CANADA vs Mexico @ BC Place 25th March 2016

canadianfoot

On 12/4/2015 at 11:41 AM, BrennanFan said:

200 garbage bags full of red confetti dumped from the upper levels as the players walk out of the tunnel.  Simple.  Extremely effective.

Make it happen Vancouver Vs!  

YESSSS. I bring confetti to quite a lot of TFC games, especially away games (columbus and montreal away trips this year) and I am huge advocate of this. Cheapest easiest tifo to orchestrate. We brought garbgae bags full into crew stadium although security didn't let us bring all of it in. All it takes is a lot of people doing a tiny amount of work each to make it happen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szj5lEiVqUc

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, hamiltonfan said:

Off Topic - but why haven't we done this? so simple, yet effective. Lets make this happen gents!

I have tried at BMO before from second deck but was stopped by security. The key is either to get permission from canada soccer or instead of bringing in a bunch of garbage bags full of confetti, you need a crap load of people, 100 or so to bring in a grocery bag size of confetti each. The garbage bags scare em. 

5 hours ago, admin said:

Dumping confetti on the players in/coming out of the tunnel is totally off limits.

Players themselves have asked this NOT to happen.

Not on the players.  from the second level down to the first level where the Voyageurs section is.  

We can do it at the end of O Canada to ensure no paper gets on the players (probably the best time anyway).

1 minute ago, BrennanFan said:

Not on the players.  from the second level down to the first level where the Voyageurs section is.  

That is not what was suggested.

But yeah, that would be cool.  We are checking to see what we can do.

1 minute ago, admin said:

That is not what was suggested.

But yeah, that would be cool.  We are checking to see what we can do.

If we want to think big, we could do this completely around the entire stadium.  Three people with a garbage bag each per section in the upper level dumping at the same time at the end of O Canada.  This would be so EPIC...  

2 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

If we want to think big, we could do this completely around the entire stadium.  Three people with a garbage bag each per section in the upper level dumping at the same time at the end of O Canada.  This would be so EPIC...  

Yes, some combination of various things like this is in the works.

But this is a FIFA game, we need permission to do this from the top or we end up like Gold Cup with with $3000 of flags in garbage cans cause security are fucking assholes.

We had permission for that from the venue manager.

The BC Place people are like fucking gods in comparison.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Yes, some combination of various things like this is in the works.

But this is a FIFA game, we need permission to do this from the top or we end up like Gold Cup with with $3000 of flags in garbage cans cause security are fucking assholes.

We had permission for that from the venue manager.

The BC Place people are like fucking gods in comparison.

Fuckin security at BMO makes me sick and to think they have actually been decent this past season. If i fly to BC for game, I will volunteer to help with confetti(set up and execution)

4 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Is there any way we could get banners made that match the tarps that cover (I mean identical in size to) the upper sections of BC place? Then when the players come out, the new banners slide out to cover the tarps with a ring of Canada images. That would be pretty amazing.

Well... if you know of any armored trucks we can rob....

It's also possible the upper deck will be open.  No guarantee yet, but it's certainly possible.

1 hour ago, RPSalad said:

Does anyone know if the Mexican fans are restricted to their section? or are they allowed to sit anywhere they want (excluding the voyageurs section)? Thanks

Right now with the pre-sale they are restricted to their section, but i assume once general ticket sales start they'll be able to buy anywhere outside the V's section.

Archived