Scott Arfield

25 minutes ago, narduch said:

Arfield not in the line up today for Rangers.

Can we even call him if he doesn't play?

They were featuring him in an interview a couple days ago, so something just came up?

https://www.rangers.co.uk/video/video-exclusive-scott-arfield-interview-for-subscribers/5jduL4bAbyWOk7tOQsynpl

Edit:

Some of it not behind a paywall:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19480895.scott-arfield-parks-55-memories-rangers-focus-future-success/

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

8 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I checked a few of their bigger friendlies and he would come on a sub.

On 7/31/2021 at 6:46 AM, SpecialK said:

Personally I believe he’s already back. The one soccer crew were using his name as a player missing from the group like he’s coming back. He was named to the 60 player list. Also he did say in one interview saying it’s up the manager after that whole gerrard thing. I think he was pissed about playing against shop keepers and getting hurt and he needed a break. For me Herdman needed and maybe still does to learn about player management. I feel sometimes his women’s team mentality hurts him with this. Throughout nations league he called top guys against crappy teams when it wasn’t necessary. Same with early WCQ. The men’s game is very different than women’s. Men play a ton more games and the club football is where they make their money not the national team. Arfield also had a baby my understanding.  

Seek help. 🙄

21 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Maybe you should follow Canadian football more. 

What does your unhealthy obsession with tearing down a man you've never met have to do with how much I follow Canadian football? And since you're wondering, I follow Canadian football plenty.

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just insulting people without a single argument may get a few lemming likes, but he's right. 

Insulting? I'm genuinely concerned about the guy. He's displayed an irrational hatred for a man for a long time, then last week, when for a brief moment he couldn't say anything bad about Herdman, he blew a gasket over Gareth Wheeler. I think he really needs to seek professional help, because there's clearly something deeper going on there. 

On 8/6/2021 at 6:27 AM, SpecialK said:

Maybe you should follow Canadian football more. 

I'm probably the biggest Canadian football fan there is, in fact we have a dedicated thread for it here.  There are many of us who are fans of both Canadian football and soccer.  There were some people trolling the thread after the Argos moved to BMO but that was just because they wanted to see the CFL die hoping it would raise the profile of MLS.  But most Vs are intelligent enough to know both can co exist without issue.

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Will face Kairat Almaty (KAZ) vs Alashkert (ARM) in the Europa League Playoff Round.  Those teams finish their tie Thursday.

The team has shut off twice for five mins in two games to cause this. 
Rangers conceding at home last year wasn’t often in league play, but Europe has been a different story. 

2 hours ago, jordan said:

The team has shut off twice for five mins in two games to cause this. 
Rangers conceding at home last year wasn’t often in league play, but Europe has been a different story. 

They just underestimated Slavia Prague in Europe last season and probably should have done better. In both legs it seemed they were thinking they'd eventually break the rival down. There wasn't the urgency, they were just managing things. I was surprised by Slavia too to be honest.

First leg Scottie started, the next he subbed in 2nd half, or maybe it was the reverse of that, going on memory. If Arfield was playing Europa League in March no one can say his level is not there for Canada, he was one of the few Canadians still in Europe.

4 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Will face Kairat Almaty (KAZ) vs Alashkert (ARM) in the Europa League Playoff Round.  Those teams finish their tie Thursday.

Edit: To be clear they face the winner. 

Meant to quote this one for the above comment. Tough night. 

49 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

They dominate the Scottish league but once they play a team of a bit of notoriety out they go . I think if Arfield decides not to play for Canada again we will be fine . We have the players even without Arfield to qualify to Qatar no excuses.

You can replace Scottish League with Serbian Super League and Arfield with Borjan and this statement would still be accurate.

Well the first part anyway. lol

59 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

They dominate the Scottish league but once they play a team of a bit of notoriety out they go . I think if Arfield decides not to play for Canada again we will be fine . We have the players even without Arfield to qualify to Qatar no excuses.

That's just not true though. Last season they beat Galatasaray, Benfica and Standard Liege.. then beat Royal Antwerp in the knockouts. The year before they beat Midtjylland, Legia Warsaw, Porto, Young Boys and Feyenoord. Those are some pretty decent teams. 

Teams get knocked out. Leicester City plays in the EPL and lost to Slavia Prague as well last season. There are a ton of "good" clubs in Europe that can knock each other out on any given day. 

At the end of day, our beloved Canadian team is a better squad with Arfield in the 23. This WQC will NOT be a cake walk. Costco Rica is going to add more weapons, the USA will bring their full squad, Jamaica has holes and they’re all over the place but they are super talented and GOD knows who they are gonna call up. Do you think Mexico is not gonna come in wanting show they are still top dogs ?  We are gonna see CONCACAF best. We need our best ! Arfield and Hutch are upgrades and we will see them. 

Edited by SpecialK

28 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

At the end of day, our beloved Canadian team is a better squad with Arfield in the 23. This WQC will NOT be a cake walk. Costco Rica is going to add more weapons, the USA will bring their full squad, Jamaica has holes and they’re all over the place but they are super talented and GOD knows who they are gonna call up. Do you think Mexico is not gonna come in wanting show they are still top dogs ?  We are gonna see CONCACAF best. We need our best ! Arfield and Hutch are upgrades and we will see them. 

I don't about about Arfield but at 38/39 Hutch is an upgrade for how long? A game every window, a half every second game.

8 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I don't about about Arfield but at 38/39 Hutch is an upgrade for how long? A game every window, a half every second game.

Herdman said Arfield is back and committed, so He’s back, Hutch is still playing at a high level in Turkey, he played amazing last season. Who cares about the future !!! We need to care about the now !!! we need to Qualify for 2022. Hutch and Arfield are top Canadian midfielders and both are better than options then Fraser, Piette and Wotherspoon( who I really like).