Canadians in MLS (2014 Season)

mulliganl

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gagnon-Lapare got on for the Impact for 28 minutes last night.  Big congratulations to that young man.  Bernier also went 90, and Issey went 65 before pulling a straight red card due to a studs up challenge.  Ouimette and Tissot stayed on the bench for this one.  

Very happy to see this guy make his professional debut. By my count that is 5 Canadian's who have made MLS apperances this season. Good job impact.

Next, I would like to see Alderson and Clarke get some minutes, and Forese sign a home grown contract. That would make me a happy boy.

Wasn't someone supposed to message Finley and ask him if he "feels Canadian" or something?  Not that you can ever get anything but an absolutely ambiguous answer when you ask that, but I'm not sure Finley has any interest whatsoever in us.  I'm sure someone can post an article or a conversation that states otherwise?

Wasn't someone supposed to message Finley and ask him if he "feels Canadian" or something?  Not that you can ever get anything but an absolutely ambiguous answer when you ask that, but I'm not sure Finley has any interest whatsoever in us.  I'm sure someone can post an article or a conversation that states otherwise?

I thought someone did. Finlay still needs to complete some paperwork to get Canadian citizenship or passport.

Maxim Tissot scored for L'Impact against the Timbers. He was playing left wing! has he played there before? I thought he was only a defender. Maybe he can get more looks by being a flexible player. Will Johnson also got a goal on a PK in this game.

Maxim Tissot scored for L'Impact against the Timbers. He was playing left wing! has he played there before? I thought he was only a defender.

Yes, I would have to guess from memory that he has played more games during the past 10 months at left mid then left back.

Maxim Tissot scored for L'Impact against the Timbers. He was playing left wing! has he played there before? I thought he was only a defender. Maybe he can get more looks by being a flexible player. Will Johnson also got a goal on a PK in this game.

He has. I'm beginning to rate him higher than our other young Canadians.

He looked good against Portland.  For me at the moment he's in the same category as Ashtone Morgan and he should be earning caps and call-ups soon, I'd like to see more he looks like a good athlete but obviously needs to grow into a pro. 

He looked good against Portland.  For me at the moment he's in the same category as Ashtone Morgan and he should be earning caps and call-ups soon, I'd like to see more he looks like a good athlete but obviously needs to grow into a pro. 

Even as a TFC fan, I gotta say that I rate Tissot above Morgan right now. He is getting more games and he certainly deserves to get called into camp in September. 

That's the thing .... in America we have "journalists" who do things like that. We finally got an article on Akindele's interest. It would be nice to know Finlay's. OTOH, Finlay is starting to get noticed by US fans. 

Akindele's interest hey? go on?

Teibert comes on as a sub for 35 minutes in our 0-0 draw against the Fire. He was one of the few bright spots tonight. After the game Sunday, travel and hot, humid conditions in Chicago I'm thinking Robbo wishes he didn't start the same 11. Should have had Teibert, Salgado & NRC in at the start to give some rest to players. Bad decision by the coach IMHO. Very tired team out there today for us. 

Congrats to Anthony Jackson Hamel on his pro debut.  Played the last 20 min or so for the Impact and looked their only threat.  A good save by Bendik denied him a goal on his debut.

Osorio and Henry played 90 for TFC.  Bekker played the last 5-10 minutes.  Bernier went 90 for the Impact.

Congrats to Anthony Jackson Hamel on his pro debut.  Played the last 20 min or so for the Impact and looked their only threat.  A good save by Bendik denied him a goal on his debut.

Osorio and Henry played 90 for TFC.  Bekker played the last 5-10 minutes.  Bernier went 90 for the Impact.

Our team is bad, that can not be denied. However, why the hell did we sign/play the Uruguayan 2nd division guy (cup of coffee for 3 months in the 1st division) when we have a guy like Jackson Hamel in the academy? When Gonzalez played for us he hardly touched the ball and looked like he should be playing 2 divisions lower. Jackson Hamel made nice runs, got his head on a few balls, showed himself capable of passing plays with other attackers, managed to move around some of the defenders., etc. He looked better than Di Viao when he was on (though that is maybe not surprising as McInerney also looks better than Di Viao who should be gone next year). We still have to see if he can finish and score at a good rate but a very promising debut for a Canadian striker.

That header by Jackson was great, only matched by a better save ... looking forward to seeing Montreal the rest of the season.  At least Montreal does it the right way.. TFC was playing guys who had no chance of being around instead of young players and prioritizing meaningless league games over Champions League games in terms of squad rotation in previous years. 

I hope Montreal actually does some damage in the CCL and gives their young players time in the league.

I see Rudi took part of my post brutally out of context and posted it to twitter.  Good job lol

That header by Jackson was great, only matched by a better save ... looking forward to seeing Montreal the rest of the season.  At least Montreal does it the right way.. TFC was playing guys who had no chance of being around instead of young players and prioritizing meaningless league games over Champions League games in terms of squad rotation in previous years. 

I hope Montreal actually does some damage in the CCL and gives their young players time in the league.

I see Rudi took part of my post brutally out of context and posted it to twitter.  Good job lol

I even said it was out of context, and explained it as such. Basically I wanted to start a conversation on Twitter.

But yes, I think your statement is insane, especially since no one outside of Klopas has any idea what the Impact are going to when it comes to prioritizing MLS and CCL games. If you thought yesterday was an example of IMFC not "prioritizing meaningless league games over Champions League games in terms of squad rotation," well then I don't know what to tell ya, because that was pretty much Klopas' best XI barring injury.

Right now, Montreal's doing exactly what TFC did a few years ago by signing a ton of academy players to fill the roster on a bad team. Hopefully a few of them can stick when the team gets better, because that will be good for Canadian soccer as a whole.

Archived