Canadians in MLS (2014 Season)

mulliganl

I agree about Tiebert.  That was probably the best game I have seen him play.  He was dominant.

Henry & Osorio went 90 for TFC.  Osorio was okay, Henry looked like he was still feeling the effects of the flu.  Conceded another penalty.  Bekker had a 10 minute mop up in an ugly blow out.

Hopefully Teibert gets a call up for the Jamaica match.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about Tiebert.  That was probably the best game I have seen him play.  He was dominant.

Henry & Osorio went 90 for TFC.  Osorio was okay, Henry looked like he was still feeling the effects of the flu.  Conceded another penalty.  Bekker had a 10 minute mop up in an ugly blow out.

It was one of his best. That is what he needs to do. Every time he's on the field he needs to be the best player at that position. When his performance is being compared to a DP named Laba you know he played great. 

He and Laba worked great together and he got several intercepts and most of his passes were very good except for some early ones to Salgado. Only a few turn overs and his typical work rate. 

In the TFC game I thought Osorio was one of the best players for TFC. Terrific dribbles around the 18 got a couple of free kicks from dangerous positions. 

Tissot with a wonderful pass to start the move for DiVaio's 1-0 winner. He seems to be unable to waste an appearance. If it weren't for the fact that Mapp and Romero are our best players, he would probably have earned a start by now.

Are Montreal playing him mostly midfield now? It seemed originally he would be a defender.

In the 2nd half the whole team looked like they were feeling the effects of the flu. They looked so tired, I can't understand why on earth Nelsen waits until the team is down by 2 or 3 goals in the 2nd half to make some subs.

In the 2nd half the whole team looked like they were feeling the effects of the flu. They looked so tired, I can't understand why on earth Nelsen waits until the team is down by 2 or 3 goals in the 2nd half to make some subs.

It's the sign of a bad manager.  Sit on your hands until something goes wrong, just ignore the warning signs.  Aron Winter and Stephen Hart would do the same thing.

I hope for Akindele even more (because we know that we have Teibert in the program, no slight to him)

Definitely, Akindele needs to be there, even if he still won't be officially cap tied with this friendly.  Most significantly, this is a guy who's earning his call up, not some guy who's never played a pro minute and is simply brought in because of "potential."

Ouimette and Bernier starting for Montreal at FAS. They are already up 2 - 0 after 18'. I was hoping to see Tissot in the starting lineup after his good performances, but him, Jackson-Hamel and Issey are on the bench

Tissot and Issey got into the game as strange subs. 

Tissot got on during the 69th, Jackson-Hamel got on during the 81st, with Bernier, Nakajima-Farran and Ouimette as unused subs in a 4-2 loss at Energy Drinks

Osorio played the full match, Henry got on during the 22nd minute in a 2-2 draw against Chicago with Bekker as a unused sub.

Tissot got on during the 69th, Jackson-Hamel got on during the 81st, with Bernier, Nakajima-Farran and Ouimette as unused subs in a 4-2 loss at Energy Drinks

Osorio played the full match, Henry got on during the 22nd minute in a 2-2 draw against Chicago with Bekker as a unused sub.

DeRo didn't make the bench today.

Still waiting for that supposed MLS breakthrough for our young players. If Montreal gets a brain and upgrades its squad this winter, won't it result in the young Canadians getting frozen out.

Ideally the starting 11 would be upgraded and the Canadians stay on board as reserves (as they are now). As homegrown players are outside of the cap, there's always gonna be an incentive to keep (some of) them on board. 

Btw Teibert and Osorio and Henry are genuine MLS-players by now. That's not a bad score. You have to earn your spot, Canadian or not.

Teibert got the start for Van as a defensive mid, he played the full 90. Sam Adekugbe was on the bench and stayed there. That was his 3rd bench appearance, hope he'll get more minutes next year.

DC took de lead in the east by beating Sporting KC in Kansas (!), they look awfully strong at the moment. Both Attakora and Opare were on the bench for DC. Nana has yet to play a single minute for DC, looks like career is going down. 

Teibert looked good last night again but  without Laba (or Gersh) you could see we really weren't the same in the middle. I'd put Russell above Mehdi in the depth chart for defensive/central midfielder. It was very telling when the subs came on. Russell stayed on and was left alone in front of the back 4. Nice bit of confidence from your coach. 

I agree with shamrock, 3 so far isn't bad at all. Of the 3 (Teibert and Osorio and Henry) I think Osorio has been the best so far this season. 

Teibert looked good last night again but  without Laba (or Gersh) you could see we really weren't the same in the middle. I'd put Russell above Mehdi in the depth chart for defensive/central midfielder. It was very telling when the subs came on. Russell stayed on and was left alone in front of the back 4. Nice bit of confidence from your coach. 

I agree with shamrock, 3 so far isn't bad at all. Of the 3 (Teibert and Osorio and Henry) I think Osorio has been the best so far this season. 

I'm looking forward to seeing all three get the call up for the upcoming friendly vs Jamaica.

Minutes played so far this season:

Johnson 2249

Bernier 1529

Osorio 1430

Henry 1352

Akindele 1233

Tiebert 1104

Ouimette 713

Bekker 674

Issey 609

Tissot 513

Friend 376