Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't go that far. He is good, no doubt about it, but as with almost all young players needs to be more consistent. Especially as a defender you need to be consistent. Midfielders can sort of get away with the defenders backing them up but if you mess up on defence it usually results in a chance on goal.

He made one glaring mistake and then grabbed the jersey but in that position it was more like giving up a corner kick. Not great but better than letting the player rush and attack the box. Grabbing the player in that situation was actually the better option. Aside from that a solid game for him.

I think he's probably right. Being a better LB than Ashtone Morgan isn't a very high bar to clear any longer.

I think he's probably right. Being a better LB than Ashtone Morgan isn't a very high bar to clear any longer.

Not sure why everybody is getting on Ashtone Morgan? He came into the game down one man and put in a strong performance. It was the other LB on the team that caused the loss. I guess now that Henry is not on TFC anymore Canada fans need another Canadian to vent their frustration at.

Russell Teibert 90'

Sam Adekugbe 90'

Jonathan Osorio 46'

Ashtone Morgan 44'

Ethan Finley (Kinda Canadian) 69'

Marcel De Jong 90'

Tesho Akindele (Kinda Canadian) 77'

Kyle Bekker 2'

Steven Vitoria (Kinda Canadian) 90'

Pretty good day for Canadians in MLS.

That's nice to see hoping for more minutes for Bekker though. 

Not sure why everybody is getting on Ashtone Morgan? He came into the game down one man and put in a strong performance. It was the other LB on the team that caused the loss. I guess now that Henry is not on TFC anymore Canada fans need another Canadian to vent their frustration at.

He is an MLS squad player, which is fine. There is nothing wrong with that. I think Adekugbe has a chance to be a decent starter in this league. Many think that ship has sailed for Morgan.

And I was never one to pick on Henry. I thought he was their best defender for most of the past 2 years.

With the injury of Mauro Rosales, does this bring Marco Bustos any closer to see some playing time? Who would be ahead of him. Would he get playing time on the wing?

Nico would be first, given how he played when he subbed in, followed by Russell (with Gersh in the middle). I don't know where Marco is in the pecking order.

Is Teibert still in Robbo's plans as a winger? Has he played there under him? I've only ever seen him in the middle recently.

He has played left, right and center in Robbo's time as head coach. His versatility is a huge advantage over some of the other players like Gersh who I rate higher at center mid but don't want to see on the wing again. 

He has played left, right and center in Robbo's time as head coach. His versatility is a huge advantage over some of the other players like Gersh who I rate higher at center mid but don't want to see on the wing again. 

I know Floro likes Teibert on the wing. I like the switch him and Osorio have with club and country. RB plays middle for club and wide for country while Oso plays wide for club and middle for country.

Although I think Floro might move Oso out wide.

Although I think Floro might move Oso out wide.

Ye I think Oso out wide would be more beneficial to our current team. I think we have a solid central mid pair in Hutchinson and if he recovers well Will Johnson. Potentially Oso could play centre attacking midfield if Floro decides to go 4-2-3-1.

Nico would be first, given how he played when he subbed in, followed by Russell (with Gersh in the middle). I don't know where Marco is in the pecking order.

The cynic in me says he's rated only just slightly ahead of Alderson, making him a mere sliver ahead, at least in terms of earning 2015 MLS minutes, of the likes of Farmer, Clarke, Marc Weber, and masster.

hey guys new poster here!

Now that jdg is out of the woods and actually on trial with an mls team, was wondering if someone had any news on de rosario. Is the champ really retired? 

Obviously being 36 his choices are limited, but he must have some options. Currently he seems to be the only one that's able to put the ball in the back of the net for Canada

Oh and good luck to Julian at Columbus!  we need as many canadians playing as possible to enjoy a good gold cup and world cup qualifing

hey guys new poster here!

Now that jdg is out of the woods and actually on trial with an mls team, was wondering if someone had any news on de rosario. Is the champ really retired? 

Obviously being 36 his choices are limited, but he must have some options. Currently he seems to be the only one that's able to put the ball in the back of the net for Canada

Oh and good luck to Julian at Columbus!  we need as many canadians playing as possible to enjoy a good gold cup and world cup qualifing

He gave an interview with Sportsnet on Defoe and the way they were talking at the end of the interview made it sound like he's done with club football. Is he done with soccer? I don't know. We'll know for sure if he stops playing for Canada.

Archived