Your 23-Man Roster for Belize series.

Hawkguy

Deserving players always get left of national team calls. Del Bosque did not call Aduriz who just destroyed Barcelona with a hattrick in the Spanish Super Cup, best individual performance against the best club in the world in the past year. And was the leading Spanish scorer in the Liga. But no one is freaking out over it like the TFC supporters here with the hard-on for Osorio, even though Spain is in fact short on strikers and goals from strikers at the moment.

For Osorio for fcks sake, what exactly has been his contribution this year for TFC? He is behind his last year's stats even, he is MORE defensive and more positional from what I have seen. People forget he was pretty well forgettable in his one key start for us, in fact I'd say he was pretty nondescript. Another grey and boring defensive-minded mid of the kind we are a bit sick of in games where we need to score.

And then all these excuses for him, and him whining on the bench when subbed.

You cannot make the whole call-up of 22 players for Belize into a I like Osorio better than Bekker thread. Guess what, I do too. Tough for me, I can handle it.

So screw Osorio and screw Larsun who is just shit-disturbing and should be glad they are not going to miss him, and screw everyone trying to turn the Belize tie into an Osorio love-in.

Wow, I generally agree with and respect your opinion of this fourm, but i'm pretty shocked to read this...

I think CMNT fans are right to be displeased with the exclusion of Osorio and they support all Canadian clubs, not just TFC.

Your comparison with Aduriz is a poor one. Despite his outstanding strike rate with some solid clubs (Valencia, Bilbao, etc), he has only ever had a cup of coffee with Spain at the age of 31. Hard to get upset at his exclusion considering that. Meanwhile, Osorio has 12 caps at the age of 23 and should be involved for the next two cycles at least. Hardly the same situation.

Now, you're right that his offensive production with TFC has dropped off this season, but to call him a defensive midfielder is silly and his improved defensive positioning is a great thing. Nothing wrong with being a two-way player.

While Osorio's exclusion is disappointing, it's not the end of the world. His last Canadian outing was underwhelming but the effort was there and it just was not his day. He'll get his chance again i'm sure.

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we are going to keep at it regarding Bekker who does not deserve to be on this team IMO, he can't start in the MLS and it's pretty obvious why he can't start, he no good but yet this coach picks him over a more deserving player, moreover people really think we have improved under Floro really!

Yes we are going to keep at it regarding Bekker who does not deserve to be on this team IMO, he can't start in the MLS and it's pretty obvious why he can't start, he no good but yet this coach picks him over a more deserving player, moreover people really think we have improved under Floro really!

The reason he doesn't start isn't because he's no good.  I think we all know that Bekker is one of our most technically gifted players, the problem is he doesn't have the fight/mentality to play at MLS/international level.  He is a pretender, always pretending to close players down or make an effort but really he is timid and scared and you can see it, and you can most definitely see it by the way he freaks out after any hard tackle.  

I'd rather have a player described as "unskilled but full of heart" than "technically gifted but timid" on Canada any day of the week.  The teams we are going to face aren't pulling out of tackles for anything so he's going to be a bit of a liability out there and he has to be Beckham with his delivery to make up for it.  

This is clearlY fallout from the Gold Cup sub reaction, much like whatever happened wih Teibert before that. Floro is old school in many ways and is making examples a la Holger and most solid successful managers. Whether you agree with his policy or not is purely personal. This is hardly a tactical decision.

This is clearlY fallout from the Gold Cup sub reaction, much like whatever happened wih Teibert before that. Floro is old school in many ways and is making examples a la Holger and most solid successful managers. Whether you agree with his policy or not is purely personal. This is hardly a tactical decision.

Show emotion. Get cut.

Need to keep a stone cold emotionless vibe like floro gives off.

Show emotion. Get cut.

Need to keep a stone cold emotionless vibe like floro gives off.

Managers have their own styles.  Floro's style happened to get him promotions in back to back years with Albacete and eventually to be manager of the biggest club in the world.  Osorio making a scene after the showing he had on the pitch was a very poor decision.  Imagine if you will:  Brian Sutter goes to coach the Slovenian men's hockey team.. after he pulls a underperforming player (who's played his whole career in the Slovenian league) the guy decides to make a scene.  What do you think would happen?  It's not like Osorio is an established MLS star or even starter, he should know better.  I want him there too but it was ill advised, you don't do that to ANY coach I don't care if it's house league or at the international level.  

Also as I know you're the biggest Occean fan here let me tell you that I really doubt it's Floro's decision to keep him off.  Floro not speaking one word to him is the main hint, he was obviously told this guy was off limits.. if you'll recall during 2012 qualifying it was revealed that Occean assaulted a CSA and FIFA official after his sending off.  The guys is 34 years old and blackballed, let's drop this.  

Ya im over the occean thinng.

Floros accomplishments are impressive. But that was a generation ago.

Others have mentioned his style may be antiquated. The jury is out. Two solid games these next two weeks will do well to dispell those beliefs. Of course the panic will begin again if we drop points at home in the 4th round.

Deserving players always get left of national team calls. Del Bosque did not call Aduriz who just destroyed Barcelona with a hattrick in the Spanish Super Cup, best individual performance against the best club in the world in the past year. And was the leading Spanish scorer in the Liga. But no one is freaking out over it like the TFC supporters here with the hard-on for Osorio, even though Spain is in fact short on strikers and goals from strikers at the moment.

