Canadians in MLS (2014 Season)

mulliganl

Henry and Osorio go the full 90 for TFC in that game, with DeRo coming off the bench for 27min. Morgan and Bekker unused subs.

In Vancouver's 0-0 draw with New England, Russel Tiebert went 67min before being subbed off.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90 minutes for Doneil Henry in TFC's 3-0 loss to RSL. Nakajima-Farran (59th minute), De Rosario (62) and Kyle Bekker (74) all made appearances as substitutes. Season debut for Bekker, I think, and TFC debut for INF.

Sounds like Osorio is out for a few more games at least which does not bode well for the Torontos. A midfield that includes Bloom and Hall is not a winning one.

De Ro played the first half and part of the second. Looked a threat at times, but did not score. Work rate and discipline better than his first stint.

Issey came on for De Ro in the second after the later went down with possible hamstring issues? Issey went on the SCORE! The consolation goal in roughly the 80' or so.

Bekker completed 90' in the centre of midfield. Looked a bit nervous in the first half but but more comfortable in the second. A few nice passes, no fouls. The american comentators described his performance as 'disciplined' and I agree.

Probably because Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver aren't 'abroad'.

(shrugs) I could do it.  Up to say, 3rd tier same as I do for the United States, really only includes 5 teams.  Then it's a simple matter of changing the title of the thread.

Most guys know the 5 Canadian teams and find them easy to follow given the multiple threads, is probably the reason why it's always been an "abroad" thread.  It avoids redundancies and tracks Canadians some might not necessarily know about.

I am no longer fully certain that Kyle Bekker will never amount to much as a player. Two matches don't make a career, but we've already seen more good stuff from him in 2014 than we did in a dozen games worth (NT and TFC) in 2013.

He's nowhere near my starting XI for Canada, but I'd have to start thinking about him as a squad player.

I am no longer fully certain that Kyle Bekker will never amount to much as a player. Two matches don't make a career, but we've already seen more good stuff from him in 2014 than we did in a dozen games worth (NT and TFC) in 2013.

He's nowhere near my starting XI for Canada, but I'd have to start thinking about him as a squad player.

Well, his second free kick miss against Colorado was nothing short of world class. A world class miss, yes, but there are plenty of guys at higher level who fail to hit the net most of the time, let alone the post twice in one game.

There probably isn't many keepers in the world outside of some of the top, top ones, who would have saved the second if it had been about 6 inches in.

You can bet that free kick was noticed by a lot of people around the league.

I was at the TFC game so I can tell you that Bekker certainly looked good.  Issey, not bad, but didn't generate much.  He is really slightly built so he gets knocked off the ball alot in the physical MLS.  He played 90.  Dero played 60 before coming off injured.  He continues to look a shell of his former self.

So Impact fans, how did Ouimette look?

Archived