Canadians in MLS (2014 Season)

mulliganl

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and Ethan Finlay, he of the Canadian father, scored again for Columbus Crew against Colorado for a 1-1 draw. That's 4 from a primarily midfielder.

PS: He also had a legitimate assist wrongly waved off on a breakaway. Arrieta, the would-be goal scorer was behind the defender but even with the ball therefore onside. 

Almost had another assist earlier in the game.

Tesho Akindele scores again for FCD vs. Philly. Volley from about 15 or 16. Nice finish.

When are we gonna see this guy called into camp? Is there any indication from the CSA that he's on the radar? We really need some domestic attacking talent. The majority of our strikers in the CMNT pool are outside of NA.

Crossing my fingers we bring him in for the fall friendlies.

Edit: I really should be asking, is there any indication he wants to suit up for us at the full national team level? I see he's played for our U17 team.

Oh for sure. I'd love to see Finlay come in so we can have a look, but I recall reading that he was not interested in representing Caanda. Then again, that could just be my inner-voyageur pessimism subconsciously surfacing! 

Oh for sure. I'd love to see Finlay come in so we can have a look, but I recall reading that he was not interested in representing Caanda. Then again, that could just be my inner-voyageur pessimism subconsciously surfacing! 

Why would he be at this point?  The kid is clearly an American and his trajectory suggests that he may be able to be a USMNT player one day... maybe not a regular but a player nonetheless.  Good for him and respect to him.  Now if he feels snubbed by the USA then we'll gladly take him in.

The way Finlay is playing, he might well get a call to a US camp. He's top 10 right now in goals per 90 minutes. He also plays a position that probably is targeted for upgrade.

That said, he would still have to beat out Zusi. Plus, Yedlin might end up as a right mid. In time, maybe Darlington Nagbe. And the midfield could get glutted in the next few years with what are now teenagers.

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets called to the US January camp. But I would still guess that his eventual home is more likely Canada, if he wants it. 

As far as wanting to play, I think Floro gives Canada a credibility that it did not previously have.

It felt good to post that, didn't it? :)

Yes. Sadly tonight he didn't get on the pitch. A straight red card to our LB threw the usual subs out the window and Dean came on for Fernandez so we would have someone at LB. Didn't work as we still lost. 

With Harvey out for the next game we might get Dean or Adekugbe at LB on Wednesday against you. Sam was injured earlier in the year so I don't know how he is currently. We'll see Wednesday.

Nice work by Osario. Good to see one of us got 3 points. Comebacks are always fun if somewhat nerve racking  :)

Archived