Canadians in MLS (2014 Season)

mulliganl

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toronto should also part ways with Bekker, but I think he would find another team for at least a year. NASL is his real destiny. 

100% Bekker needs to gtfu. It was a bizarre draft pick from the get go as other teams in the US wanted him and he could have gone about developing outside of the scrutiny that comes with being a Canadian on TFC. From what I've heard there were trade offers this season but TFC are reluctant to let him go and once again be burned with a player becoming a key part of another team. As well, apparently there are some good teams in MLS who still want him - so I don't think NASL is his destiny.

Canadians scored 22 goals in the MLS regular season this year lead by Akindele's 7 and Will Johnson's 6. 

Wouldn't Ethan Finlay with his 1,900 minutes and 11 goals look good to our total this year?

Yea that would make up for Akindele going to the US. Oh well still an impressive list for a start    :)

There's no way that Toronto will get rid of Kyle Bekker.  He became a regular rotation player for them down the stretch playing in 8 of their last 9 games.  When you consider he only made $51k last year (not counting the pro-rated portion of his bonus) he's a real steal for the team.

he played because TFC had no other creative offensive midfielders. Bekker needs to impress very much if he's going to get mins, and you can bet Vanney is chasing at least one, maybe 2 attacking midfielders

• 3 weeks later...

Kyle Porter available on the waiver draft.

Man, I'm confused by the MLS off-season draft system. Porter wasn't taken in last week's waiver draft or in Friday's Stage-1 Re-entry Draft (not sure if he was eligible for that). I see that Nana is listed in the Stage-2 Re-entry Draft pool for this Thursday (December 18th) but Porter isn't listed (see list below). Would anyone know what Kyle's status is?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2014/12/11/mls-releases-list-eligible-players-phase-one-re-entry-draft

Man, I'm confused by the MLS off-season draft system. Porter wasn't taken in last week's waiver draft or in Friday's Stage-1 Re-entry Draft (not sure if he was eligible for that). I see that Nana is listed in the Stage-2 Re-entry Draft pool for this Thursday (December 18th) but Porter isn't listed (see list below). Would anyone know what Kyle's status is?

Kyle was only eligible for the waiver draft. So he's in MLS a "free agent" on a first come first served

That re-entry draft better be removed after this new CBA is set up

Why? While I would love re-entry draft disappearing, I can't see any system tha ta single entity league would agree that would be better than Re-Entry Draft. MLS would need to change a major part of its identity to change to something better.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived