Amer Didic

lazlo_80

Starting watching SPR games to watch Didic. He is a very calm defender who stays deep and only comes up when necessary. He tends to spread the ball quickly and far when in possession instead of holding on. He also holds possession very well and moves to the goalies side to give him an option when the goalie has the ball at his feet. 

He's really impressed he in the 2 and a half matches of his i watched. Hopefully he can get some minutes with SKC but if not I wouldn't be that surprised to see him at another team within the next year or so. Definitely a player I could see starting for Canada. He could probably do with stepping in a bit more often.   

• 2 weeks later...

Didic with another clean sheet tonight, that's four in a row for the young kid. He's also got a really high pass completion rate at 90%(96% in his own half and averaging 79 passes a game) which is 7% higher than the team average. 

I think this kid would be getting MLS minutes if he wasn't behind the best CB pairing in MLS and a USYNT starter. 

1 hour ago, ReedOnTheGrand said:

Didic with another clean sheet tonight, that's four in a row for the young kid. He's also got a really high pass completion rate at 90%(96% in his own half and averaging 79 passes a game) which is 7% higher than the team average. 

I think this kid would be getting MLS minutes if he wasn't behind the best CB pairing in MLS and a USYNT starter. 

I also like him a lot, he is a nice prospect and agree he is ready to step up.

Patience is a virtue SKC most likely will sell EPB at some point and if they don't might make the move to the next generation CB. Didic and EPB playing CB together while Besler or Opara get traded for picks or both get traded. Didic will get his shot it's just yea EPB is ahead of him for sure. 

20 minutes ago, ReedOnTheGrand said:

He's probably the best cb in USL(was in team of the year last year), he can do better than both those levels IMO. 

I know that there are some real concerns about his athletic ability at the MLS level. He's one of the slower CBs in USL. Unfortunately, Americans put a ton of stock in athletic ability. I'm not sure he's going to get a great look at the MLS level if he isn't during the Gold Cup when SKC is missing 2-3 starting defenders.

He may need to get out of the SKC set up to prove he's a player.

Edited by harrycoyster

Just now, harrycoyster said:

I know that there are some real concerns about his athletic ability at the MLS level. He's one of the slower CBs in USL. Unfortunately, Americans put a ton of stock in athletic ability. I'm not sure he's going to get a great look at the MLS level if he isn't during the Gold Cup when SKC is missing 2-3 starting defenders.

That's fair. I'm not against him going to Europe at all but Bosnian league is shit. I think he would be well off in Croatia or Northern Europe.

“Signing Amer is something we have been planning since the beginning of the year when he joined us for preseason,” Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said. “He is someone who came to the Swope Park Rangers last year and has made an incredible evolution in a short period of time. He’s a very good defender with the ball at his feet and he’s incredibly agile for his size. I’m excited for Amer because not many people knew about him out of college, and I appreciate when players get rewarded for staying committed and going after their dream.

https://www.sportingkc.com/post/2017/05/31/sporting-kc-signs-22-year-old-defender-amer-didic-mls-contract-swope-park-rangers

2 hours ago, DigzTFC said:

“Signing Amer is something we have been planning since the beginning of the year when he joined us for preseason,” Sporting Kansas City Manager Peter Vermes said. “He is someone who came to the Swope Park Rangers last year and has made an incredible evolution in a short period of time. He’s a very good defender with the ball at his feet and he’s incredibly agile for his size. I’m excited for Amer because not many people knew about him out of college, and I appreciate when players get rewarded for staying committed and going after their dream.

https://www.sportingkc.com/post/2017/05/31/sporting-kc-signs-22-year-old-defender-amer-didic-mls-contract-swope-park-rangers

This is great and all but it happened awhile ago. He's still playing with SPR

That article was from May 31, 2017

This is from July 18, 2017:

Another fantastic week from the Swope Park Rangers has culminated with two players receiving USL Team of the Week honors for Week 17.

Didic, a 22-year-old center back on loan from Sporting Kansas City, hardly put a foot wrong as SPR’s defensive anchor, completing 125 of 133 passes across the two games while contributing to a pair of shutouts. He was especially superb on Sunday in Portland, recording 11 clearances and four interceptions as SPR held Timbers 2 to a single shot on goal.

23 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Andy O'Brian and Kevin McKenna are two 6'4"+ CBs that come to mind who were slow as shit but played at the highest levels because they never put a foot wrong. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

21 hours ago, DigzTFC said:

Words are wind. Where's the playing time to back this up?

Edited by A_Gagne

11 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Andy O'Brian and Kevin McKenna are two 6'4"+ CBs that come to mind who were slow as shit but played at the highest levels because they never put a foot wrong. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

I'm just repeating what I've heard. SKC likes to play with a high-line which is suited for CBs with recovery speed. Besler, Opara and Palmer-Brown are all rapid for CBs. Didic is going to have a hard time breaking into their system.

He's going to spend the rest of the year at SPR unless Palmer-Brown is sold in this window and there is no end in sight for Besler and Opara.

On 7/22/2017 at 1:34 PM, harrycoyster said:

WOW, I watch a bunch of USL, that is really saying something cause there are a lot of slow CB in that league.  I have noticed americans love tall CB as well and he sure fits that bill.  Considering he was nowhere 1.5years ago (finished college, undrafted), then won a USL spot in preseason, won a starting spot, then almost won defender of the year, got into the champions league with SKC, then signed a 1st team contract, and is now getting called to the senior side for gameday roster...I would say he is doing ok.  He is only 22, common for a CB to still be green at that age, another year playing a lot of minutes with USL is going to hurt him.  

On 23/7/2017 at 10:43 AM, A_Gagne said:

The best central defender in Concacaf of the 20th century, arguably, was slow as shit, had great anticipation, was a solid, measured passer who could also go long, and played at the highest of levels. And he did not look physically imposing. 

Who am I talking about?

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The best central defender in Concacaf of the 20th century, arguably, was slow as shit, had great anticipation, was a solid, measured passer who could also go long, and played at the highest of levels. And he did not look physically imposing. 

Who am I talking about?

Didn't know you were an admirer of Carlos Bocanegra. :D