Jayson Leutwiler

KidCanada

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, sstackho said:

Leutwiler hasn't played a minute since he showed up for Canada in January.  

Oldham are relegated.  They are the first club to have played in the Premier League to be relegated out of the entire Football League.  

I wish he would go to MLS or the CPL. He’s a good GK. Vancouver needs a GK hasal  is not ready/good enough. 

Edited by SpecialK

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I wish he would go to MLS or the CPL. He’s a good GK. Vancouver needs a GK hasel is not ready/good enough. 

Wait….Hasal isn’t good enough or isn’t ready to defend a horrible team?

Vanni wasn’t an ambitious signing either. 

He’s not from Canada so I don’t think he will come over (atleast I don’t think him playing for Canada makes it more likely). Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended back up in the lower leagues of Switzerland 

Edited by Atlantic

• 2 months later...

Played ½ a preseason match last week ½ a preseason match today.
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/july/09072022-bamber-bridge-a-psf-report/
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/july/16072022-wigan-h-psf-report/

Reminder that Oldham were relegated and are now in the English 5th tier.
Sadly for him, I think he is unlikely to ever be called up to the #CanMNT again.

7 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Played ½ a preseason match last week ½ a preseason match today.
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/july/09072022-bamber-bridge-a-psf-report/
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/july/16072022-wigan-h-psf-report/

Reminder that Oldham were relegated and are now in the English 5th tier.
Sadly for him, I think he is unlikely to ever be called up to the #CanMNT again.

I didn't realize the Latics had fallen so far. 

Jason went to a Canada camp during qualifying, as our third keeper, when he was starting for Oldham. He immediately lost his starting spot for the rest of the season. They still went down.

Since he showed that dedication to us, and it cost him, the least Canada fans could is recognise that he put Canada first this year, perhaps thinking he had a shot at 3rd keeper in Qatar. Remember, St. Clair lost his starting spot almost all last season. 

Otherwise it seems some are taking potshots at the guy, when he did what we always have asked of Canadian players: show up.

I'm not sure who is taking potshots at him. I think it's mainly just recognition that we've (hopefully) moved on from calling players in the English fifth tier. Which goes to show how big our rise has been over the past decade or two, when we were calling players that couldn't catch on that level. I think it's possible to recognise his commitment but also his club predicament.

On 7/17/2022 at 9:57 AM, The Real Marc said:

I don't think there were a lot of takers for the services of the 1B goalie on the worst team in the EFL. And I don't think Oldham has the money to pay him out.

I mean, at this age, might as well pull a Marcus Haber and go play in Thailand or somewhere nice. Might be a bit nicer than living in suburban Manchester an on NL salary.

7 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

I think it's mainly just recognition that we've (hopefully) moved on from calling players in the English fifth tier.

This.

With a large touch of sadness because as @Unnamed Trialist stated, he has been generous to us and answered that call when needed, even when it put his starting spot on the line.

Reminder: He has never been scored against when repping the 🍁.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

I mean, at this age, might as well pull a Marcus Haber and go play in Thailand or somewhere nice. Might be a bit nicer than living in suburban Manchester an on NL salary.

His long-time girlfriend/ (wife?) is Spanish but is well established in the UK. I don't think he'd be the type to go full journeyman.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Since he came to qualifying camps, and maybe hurt his club situation, he'd have to be next in line, after Pantemis. 

Losing Crepeau means we should bring in another keeper to Bahrain just for training, your 3rd keeper is there for shooting drills and the like. One of Hasal, Breza or Carducci I'd say.

Maybe even Desjardins if they’re looking for a quicker/cheaper/younger option.