Canadians in MLS (2014 Season)

mulliganl

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bernier started and played 80 minutes. Tissot came on during the 63rd minute in a 2-0 home win. Issey, Ouimette were unused subs.

i find Tissot a very interesting player.  He's like one of those wide players you used to see in a 3-5-2 who just pivots into the open space.  

Adekugbe got a sub-appearance (54th minute) , so did Porter btw for DC (85th). Would he still be in their plans for the future? Also, Teibert got another full game for the Caps.

For TFC, Henry made 90 minutes, while Dero got the start and played for about an hour. Bekker also played, he got subbed in before halftime and played fairly well. TFC's game improved after he got in.

For Montreal, Tissot replaced Krol at the 57th minute of the game. Lefevre played 90 minutes but the defense looked horrible again. Interestingly, Gagnon-Lapare was on the bench (next to Jackson-Hamel, just to be complete here).

Akindele played the second half for Dallas, as they lost to R Salt Lake.

Adekugbe got a sub-appearance (54th minute) , so did Porter btw for DC (85th). Would he still be in their plans for the future? Also, Teibert got another full game for the Caps.

For TFC, Henry made 90 minutes, while Dero got the start and played for about an hour. Bekker also played, he got subbed in before halftime and played fairly well. TFC's game improved after he got in.

For Montreal, Tissot replaced Krol at the 57th minute of the game. Lefevre played 90 minutes but the defense looked horrible again. Interestingly, Gagnon-Lapare was on the bench (next to Jackson-Hamel, just to be complete here).

Akindele played the second half for Dallas, as they lost to R Salt Lake.

Looks like Tesho is slowing down, but he did draw the foul that led to FCD's free kick goal. I'm hoping his form dips though, that should hopefully cool off all the Tesho to USMNT talk.

As for Porter, I think they'll keep him around since they're in CCL and playoff bound. They'll need him to put in minutes here and there. They'll probably give him another chance at the beginning of next season. He did have a good debut season after all. Very worried about Attakora's future though... 

Wouldn't mind seeing the 'caps take a flyer on Friend or Porter. Not great options but they need something other than what they have right now and those two should be available for very little. 

Friend turned down the Caps even though they offered more money than the team in Germany. Maybe he has changed his mind now but he is also older and hasn't been seeing a lot of the field for LA so who knows. We already have a big forward in Salgado who can't get off the bench. Our coach seems to prefer fast forwards to pressure the defenders.

On good news side Russell Teibert played the full 90 in our 2-0 win against San Jose and was very effective again. He is starting on the left mid. He and Harvey were working very well together.

I thought Teibert was tremendous yesterday. Seems to look good on the left side of a 4-4-2 diamond

LM or RM is where he is playing best at. His defending has put him ahead of Manneh for starts on the left and he links up great with the fullbacks on either side. Rosales seems to be good for only an hour a game. He puts in a very good hour but that's it. Age is catching up to him. Fernandez has been put up top but is suffering the same scoring drought the rest of the forwards are. He and Russell would be the ones battling for the LM spot if/when Rosales is done.

Russell's ability to play various positions bodes well for his playing time. I loved that Robbo was correcting him when he passed backwards with space in front of him last night "don't be timid, go forward" or something like that.

LM or RM is where he is playing best at. His defending has put him ahead of Manneh for starts on the left and he links up great with the fullbacks on either side. Rosales seems to be good for only an hour a game. He puts in a very good hour but that's it. Age is catching up to him. Fernandez has been put up top but is suffering the same scoring drought the rest of the forwards are. He and Russell would be the ones battling for the LM spot if/when Rosales is done.

Russell's ability to play various positions bodes well for his playing time. I loved that Robbo was correcting him when he passed backwards with space in front of him last night "don't be timid, go forward" or something like that.

Manneh and Fernandez would not be considered to play LM.  They play the wing or up top, but not LM. 

Another 90 minutes for Teibert in the Whitecaps 2-1 loss to Dallas. I did not think he was as influential tonight as he was in the last 2 home games.

82 minutes for Akindele who I was not impressed with tonight.

Yea 3 games in 7 days will do that to anyone, even the energizer bunny of soccer. Akindele had one go off his shin in the 6 yard box that I thought was going to be a goal. Aside from that a very quiet night for him. 

Morgan went 90 for TFC and was OK, but still weak defensively.  A lot of Fire attacks came down his side, especially in the first half.  He is horrible at cutting out crosses.  Bekker went about 80.  I thought he was terrible.  Can't remember one forward pass.  DeRo came on for the last 25 min or so and scored the equalizer.

Morgan went 90 for TFC and was OK, but still weak defensively.  A lot of Fire attacks came down his side, especially in the first half.  He is horrible at cutting out crosses.  Bekker went about 80.  I thought he was terrible.  Can't remember one forward pass.  DeRo came on for the last 25 min or so and scored the equalizer.

They need Osorio back sooner than later to still have a chance at reaching the play-offs.

I think DeRo adds a great spark off the bench and it's dumb that we haven't used him more.  He's not a starter anymore but when he's on the ball he actually has ideas and tries to be dangerous.  We were hopeless before he came on, not switching flanks quick enough and off the ball movement was extremely predictable and easy to defend. 

Henry takes a lot of stick in the media and on this board, but you can see how brutal their defence is without him - even when Caldwell is there.

I thought TFC was more organized with Morrow at CB. That's the thing. Both Henry and Hagglund aren't experienced enough to organize the backline. Caldwell directing Henry makes Henry so much more effective. Without Caldwell (or any other commanding CB), Henry is just a physical CB prone to bonehead mistakes.

I thought TFC was more organized with Morrow at CB. That's the thing. Both Henry and Hagglund aren't experienced enough to organize the backline. Caldwell directing Henry makes Henry so much more effective. Without Caldwell (or any other commanding CB), Henry is just a physical CB prone to bonehead mistakes.

I think there are more possibilities than that.  Caldwell could also be directing the other members of the backline in a way Henry can't, Henry's second defensive partner could be a huge issue, etc... Put a second CM (who isn't a communicator) next to Henry and see what happens.  Haanglund is not exactly flawless.

Updated Minutes after this weekend.  A bunch of our boys have finally been getting some playing time the last few weeks which is nice.

Will Johnson 2429

Doneil Henry 1622

Patrice Bernier  1609

Jonathan Osorio 1537

Russell Teibert  1464

Tesho Akindele 1450

Kyle Bekker 800

Karl Ouimette 744

Issey Nakajima-Farran  638

Maxim Tissot  580

Dwayne DeRosario 406

Rob Friend 376