WCQ Honduras - Canada 2 Sept Pre-game

xabuep2

Just now, Sébastien said:

For real.

Interested to see the Fury on there with JdG injured. Assume it means Tissot is being called, unless they decide to give Haworth a spot based on recent form? I doubt it though...

Didn't realize JDG was injured... maybe they just tagged the 5 canadian teams and then dropped hints with FCD, Burnley and Besiktas also tagged

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Sébastien said:

For real.

Interested to see the Fury on there with JdG injured. Assume it means Tissot is being called, unless they decide to give Haworth a spot based on recent form? I doubt it though...

Tissot seems very possible given that Ouimette hasn't been in the 18 for Jacksonville in the last couple weeks and could be injured as well. Not to mention Tissot's been in great form for Ottawa.

After a week of sales, (including 2 days of presale), FENAFUTH has sold 11 400 tickets for Sept 2nd..

The prep friendly game scheduled tonight vs Nicaragua has been moved from Tegu to SPS says FIFA's website. Nothing about tickets for that game, so I assume it will be closed doors. Anybody know more?

http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=hon/

Seem to remember a similar ticket sentiment last time...crowds in Central America are all walk-ups.

Where do you see the ticketing info anyways?  If they ship hard tickets to Canada I would certainly spend the $2.93 on my WCQ ticket stub collection.

I noticed yesterday that Ever Alvarado has signed with Sporting KC. He seems to have lost the backup LB spot to U23 player Brayan Garcia who plays domestically. Got me thinking of Pinto's comments last November that Hondurans tend to lose their hunger when they move abroad (not sure i fully agree, but he may have a point in some cases). So i started to wonder what the heck happened to Juan Carlos Garcia? He was battling with Izzaguirre for the starting LB spot last cycle and signed with Wigan in 2013. Why's he not around anymore? Poor guy was diagnosed with Leukemia last year:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/16/wigan-athletic-juan-carlos-garcia-leukaemia

Hope he wins his battle...

2 hours ago, canta15 said:

Wow, right during the Champions League draw

Champions draw is already done. Good thing a few Canadians were involved or, with Ajax bombing out, no one would pay attention to that draw...

Borjan gets Paris Saint-Germain, Arsenal, FC Basel.

Hutch Benfica, Napoli, Dynamo Kiev.

On 8/23/2016 at 7:59 PM, gigi riva said:

This  is  the  most  perfect  moment  to  end  the  misery   from  that  8  -  1   drubbing    4  years  ago   .   I  hope  some  members  of  Team  Canada  realize  this  .   Leaving  Honduras    even  with  a  point   would  be  good.   But  why  stop  there  go  there   and  grab  all  three  points,  Why  not   we  have  beaten  them  before. 

^this.  

This might be the only cycle where we will have a prime Hoilett and Arfield. 4 years from now they will be 30 and 31. For Arfield it won't be that big a deal if he plays in the centre midfielder role, but for Hoilett pace is one of his key attributes. We have to take advantage of them while we can.

3 minutes ago, canta15 said:

This might be the only cycle where we will have a prime Hoilett and Arfield. 4 years from now they will be 30 and 31. For Arfield it won't be that big a deal if he plays in the centre midfielder role but for Hoilett pace is one of his key attributes. We have to take advantage of them while we can.

Yeah I agree. Arfield, Hoilett, Hutchinson, Larin are a pretty good core. Come on lads. 

Archived