CANADA vs Mexico @ BC Place 25th March 2016

canadianfoot

Between today and the Mexico games there are 0(Zero) Official or Friendly Matches dates available. I really, really hope the CSA can make something stick for us.

The next Official Friendlies dates are: may30-june2....

Here is who I would like Canada to play a friendly against AWAY peferably in no particular order:

- Panama

- Costa Rica

- Guatemala

What about you guys?

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between today and the Mexico games there are 0(Zero) Official or Friendly Matches dates available. I really, really hope the CSA can make something stick for us.

The next Official Friendlies datedates are: may30-june2....

Here is who I would like Canada to play a friendly against Away preferably in no particular order:

- Panama

- Costa Rica

- Guatemala

What about you guys?

Wow, you're right. I assumed the Feb. window would be in play next year, but it's not on their calendar. Guess we need to get a January camp for the NA/Scandanavia/German based players. Costa Rica or a good SA side like Chile would be ideal. 

The next Official Friendlies dates are: may30-june2....

Here is who I would like Canada to play a friendly against AWAY peferably in no particular order:

- Panama

- Costa Rica

- Guatemala

What about you guys?

Ecuador annd Venezuela have been useful opponents in the recent past. 

Has the U.S. done anything to limit the amount of Mexican fans at any of their many previous home matches? Especially WCQers. 

Im gonna guess that attendance for a match at B.C. Place against Mexico could be in the range of 32000 to 35000 with approximately 10,000 being Mexican support. 

Yes usually the US plays WCQ home games at a smaller venue and at an MLS Stadium (Columbus) so Crew season ticket holders have first rights to the tickets and they snatch most of them up..if you open up a WCQ to the fan base from Mexico its likely a ton will show up...Mexico travels very very well

Anyone have any idea when this would be made officially official? 

Talked to my brother who lives in SF last night and we are thinking of getting together in van (then maybe SF) for Easter.  

Just don't want to book anything until it is 100%

• 2 weeks later...

Im fine with that. Van city out on a good show vs honduras. I think the goal here should be a 27,500 lower bowl sell out. Pro canada of course. Only open the upper bowl if you sell a ton of tix up there. Opening up the upper bowl to only a few thousand would kill the atmosphere. 

Considered starting a new topic for this but probably better served here: any ETA on when we'll have ticket info for the Voyageurs group buy? CSA has said tix for MEX at BC Place to go out to Dec 8th for previous purchasers, so I assume we'll have something by then? Short window unless plans are already in place (which I'm sure they are).

Considered starting a new topic for this but probably better served here: any ETA on when we'll have ticket info for the Voyageurs group buy? CSA has said tix for MEX at BC Place to go out to Dec 8th for previous purchasers, so I assume we'll have something by then? Short window unless plans are already in place (which I'm sure they are).

There is something already in the works and will be released shortly. Jamie is on it.

The one-week window for previous ticket purchasers to get tickets for this match is pretty smart on the CSA's part (although it would be nice if there was a two-week window). Maybe half the lower bowl will be sold out before we have to worry about 10,000 Mexican fans purchasing tickets.

Maybe the CSA will also somehow restrict Mexican fans to the away section that the Hondurans were in. That would also be wise. Restrict tickets sold to 27,000 and ensure the majority of those are wearing red? Crossing my fingers.

The one-week window for previous ticket purchasers to get tickets for this match is pretty smart on the CSA's part (although it would be nice if there was a two-week window). Maybe half the lower bowl will be sold out before we have to worry about 10,000 Mexican fans purchasing tickets.

Maybe the CSA will also somehow restrict Mexican fans to the away section that the Hondurans were in. That would also be wise. Restrict tickets sold to 27,000 and ensure the majority of those are wearing red? Crossing my fingers.

There will be a Mexican supporters section such as the Honduran one, but numbers will likely make it very different.

Archived