Canadians in MLS (2015 Season)

baulderdash77

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too surprised - it looked like (a) he didn't make any contact with the studs and (B) he didn't go in with full power, meaning that Klestjan had all day to avoid the challenge. His non-freak out reaction when he got the red may have even have helped.

I wonder what Simon "everything must be a red" Borg on mlssoccer.com will make of this.

All 3 were really nice finishes too.  The 3rd goal was a real beauty.  He's one of the best bargains in MLS this year and the sure fire rookie of the year.  As of now he has the best strike rate in MLS

Pirlo is showing he's not done in this game.  He looked really slick.  I was watching the game with my daughter and she really liked this game.  She's only 10 years old and cheers vocally against any NY team in any sport which makes me happy.  Her 2nd favorite team is Orlando because Disney and she actually knows who Cyle Larin is.

Larin's strength seems to be a knack for shooting quickly, or quicker than defenders might expect. It looks like he's in the middle of adjusting himself to take a shot and then whoosh, it's in the back of the net before his adjustment is finished. I don't know that we've had this natural of a finisher since DeRo (who started his pro career back in the late 90's, that's how long its been).

Pirlo is showing he's not done in this game.  He looked really slick.  I was watching the game with my daughter and she really liked this game.  She's only 10 years old and cheers vocally against any NY team in any sport which makes me happy.  Her 2nd favorite team is Orlando because Disney and she actually knows who Cyle Larin is.

At the risk of derailing this thread, I'm interested in seeing what Pirlo does when he plays on an adult-sized pitch.

Larin's first and third goals were absolute class.  His hold up play is great as well and honestly he had one in the first half called back for a foul that I'm not sure about after watching the replay, Larin was letting the ref know it was the wrong call too and he's a pretty quiet guy toward refs.  

He has a very quick release for a big guy, it's shocking to defenders.

He's a very special player and at this rate he won't be at Orlando long.  When you lose a match 5-3 in a game where Pirlo debuts and David Villa scores two goals and everyone is talking about a 20 year old Canadian kid, ya that's pretty special.  I even see NYCFC fans going crazy in comment sections over his play.

After watching Larin in this match I think it's safe to say he has a fairly high ceiling. He's got such a quick release and is a natural finisher (in MLS), he also did a good job winning/bringing down long balls from the back. With more experience he'll be better with his runs and be more of a handful for defenders than he already is.

Just curious, has he scored any headers off set pieces this season?

Osorio scores too in a losing cause, 3-1 for NE.

Edit: Osorio played 90 minutes and Chapman played the 2nd half. He came in for Giovinco, Vanney probably wanted to give him some rest since TFC plays next Wednesday and Saturday and was losing 2-0 at HT with 10 men.

Mannella was on the bench and Morgan wasn't in the squad because of injury.

Larin is on a roll. Ties the rookie scoring record with how many games to go? Wow. Nice feeds to him from his team mates but great finish. Almost had another hat trick.

I know it is a long shot as he is 4 goals behind the leader but at the rate he's going who knows? Has a rookie ever won the golden boot?

Russ comes in as a late sub for 8 minutes. Since Russ went for international duty Gersh seems to have solidified his #2 DM role alongside Laba. I expect Russ to start the CCL game Wednesday. Lots of games this month so I'm hoping Sam makes his return Wed as well and Kianz, Clarke, Bustos make the game day 18.

One Canadian starter between the 3 Canadian teams today. Disappointing, but not surprising.

It's not Vanney's fault that Morgan is injured. Chapman plays 45 and Manella is really close to making his debut, but the scoreline isn't exactly helping (nor is that ridiculous foul by Altindore). 

It's not Vanney's fault that Morgan is injured. Chapman plays 45 and Manella is really close to making his debut, but the scoreline isn't exactly helping (nor is that ridiculous foul by Altindore). 

What a simplistic and conformist way to put things in perspective, but let's continue with the reasoning above. Which sentence makes sense, let's say Morgan wasn't injured and started yesterday match:

Two Canadian starters between the 3 Canadian teams today. Impressive.

Or

Two Canadian starters between the 3 Canadian teams today. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Archived