing here but it's a friendly outside of a FIFA window, what can you expect?  But I am interested in the game. I'm curious to see some new faces and what they do.  It's a team in transistion and the game is what it is...

True, but I'm not seeing any upside in too many of these guys.  I wonder in a year's time how many of them will still in the NT conversation.

I'm with all the mehness towards this game but am at least somewhat pleased there are 3 outfield debutantes, that most of the team are 25 and under, that it's a non-neutral game being played against a CONCACAF nation..............given a mega minnow.

Archived