For Osorio for fcks sake, what exactly has been his contribution this year for TFC? He is behind his last year's stats even, he is MORE defensive and more positional from what I have seen. People forget he was pretty well forgettable in his one key start for us, in fact I'd say he was pretty nondescript. Another grey and boring defensive-minded mid of the kind we are a bit sick of in games where we need to score.

And then all these excuses for him, and him whining on the bench when subbed. 

You cannot make the whole call-up of 22 players for Belize into a I like Osorio better than Bekker thread. Guess what, I do too. Tough for me, I can handle it. 

So screw Osorio and screw Larsun who is just shit-disturbing and should be glad they are not going to miss him, and screw everyone trying to turn the Belize tie into an Osorio love-in.

Just wanted to quickly pipe in to say I agree with this.  Not much more to add.  I wish the "like" button worked for me.

Wow, I generally agree with and respect your opinion of this fourm, but i'm pretty shocked to read this...

I think CMNT fans are right to be displeased with the exclusion of Osorio and they support all Canadian clubs, not just TFC.

Your comparison with Aduriz is a poor one. Despite his outstanding strike rate with some solid clubs (Valencia, Bilbao, etc), he has only ever had a cup of coffee with Spain at the age of 31. Hard to get upset at his exclusion considering that. Meanwhile, Osorio has 12 caps at the age of 23 and should be involved for the next two cycles at least. Hardly the same situation.

Now, you're right that his offensive production with TFC has dropped off this season, but to call him a defensive midfielder is silly and his improved defensive positioning is a great thing. Nothing wrong with being a two-way player.

While Osorio's exclusion is disappointing, it's not the end of the world. His last Canadian outing was underwhelming but the effort was there and it just was not his day. He'll get his chance again i'm sure.

No, you are right of course. Every player selection can be argued about and it is a sign of maturity our press and fans actually worry about such things. It was worse before when we had no one in the press even able to ask the basic questions. 

What I don't get is how out of proportion the debate is, when you are playing Belize, where you really cannot prove anything. You have to have a lock-tight defensive performance and score a few goals, then think about semis, where it'll be a bitch and you do have to take every game like life or death. But not now, and not when it comes down to basically three players of a group of 22 (or four). Bekker should not be there, Osorio deserves to be. it would be nice to have Occean. Plus, for me, for set piece service based on the Costa Rica game, Tissot, who did some great things IMO. That is it, nothing more. None of that makes or breaks the Belize tie, it is irrelevant, because if you execute right you get to the next round easily.

Anyways, you can't prove a thing with Occean, if he scores it proves he can score against weak sides, like 2nd or third tier Norway, so big deal. No one would be able to say, "See, he is our best bet". Same if Larin and Ricketts and Haber all score, you can't say "Look they really are good",  because it's Belize and you can prove nothing about player level against them. 

For me the only story at all is if Floro cannot win with the team he has, he should resign. If he wins and we go to semis, then he should stay. And let him decide how to get that done.

@unnamed trialist you clearly havent been watching TFC this year, Osorio has been a fantastic LM for most of the year and very dynamic going forward.

Less shots on goal, less goals, less assists, more fouls. And on top of that, with the strikers TFC has, you don't need your mids to go forward so maybe that is a good thing, a more defensive minded player. Saying he is fantastic going forward is a total exaggeration and suggests you are not grasping what TFC is going right this year, which does not fundamentally involve mids getting into the attacking mix. Or wrong, which is defensive chaos and poor team play without the ball.

De Jong is on point with his set pieces, much better than KB... or do I just have my Voyageurs lens on?

I agree De Jong puts in very dangerous set pieces from free kicks and corners. When he arrived at Kansas the fans reacted that De Jong's set pieces were fantastic but he was a liability on the defensive end, so I do not think it is a Voyageurs lens.

Am I the only one surprised by Henry's exclusion?

Maybe it has something to do with him looking for a good loan spell in the Championship. If he injured himself playing for Canada he might find himself without playing time for the first half of the season.

I love how out of hand these thoughts on "why and why not" players got called or not! Anger just builds on these boards and I think people start believing their own "theories". Bottom line is until it comes out of floros mouth that he rates Bekker over Osorio it's pure ridiculous speculation. I am sure there is some tactical reason why he called bekker in and not oso, or why ocean wasn't and quite frankly he doesn't have to disclose that to us. And if it comes out in the wash there was no legit reason, oh well, he's in charge! Why is this board constantly focused on the negatives and who wasn't called and try and get excited for the players that did. I am sure someone will disagree with this, but I guess that's on par for the course

I love how out of hand these thoughts on "why and why not" players got called or not! Anger just builds on these boards and I think people start believing their own "theories". Bottom line is until it comes out of floros mouth that he rates Bekker over Osorio it's pure ridiculous speculation. I am sure there is some tactical reason why he called bekker in and not oso, or why ocean wasn't and quite frankly he doesn't have to disclose that to us. And if it comes out in the wash there was no legit reason, oh well, he's in charge! Why is this board constantly focused on the negatives and who wasn't called and try and get excited for the players that did. I am sure someone will disagree with this, but I guess that's on par for the course

raw raw raw go team!

(Am i doing this right)

Archived