2015 Pan Am Games

masster

Mannella was our best player IMO.  He's just solid and plays his role so well.  

Boakai is amazingly talented but he is raw.  I've always wanted to see him and Aleman in the same lineup, both are so flashy it would be interesting.  

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to advance were going to have to win with panama losing. The goal spread btw the two games needs to be 4 goals. Ex. 2-0, 0-2

Good thing is the Brazil - Panama game is first so we will know exactly what we need to do to advance. Also, Peru has nothing to play for so they may quit or play an open game.

Good thing is the Brazil - Panama game is first so we will know exactly what we need to do to advance. Also, Peru has nothing to play for so they may quit or play an open game.

Hopefully brazil doesnt mail it in either. A tie secures them first place.

Ill admit. Not full matches. Only snippets.

Id just like to hear what the reasoning is for him being one of the few players who havent seen the field.

After teibert barely seeing the field im just trying to grasp what it is about them that prevents them from seeing significant minutes if any.

OK, fair enough.  So, it must at least be a positive for you that Floro Jr seemed to be making substitutions that indicated he was really going all out for a win... which was one of your bones to pick with Floro Sr.  

Tactic for this team needs to be to get the ball into Boakai's feet. Panama had no answer for him, they were terrified everytime he got the ball at his feet but that didn't happen enough - half the time it was passed to him he had to challenge for it in the air..

Costa Rica match v.2 tonight - should have won at home, unlucky not to, but didn't. Hopefully Brazil doesn't take it easy on Panama and their 33 year old central defender playing in a U22 tourney (honestly, what the hell....shouldn't there be some sort of age limit even for the the overage players?)

OK, fair enough. So, it must at least be a positive for you that Floro Jr seemed to be making substitutions that indicated he was really going all out for a win... which was one of your bones to pick with Floro Sr.

Yes that was nice to see. Some chances were created. As a previous poster mentioned id rather have seen aleman over edwards or aparicio.

I hope he sees decent minutes in the last game so we can see what he has to offer.

Good match. Babouli looked tired. Boakai was very good again and I think it's safe to say Farmer > Bouchard at this point in their development. We gave up a lot of corners but play safe and let everyone reset is better than those faulty clearances we did.

Bring on Peru!!!

But if CAM is his best position, a 4-2-3-1 would be much more feasible for him than a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-4-1. I dont know exactly if that is in fact his best position, but if it is, it's a tactical thing.

Well the way Floro seems to play his 4-1-4-1 it is quite defensive and there's no place for anyone who isn't a hard working and tackles hard. Mannella, JGL and LBG is not dissimilar to Straith, Piette and JDG. That said, the way i see a 4-1-4-1 is like a Dutch 4-3-3 but with the wingers less advanced. You have a destroyer in front of the back four to clean up for the two skilled CAMs up front who create offense.

In dire need of a goal... we bring in a jabroni from the USL and leave proven pro goal scorer @kAlemanS on the bench... I just don't get it

Always a fan of using 'jabroni' so I approve.

Well, the retweet is no longer there that I can see.  Maybe he realized it wasn't the best way to get into the lineup... or one of those accidental retweets.

I'm not that excited by Manella. Defensive midfielders are not our problem in Canada. Piette is there, Ben McKendry is waiting in the wings. What we need are exciting offensive players. After watching USL games this year, I have no doubt that Bustos will be an impact CMNT player if he stays with Canada. He attacks in a way that none of our senior players do. I think Hanson has tons of potential, but I can't say he is consistent enough to be a sure thing. He's not far off, but needs a solid pro season first.

I'm not that excited by Manella. Defensive midfielders are not our problem in Canada. Piette is there, Ben McKendry is waiting in the wings. What we need are exciting offensive players. After watching USL games this year, I have no doubt that Bustos will be an impact CMNT player if he stays with Canada. He attacks in a way that none of our senior players do. I think Hanson has tons of potential, but I can't say he is consisted enough to be a sure thing. He's not far off, but needs a solid pro season first.

Creative players have no place with Canada, didn't Floro teach you that?

Hopefully Aleman Osorio and Teibert dont go Cavillani on us.

If Aleman is one of the only players that can't see the field in our U22 B team, I doubt he gets called up to the U23 A Olympic qualifying team. And if that were the case, total BS. Id be pissed if i were him.

You wonder why our country doesn't produce creative attacking players with flare. Because THEY DONT GET A CHANCE TO PLAY AND AREN"T REWARDED.

We all loved Simpson and Dero and complained we needed a spark like that in our full MNT. Now we have a kid who can provide that and is doing that at good level IN CENTRAL AMERICA WHERE WE ALWAyS LOSE. And we bolt him to the bench.

If you dont encourage and reward creativity and attacking flare, instead focusing on shape shape shape, defence defence defence, press press press, thats what type of players you're going to produce.

No wonder we have trouble scoring goals.

Perhaps there's issues we don't see.

Perhaps there's an attitude problem?  After all - should a player be tweeting criticism of selections during the tournament?  (the retweet I see has been deleted).

Its only normal for some frusteration to be shown after being one of the few players to not see the pitch in the first two games. Especially when you are starting regularly at a higher level than those ahead of you. In the heat of the moment when frusterated you do things you regret. And removing that retweet shows once calm he realizes it was inappropriate.

Also Osorio stormed right by Floro not shaking his hand after he was subbed off. Does this mean Oso has an attitude problem and won't see the field anymore?

I really personally think that we need to be giving the creative players a chance.  We absolutely need more goal scorers on every level.  I'm tired of seeing guys that hang back all game for fear of losing defensive shape.  This is very frustrating.

We had a real good time last night, it was nice to see a few out of town V's join us locals, I wish there were more but I suppose there has been a bit of football saturation with all of these live matches in a short period of time! I thought that was a very entertaining match, the only thing missing was a Canada goal, it wasn't for lack of effort! Once we came in to the match play was flowing nicely for us but Panama became real dangerous on the counter! Hopefully more of you can make it out on Monday to cheer our lads on vs Peru!

Especially when you are starting regularly at a higher level than those ahead of you. 

Higher level?  He's not even playing in a fully-professional league.

Also Osorio stormed right by Floro not shaking his hand after he was subbed off. Does this mean Oso has an attitude problem and won't see the field anymore?

I'm not saying that the tweet was evidence of an attitude problem. I'm asking if there was an attitude problem. It would be a lot more than frustration coming off (perhaps Osorio was frustrated about result or performance, not Floro).  I've stormed out of BMO post-match not talking to anyone ... it in itself doesn't mean much.  

Archived