WCQ Honduras - Canada 2 Sept Pre-game

xabuep2

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure if other people do similar things, but sometimes I like to bet what I feel a Canada win is worth to me onto the other team. In other words, what would I be happy to lose if Canada won or got a draw. Today I'm thinking $150 on Honduras. If we win or draw, I'll be ecstatic and won't care about the $150, if we lose, I'll make some money to put towards beers to help me forget.

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Anytime I hear the word "Honduras", I think of being personally at that disgusting September day in Montreal in 2008, the Gold Cup QF loss in 2009 in Philadelphia and that 0-0 in Toronto last qualifying cycle when a win would have made 8-1 irrelevant.  In fact, friends have told me that I have an unhealthy "obsession" with the entire nation of Honduras. 

I hope September 2, 2016 won't be added to that line of grim history in Canadian soccer and that I can move on with my life.. 

I absolutely know how you feel. Never liked Honduras. Never!   They get all the breaks: the refs (Archundia!), the corruption (who declares a national holiday to harass the Canadian team in their hotel),  the heat, etc.  

I'd rather cheer for Costa Rica or even Panama than Honduras.  I'd even take great joy in seeing Honduras crash and burn in all past World Cup matches.    I also hope TODAY is the day we wipe out the damages of four years ago.  I hope this is our time.

2 minutes ago, redhat said:

I absolutely know how you feel. Never liked Honduras. Never!   They get all the breaks: the refs (Archundia!), the corruption (who declares a national holiday to harass the Canadian team in their hotel),  the heat, etc.  

I'd rather cheer for Costa Rica or even Panama than Honduras.  I'd even take great joy in seeing Honduras crash and burn in all past World Cup matches.    I also hope TODAY is the day we wipe out the damages of four years ago.  I hope this is our time.

Hallelujah!  Hope things are well in the 'Peg.

47 minutes ago, gator said:

I have a 4 block walk from my work to The Pleasant Fucker here in Hamilton, I finish at 4 so I should be on my 2nd Guinness by kick off! :D

I was the one watching with you in Burlington 4 years ago. I'm hoping for a better result this time, but I'm going to be stuck at work. I moved to San Jose 2 years ago but otherwise I'd be right there on Augusta St with you!

I think it's going to be hard for either team to push hard in the last 30 minutes of the game in those conditions.  I hope we come out strong early, I feel like that's our best chance to get some points.  Otherwise, it's going to be a long anxious afternoon of defending in search of a 0-0 draw.

Hi Everyone,

First post here just wanted to wish everyone good luck today,

I have been following this website since the last World Cup Qualifying Phase for 2014 and joined the hopeful only for my dreams which were only just created to be smashed to pitiful pieces by Honduras 4 years ago. But like you my love of football and this country had me hooked and the hopes and dreams live on. It was always great to read topics and see that I was not the only one in this country who cared about our Men's soccer team and because I feel like this time is different I just wanted to sign up and say hello to everyone and hope they enjoy the game.

Forever a dreamer one day we will win it all!!!

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

One other note of interest... the sports bookies who are usually know their stuff have us listed as major underdogs.  I knew we would be but I was surprised by how much... even a draw is paying 4.5:1

Screen Shot 2016-09-02 at 3.21.20 PM.png

tempted to throw some money down on a draw

8 minutes ago, balfe said:

Does anyone know if Emilio Izaguirre will be playing? Anyway, huge match for Canada, really hard to make a prediction so I'm not going to bother. Do Canada have enough about them to go and get the 3 points?

Loss realistic, Draw great, Win miracle and historic. 

Archived