CANADA vs Mexico @ BC Place 25th March 2016

canadianfoot

6 hours ago, pint said:

Whatever you need help with Friday I'm willing to pitch in. 

@pint,

On Friday, we still need help with people to be "early birds" (protect the section), capos, flag collectors at the entrances starting at the 86th minute or so, and tear down/clean up in the stadium afterward.  Let me know which of those you would like to help with.

Much Love,

Forever A Team 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Forever A Team said:

Fellow Voyageurs,

Some of this has info in other threads and just general stuff most of you know, but below are some areas the movement could use help with.  As you know, there are many moving parts that go into making our support unified, meaningful, and quality.  Thanks in advance to those who will volunteer to help out with some of this.

There will be a small group in the front of the section that is half 253 and half 254 (which has been referred to as the "Family Section") and the main group of supporters will be in the "Full 90" sections, which are 201-206 (only the 206 half that is with 204 is a part of this). These sections are General Admission, but there are some spaces that will be held for those with various roles in leading parts of the support.

If you got your tickets through the Vs you should have received them by email by now. If you have issues, please send a note to voyageurstickets@gmail.com.

If you would like to help make the support meaningful and quality for this match, please be in touch as there is a need for help in such areas as set up (Thursday from 2-4pm…limited number of people), clean up post match, early birds (we need a few people willing to miss the march to be in the stadium ahead of time to look after various items we'll be using to support), flag collectors (we need approximately 8-10 people to head to the 4-5 entrances at the top of the sections to make sure all the flags and poles stay in the stadium...any help in reminding people that the flags are not gifts, but are meant to be left so that they can be used again at future matches…would be appreciated as well), we need some people to help capo (we want to have 6-8 people passing things on from the main capo stand in front of the drum…one near the front of each section and one further up the section…experience is preferred), and that's probably it. Be in touch if you'd like to help in any of these ways.

Thursday evening there is a Voyageurs/CSA gathering at the St. Regis again. It is from 7:00pm to 10:00pm…followed by a bit of pub crawl. Come and connect with some of those who will be traveling to VanCity for this match.

Friday there is a kick about at Livingstone Park at noon. Please feel free to show up and play a fun match with people of various skills and abilities.

The pre-game gathering will be at Doolin's starting officially around 3pm (feel free to be there earlier). The march will be leaving at 5:45pm.

That's about it for updates. Please be in touch if you have any questions or concerns.

Much Love,

Forever A Team

P.S. My apologies, I have not read every post in this thread above…trying to catch up on some of it now.

I'm available all day on Thursday if you need some help with setup.

1 hour ago, Forever A Team said:

@Sport Shaman,

We have over 100 Canada flags and approximately 20 of each of the provinces and territories.  We are currently sourcing (looking for free poles from local supporters) the final 25-30 poles for those 100 Canada flags.  We can let you know if we have 13 extra, but at the moment we might not.  Also, we will be putting these 300+ flags out during the stadium set up on Thursday afternoon.  The CSA would prefer we were not in the stadium on Friday, until Gates open at 5pm.  So not sure how best to proceed.  I'll be in touch, hopefully later today/tonight, with an update on poles.

Much Love,

Forever A Team 

OK, sounds good. If I bring the flags to the pre-game at Doolin's and we assemble them there, then at least we will have some flags for the portage (march to stadium). I assume that if flags on poles are allowed to be brought into the stadium on Thursday, that we can bring some in with us as we arrive for the game?

BTW, I have found that the best bet for poles is to go to your local Home Depot and get some 1/2 PVC electrical conduit that comes in a 10 foot length and then saw it in half, giving you 2 poles for about $2.50 a piece. If you don't have any there that I can use, maybe I will have to pick some up on Friday morning.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.schedule-40-pvc-conduit--12-in.1000101192.html

2 hours ago, Adam H said:

I'm available all day on Thursday if you need some help with setup.

@Adam H,

Great!  We can use help setting up in the stadium on Thursday.  It is scheduled for 2-4pm.  The CSA may be altering that to 1-3pm, but we'll confirm that if that is the case.  Can you get to BC Place's east airlock tomorrow afternoon?

Much Love,

Forever A Team

1 hour ago, Sport Shaman said:

OK, sounds good. If I bring the flags to the pre-game at Doolin's and we assemble them there, then at least we will have some flags for the portage (march to stadium). I assume that if flags on poles are allowed to be brought into the stadium on Thursday, that we can bring some in with us as we arrive for the game?

BTW, I have found that the best bet for poles is to go to your local Home Depot and get some 1/2 PVC electrical conduit that comes in a 10 foot length and then saw it in half, giving you 2 poles for about $2.50 a piece. If you don't have any there that I can use, maybe I will have to pick some up on Friday morning.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.schedule-40-pvc-conduit--12-in.1000101192.html

@Sport Shaman,

All sounds good.  Will let you know if we have any poles.  We usually do want you suggest for poles.  Others have found even cheaper measures.  Having some flags for the march would be nice.  The giant Vs flag is hoping to be on the march, too.

Much Love,

Forever A Team

8 minutes ago, Forever A Team said:

@Adam H,

Great!  We can use help setting up in the stadium on Thursday.  It is scheduled for 2-4pm.  The CSA may be altering that to 1-3pm, but we'll confirm that if that is the case.  Can you get to BC Place's east airlock tomorrow afternoon?

Much Love,

Forever A Team

Sure can. Keep me updated on the time.

6 hours ago, Forever A Team said:

@pint,

On Friday, we still need help with people to be "early birds" (protect the section), capos, flag collectors at the entrances starting at the 86th minute or so, and tear down/clean up in the stadium afterward.  Let me know which of those you would like to help with.

Much Love,

Forever A Team 

Let me check with the guys once we get to van tomorrow night. Likely in to help clean up post game. 

Archived