• Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Larson thinks that based on training this will be our lineup:

Hoilett - Larin - Tos

Edgar - Hutch - Piette

DeJong - Vitoria - James - Dixon

pretty crazy if true 

Assuming Arfield would still see serious minutes in the second half for one of Hoilett and Ricketts, or in midfield if we're behind, the front 6 is about what most of us here would have expected.

De Jong is obvious. Dixon puzzling. CB was always going to be weird with so many on the roster but none lighting the world on fire. If this is the lineup (and I don't really think it is) I'm glad Jakovic and Hainault aren't in it, and Henry isn't being started out of position at RB (though that is, again the position where we don't even have adequate options).

That seems like most of the starters with other options being worked in to see how they fit. Dixon might make a good RB but I'd bet my house he wouldn't start. Vitoria and James could be a thing. I think the front 3 is also a thing but I'd be surprised if Arfield wasn't in for Edgar or Piette.

5 minutes ago, spinrack said:

The timing of this match is somewhat bizarre.  A kickoff of 4pm local time seems quite early.  It's like CONCACAF doesn't want the majority of the Canadian audience to see the game, as most of us will be at work, or just barely finished for the day.

From that perspective it is bizarre. But literally the only reason it is scheduled at this time is to force Canada to play during the hottest part of the day.

6 minutes ago, spinrack said:

The timing of this match is somewhat bizarre.  A kickoff of 4pm local time seems quite early.  It's like CONCACAF doesn't want the majority of the Canadian audience to see the game, as most of us will be at work, or just barely finished for the day.

Honduras is just playing the home field advantage to their advantage hoping the heat gets to Canada and drags them down.  It's like the game in Vancouver with the dome open in 40-50 weather or that US qualifier from a few years ago that was in a snow storm.

26 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Assuming Arfield would still see serious minutes in the second half for one of Hoilett and Ricketts, or in midfield if we're behind, the front 6 is about what most of us here would have expected.

De Jong is obvious. Dixon puzzling. CB was always going to be weird with so many on the roster but none lighting the world on fire. If this is the lineup (and I don't really think it is) I'm glad Jakovic and Hainault aren't in it, and Henry isn't being started out of position at RB (though that is, again the position where we don't even have adequate options).

Sure blows my theory out of the water that Floro wants continuity and familiarity with his back line in particular as well as his whole team in general regarding his team selections. 

Well who knows what the actual lineup will be but..I kinda understand it from a strategy/tactical point of view.  You have 3 forwards but also have pretty defensive-oriented midfield with Edgar, Hutch and Piette.  So it's really a back 7 with 3 forwards in Hoilett, Larin and Ricketts.

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Is anyone else starved for coverage? I am checking the CSA's YT channel every half hour here...

I seem to be making up for the lack of coverage by maniacally checking in on this site every 42 seconds.  I got jack shit done at work today because our IT folks are too dumb to block this site.  Seriously, how am I supposed to be productive?

37 minutes ago, tarnado1555362291 said:

Gavin Day (who is also down in San Pedro Sula) is a good listen on the Fan 590 podcast. He mentions that Jamar Dixon is apparently very fast and versatile (can play numerous positions). Seems that our focus is on holding defensive shape, to avoid a meltdown.

https://twitter.com/gavinlday

Archived