Amer Didic

lazlo_80

Amer Didic was born in Bosnia but raised in Edmonton

I think after 3 seasons of being in and out of the 18’ at Sporting Kansas City for MLS matches and being loaned out to the USL side without getting a chance to play for the first team 

It would be a wise decision to sign for FCE and return to play in the CPL

He’s already been called up to the national team once but this can give him a better look

Considering his age (23) and his position (CB) important that he plays week in and week out 

The club has his options for 2019 & 2020

Hope he makes the decision to part for a better place 

3 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Didic could start somewhere else in MLS. I don't think going to CPL would be the ideal move for him. 

No chance.. if he can’t get a single appearance with SKC or the CMNT (when any mls quality defender would start) something is up.  I haven’t seen him play so maybe everyone is overlooking him but it seems doubtful. 

12 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Amer Didic was born in Bosnia but raised in Edmonton

I think after 3 seasons of being in and out of the 18’ at Sporting Kansas City for MLS matches and being loaned out to the USL side without getting a chance to play for the first team 

It would be a wise decision to sign for FCE and return to play in the CPL

He’s already been called up to the national team once but this can give him a better look

Considering his age (23) and his position (CB) important that he plays week in and week out 

The club has his options for 2019 & 2020

Hope he makes the decision to part for a better place 

D2 Europe maybe? But yes, at this point needs some consistent PT.

You never know, just because he cant get over the hump at SKC doesnt mean there isnt another team out there that he could at least get some starts to prove whether or not he can handle the jump in quality.  Especially with more expansion in MLS coming down the pipe.  And is training with the big club for the last month that bad compared to playing 3-4 USL games??  

48 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

You never know, just because he cant get over the hump at SKC doesnt mean there isnt another team out there that he could at least get some starts to prove whether or not he can handle the jump in quality.  Especially with more expansion in MLS coming down the pipe.  And is training with the big club for the last month that bad compared to playing 3-4 USL games??  

There is definitely no place in MLS where he is a sure starter. When SKC is healthy he doesn't even make the bench, and they are a relatively poor defensive team this year. He doesn't even stand out in USL the way he did last year. 

He'd get minutes on a team like Colorado, but Didic turns 24 this year...he needs to go to a team where he'll play every matchday. Anything that's not regular minutes at this stage in his career is a bad move. Hope he goes to CPL or Scandinavia or one of the USL teams making the jump to MLS in the next few years.

5 hours ago, Keegan said:

No chance.. if he can’t get a single appearance with SKC or the CMNT (when any mls quality defender would start) something is up.  I haven’t seen him play so maybe everyone is overlooking him but it seems doubtful. 

We saw him play at that tournament in Qatar, March of 2017. I really liked him, I thought he was great. For me, for his size, ability, he looks like a great prospect. But he needs minutes

This is a bit of the old NCAA mentality, or could be (hope I am wrong). These kids sit around 4 years being good college kids, with few minutes in the early years, and short seasons, then do the same on MLS clubs. Instead of making a fuss, demanding a loan, pushing a bit. They get to 25 and they are still in mental diapers in soccer terms. Sort of ticks me off--what a way to waste a young talent.

9 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

There is definitely no place in MLS where he is a sure starter. When SKC is healthy he doesn't even make the bench, and they are a relatively poor defensive team this year. He doesn't even stand out in USL the way he did last year. 

He'd get minutes on a team like Colorado, but Didic turns 24 this year...he needs to go to a team where he'll play every matchday. Anything that's not regular minutes at this stage in his career is a bad move. Hope he goes to CPL or Scandinavia or one of the USL teams making the jump to MLS in the next few years.

This!

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We saw him play at that tournament in Qatar, March of 2017. I really liked him, I thought he was great. For me, for his size, ability, he looks like a great prospect. But he needs minutes

This is a bit of the old NCAA mentality, or could be (hope I am wrong). These kids sit around 4 years being good college kids, with few minutes in the early years, and short seasons, then do the same on MLS clubs. Instead of making a fuss, demanding a loan, pushing a bit. They get to 25 and they are still in mental diapers in soccer terms. Sort of ticks me off--what a way to waste a young talent.

But without college soccer this is a guy that would have been out of the game. He didn't even play in NCAA but at some no-name NAIA school. I get your point, and largely agree, but Didic's case is slightly different. But it is time he gets hungry, and bets on himself to advance his career or it will be over pretty quickly and he'll only have the CPL option.

Maybe I just look at this the wrong way. He didnt get a game with SKC last year.  This year he has been up with the big club and in the 18 a fair bit, to me that means he is only one tight ham string or one red card from coming in for part of a game.  Isnt that some sort of progress? After a disapointing last year he stuck it out and should at least be learning from the other SKC defenders in training. SKC must see something to bring him back after last year and to include him in the 18 so much (he still has 15 games with swope park as well).  That first game will be the hardest and if he ever does get in and show he can handle it at least he'll have the confidence to keep plugging away.  Its hard to believe if it doesnt work out that he cant latch on somewhere as the 4th CB on a roster (with more expansion teams coming all the time).  I guess he is the kind of guy the CPL should be able to lure away.  

9 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Maybe I just look at this the wrong way. He didnt get a game with SKC last year.  This year he has been up with the big club and in the 18 a fair bit, to me that means he is only one tight ham string or one red card from coming in for part of a game.  Isnt that some sort of progress? After a disapointing last year he stuck it out and should at least be learning from the other SKC defenders in training. SKC must see something to bring him back after last year and to include him in the 18 so much (he still has 15 games with swope park as well).  That first game will be the hardest and if he ever does get in and show he can handle it at least he'll have the confidence to keep plugging away.  Its hard to believe if it doesnt work out that he cant latch on somewhere as the 4th CB on a roster (with more expansion teams coming all the time).  I guess he is the kind of guy the CPL should be able to lure away.  

You're right, if he was 18, or 19 or 20 or even 21. But he's 23 and will be 24 this year. He's wasting valuable time. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fullback said:

He has signed with San Antonio FC so no CPL for him. Should probably take him well out of senior team consideration as well.

https://www.sanantoniofc.com/news_article/show/978420 

I wonder what's making a number of guys opt to stay in USL instead of going north. Probably $$$. I wonder how long before the CPL can pay higher salaries to players than the USL.

Edited by Vince193