Amer Didic

lazlo_80

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
21 minutes ago, WheatsheafSK said:

I am confused and/or missing context - Are Didic and Sissoko on trial somewhere?  Didn't Sissoko just join Wanderers and Didic is still at FC Edmonton?

As said above, they are both on trial at Whitecaps. Word is either that Didic is a free agent, or has a clause in his contract that allows him to move to an MLS club on free transfer.

Sissoko also apparently has a similar clause or would be allowed to leave on a minimal fee

18 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I find it strange that Didic is on trial. He’s been around MLS/USL/CPL for years now. We know what he has to offer

MDS has also managed him before at swope park rangers hasnt he?

They probably want to see how he fits into the group and level and have the option to do that without purchase which is sensible. 

The worrying part is why there is doubt and if there is will he be anything other than 4/5 choice? 

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

MDS has also managed him before at swope park rangers hasnt he?

They probably want to see how he fits into the group and level and have the option to do that without purchase which is sensible. 

The worrying part is why there is doubt and if there is will he be anything other than 4/5 choice? 

Oh I understand why the club would want to bring him in on trial. I bet they would do it with every single player if they had the chance, but that’s not typically how it works. So why with Didic? He’s got to be one of the safer signings possible being cheap, domestic and familiar to the manager and much of the squad

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Oh I understand why the club would want to bring him in on trial. I bet they would do it with every single player if they had the chance, but that’s not typically how it works. So why with Didic? He’s got to be one of the safer signings possible being cheap, domestic and familiar to the manager and much of the squad

Maybe it's not MDS that needs convincing? 

Also I guess more to your point they can do that with didic because he his contract situation and the CPL support allows it. Conflicting reports either he is a free agent or he has something in his contract to allow him to do this. Edmonton are certainly supportive of it. 

Edited by toontownman

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

If he is signed, perhaps he's loaned back to CPL?

Maybe, although makes you wonder why they would bother. He isnt a young player to invest in. 

I feel like they are testing him out and he is the fall back if they dont sign another starting CB. 

Nothing to say he wouldnt get some minutes even if he is 4th/5th choice. Not an injury free backline. He certainly would in the V-Cup.

I think its likely more about testing him against quicker/stronger higher level players. He has managed him before and knows about him. His CPL play is visible and he had a good year. 

Still also think he is a cheap fall back option. If they cant find better or he adapts well and shows well in training he will save then money.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:19 AM, BearcatSA said:

If he is signed, perhaps he's loaned back to CPL?

I can't see any point in this whatsoever. They could save the money and just sign him during the season if they need him (unless the release clause is time limited). 

11 hours ago, BCM said:

I can't see any point in this whatsoever. They could save the money and just sign him during the season if they need him (unless the release clause is time limited). 

Whats MLS minimum??  57,000???  If they can pay that to Mcdonough last year, have him play one game in MLS and loan him out to USL..why not Didic??    

• 5 months later...
50 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Is Didic still with Edmonton??  I was checking out USL games on youtube and the graphic for OKC energy listed a DIDIC, but there isnt a Didic on the team roster.  It must be a typo or someone else eh??  

No Didic but Zachary Ellis-Hayden started for OKC at RB and ex Halifax Wanderers MF Kodai Iida is on their bench

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...