Amer Didic

lazlo_80

• 1 month later...

Gets the start in the back 4 for Sporting Kansas City in their Concacaf Champions League match against T&T club Central. Unless he gets red-carded in the last few minutes (they are in the 86th minute as I type, tied 2-2), he will go the full 90. (Un-related to this thread, Tyler Pasher was dressed but did not leave the bench).

• 1 month later...

He is on a nice upward arc as opposed to many of our more touted prospects. Coming out of a small school, undrafted, probably only got a chance with Swope because of Dos Santos, Turned some heads in preseason, won starting job then called up to big club for CCL, named league all-star and nominated for league best defender...and he is still 21.    6'4, good in the air, scored alot in college....if he isnt on the CMNT radar by now he should be.  This guy has to be my favorite CDN story coming out of USL this year.  

15 hours ago, shermanator said:

Wonder if he makes the jump to Sporting KC or follows dos Santos to San Fran next year?

I'm skeptical about him getting an MLS deal unless they solve the Canadians as imports issue, but you mentioning dos Santos and San Fran has me excited. Going there would be good for him, but also the threat of him leaving the KC system with dos Santos could pressure them into giving Didic an MLS deal.

8 hours ago, BradMack said:

I'm skeptical about him getting an MLS deal unless they solve the Canadians as imports issue, but you mentioning dos Santos and San Fran has me excited. Going there would be good for him, but also the threat of him leaving the KC system with dos Santos could pressure them into giving Didic an MLS deal.

I have a feeling that if Canadians are considered domestic league wide in MLS in 2017, Didic is the first player to benefit from that agreement and sign an MLS deal. If Canadians are not considered domestic league wide, then I think he has the ability to make the jump to NASL and make the case for taking up an international spot.

Regarding Aleksic, this is a kid who's played 45 minutes in 3 years. I don't think Miller trusts his abilities, and he will continue to be 4th on the CB depth chart.

• 7 months later...