Jayson Leutwiler

KidCanada

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Do you think that Blackburn is shopping him for a transfer out?

Or maybe trying to see if he could be their no. 1, at a lower salary than Raya, and get a richer transfer for Raya?

Considering a year ago he was at Shrewsbury, this is a nice step up if he can get minutes.

Raya is still seen as they’re number one for next year but if I remember correctly, the manager wants more competition at the position so I think he wants a good look at Leutwiler to see if he can be that competition or if he has to go look elsewhere. It’s Important to note that Raya is young, came through the academy at Blackburn and was in the League One team of the year when they promoted so even though he struggled this year, they will be patient with him (I think).

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Do you think that Blackburn is shopping him for a transfer out?

Or maybe trying to see if he could be their no. 1, at a lower salary than Raya, and get a richer transfer for Raya?

Considering a year ago he was at Shrewsbury, this is a nice step up if he can get minutes.

His contract is up at the end of this season, so probably the latter

He should go play in the Scottish premiership, he would stand out! Maybe Austrian Bundesliga, or in his native Switzeland. Would love to see him in Ligue 2 as well, He speaks German and French so both are natural fits, in my view until we have a young GK coming through the ranks with active professional minutes, behind Borjan and Crepeau is Leutwiler

Average Salaries in the English Championship are like £4,000 per week, his contract expires June 30. The club has the option not him, for the sake of his own career, he should leave Blackburn and become a starter elsewhere. It all depends what he prioritizes, playing time or financial stability.

Edited by Blackjack15

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lost 2-1 to the Blades.  Shame cup run would have meant more minutes probably.  

Feel like I am the bearer of bad news about Championship players tonight.

First goal he flapped at a corner after his man jump into him.  Needed both a shout and two strong hands.  The ball went to a Blades player and the rest was easy. 

Second goal might have had a touch that took it just beyond him but it was from a shot outside the box and ended in the centre of the net. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 months later...

Judging by this article, Mowbray doesn't rate him and doesn't see him as a potential starter (or being able to step into the role) and actually wanted to bring in another keeper during the summer as a #1 instead of Walton!

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/key-blackburn-figure-makes-significant-transfer-admission-with-january-on-the-horizon/amp/

With the form of Evan Bush declining somewhat in the last year, maybe the Impact should try getting him at the end of the January transfer window. His contract with Blackburn ends in June.

The man really needs regular playing time again.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• 1 month later...

Leutwiler is still glued to the bench for league games but the coach gave him the start in the FA Cup this past weekend. It seemed like he played poorly in their loss to Birmingham City.

Pretty scathing review of his performance in the media here:

http://www.footballleagueworld.co.uk/3-thing-we-learnt-about-blackburn-from-their-fa-cup-defeat-to-birmingham/amp/

Doesn't look like he will want to stay at Blackburn after this season.

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Does anyone know if Millar played in this game? I understand there were several youngsters involved for Liverpool.

I haven't seen the game sheet, but Liam was playing in the CSA FIFA 20 tournament against Jonathan Osorio at the same time as the Liverpool game, so I highly doubt it! 😂

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Leutwiler continues to be stuck to the bench for competitive games.

After today's result, Blackburn Rovers cannot be promoted or relegated so the coach may let him start for the final two matches.

His contract is up after those two final matches and the rumours are that he will not extend it.

Hopefully he ends up somewhere where he will play maybe the Swiss super Lig or back down to league one.

I always find it interesting that in the 3 appearances he made for Canada, all against decent opposition (45 vs South Korea, 45 vs Scotland and 90 vs Jamaica), he never conceded a goal. When he wasn't playing those first two games, the other keeper conceded on both occasions. I know it means nothing due to sample size but thought it was interesting.

On 7/14/2020 at 8:59 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Leutwiler continues to be stuck to the bench for competitive games.

For the two final matches, where the results had no meaning, Leutwiler was on the bench for the first and is not even in the squad today for the second.

It seems pretty clear that he is going to move elsewhere. https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18595996.mowbray-laonee-rovers-search-new-keeper/

He has played very little competitive football over the past three years; best of luck to him and finding a new club.

• 1 month later...