CANADA vs Mexico @ BC Place 25th March 2016

canadianfoot

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think playing Mexico on turf is a good call, it turns into more of an athletic game and takes a little off their technical advantage.  As Will said before the match the Hondurans are a bit more athletic than the Mexicans.

Hopefully we can have a nice cold night for them in March, that combined with the turf should see us pick up a point at least.

It would be neat and tidy if the "big 3" (TO, Mtrl, Van) would all get one of the games in this round.  But fuck it, BMO's had a monopoly for so long

I don't think Saputo can be used in March.. and BMO will be still under renovations.

If they could market to those who bought to get them to repeat, that would go a long way to getting a Canadian majority. And do it before the open up to the rest. Make all Mex supporters go to certain sections, and control how they sell. 

There were 40,000 Mexicans at the GC a couple years ago in Seattle, but soft support, families, not many were real footie fans even. But still, that is a base that could mean a big crowd at BC Place. If Floro wants to repeat it is for the support, no doubt, so we have to make it work right.

I can see this selling out. And by sell out I mean the whole friggin stadium. We have every reason to be concerned about massive away support but it willbe hard to get tens of thousands of Canadians, never mind Vancouverites, to buy up most of the best seats this far in advance. 

I can see this selling out. And by sell out I mean the whole friggin stadium. We have every reason to be concerned about massive away support but it willbe hard to get tens of thousands of Canadians, never mind Vancouverites, to buy up most of the best seats this far in advance. 

Lets not get carried away. Yesterday was fantastic, but it is a big step from 20 thousand to 55. I also think this game sold well due to the Whitecaps playoff atmosphere and the soccer buzz around the city. Those will have faded by March and all the media will be talking about then is a Canucks playoff push or failure.

Lets not get carried away. Yesterday was fantastic, but it is a big step from 20 thousand to 55. I also think this game sold well due to the Whitecaps playoff atmosphere and the soccer buzz around the city. Those will have faded by March and all the media will be talking about then is a Canucks playoff push or failure.

They will also be talking about the MLS season opener and the buzz will be back on.

Dude, recruit help. There has to be a few bodies willing to carry a good chunk of the workload, not just in Vancouver, but all over.

?

I am talking about the fact a long weekend close to Seattle maximizes the number of Mexican fans in the stadium.

Archived