2015 Pan Am Games

masster

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone confirm whether little Florito has in fact gotten a coaching license. If not, it is completely outrageous to have him coaching us, he has zero experience but if he had a bit of accreditation that would be in his favour.

Reading his Twitter account, really hates Barça that's for sure, like his dad. But critical with the ways things are done at Real Madrid.

The only players I highly rate in this age group as can't miss are: Froese, Bustos, Larin, Adekugbe. Hanson has all the tools to if succeed if he finds consistency, Aleman might be good enough but I haven't been able to see him play with Canada (thanks Floro jr.) and Petrasso seems like he will likely have a solid pro career. I can't get excited by any of these TFC or Impact players.

With the rest of the roster for this Pan Am tourney, I just see more of the same as the past. Just not good enough.

The only players I highly rate in this age group as can't miss are: Froese, Bustos, Larin, Adekugbe. Hanson has all the tools to if succeed if he finds consistency, Aleman might be good enough but I haven't been able to see him play with Canada (thanks Floro jr.) I can't get excited by any of these TFC or Impact players.

With the rest of the roster for this Pan Am tourney, I just see more of the same as the past. Just not good enough.

The pan am roster is essentially the olympic B+ team. Id add petarasso carreiro and gaspsratto to list of quality prospects. Remember boakai is only 18

The pan am roster is essentially the olympic B+ team. Id add petarasso carreiro and gaspsratto to list of quality prospects. Remember boakai is only 18

It's not a B team. It's like half the A team. People like to go on about Carriero, but he's been loaned out playing 3rd division soccer in Scotland. Gasparatto is still confined to youth games for his 2nd div Scottish side. In the u20 tourney, I didn't see a reason to be impressed by him.

If I hear one more fan say they're impressed by aJeremy Gagnon-Lapiere or some other dime a dozen unremarkable back passing defensive midfielder, I will lose it.

Id add petarasso carreiro and gaspsratto to list of quality prospects. Remember boakai is only 18

I would add Petrasso as well as Henry and Aird.

The only one on TFC/ Montreal that might be quality is Hamilton. The rest of these guys aren't international quality IMO.

It's not a B team. It's like half the A team. People like to go on about Carriero, but he's been loaned out playing 3rd division soccer in Scotland. Gasparatto is still confined to youth games for his 2nd div Scottish side. In the u20 tourney, I didn't see a reason to be impressed by him.

If I hear one more fan say they're impressed by aJeremy Gagnon-Lapiere or some other dime a dozen unremarkable back passing defensive midfielder, I will lose it.

Lmao point exactly. Its half the A team. Half the b team. Hence the b plus team.

Yes, I would add those as well as Henry and Aird.

The only one on TFC/ Montreal that might be quality is Hamilton. The rest of these guys aren't international quality IMO.

Shouldn't serious questions be asked of their academies? If I was an owner there, I'd want to know after watching these games. Especially after I see some of Vancouver's prospects breaking into the first team.

The only players I highly rate in this age group as can't miss are: Froese, Bustos, Larin, Adekugbe. Hanson has all the tools to if succeed if he finds consistency, Aleman might be good enough but I haven't been able to see him play with Canada (thanks Floro jr.) and Petrasso seems like he will likely have a solid pro career. I can't get excited by any of these TFC or Impact players.

This year has been a bit of a wake-up call for the TFC and Montreal clubs for sure looking at this tournament and the USL results. A lot of players who dominated in places like L10, PLSQ and the CIS but are getting exposed at a higer level of competition. Even with some of the cream like Henry and Petrasso being skimmed you would think these major metros would be producing more players who could look competent at this level.

This year has been a bit of a wake-up call for the TFC and Montreal clubs for sure looking at this tournament and the USL results. A lot of players who dominated in places like L10, PLSQ and the CIS but are getting exposed at a higer level of competition. Even with some of the cream like Henry and Petrasso being skimmed you would think these major metros would be producing more players who could look competent at this level.

I still can't over the preference for constant back peddling and back passes. No one besides Hanson takes the ball and wants to be dynamic in making things happen moving forward. The mind frame of these kids is just all wrong.

I still can't over the preference for constant back peddling and back passes. No one besides Hanson takes the ball and wants to be dynamic in making things happen moving forward. The mind frame of these kids is just all wrong.

Probably because thats what the coach has driven into their heads. Defence first and holding shape. Probably why aleman is on the bench.

I find it hard to believe if aleman was on costa rica u22 b plus team that he wouldnt see a single minute in 2 and a half games played. Are we a better u22 side than costa rica.... Ya thats it

Probably because thats what the coach has driven into their heads. Defence first and holding shape. Probably why aleman is on the bench.

I don't think so. It may explain part of it, but i think that is the mentality for a lot of these players all the time.

ADAM BOUCHARD HERE TO SAVE THE DAY.

ONE SUB LEFT IN THE TOURNAMENT. NO ALEMAN TO BE SEEN

Can we not at least cheer for the Canadians on the pitch.  If you want to have a go at the coach, fair enough, but belittling one Canadian player who gets on the pitch for the sake of one who doesn't is very unfair to them... and not the quality Canadian fans should be proud of.

Can we not at least cheer for the Canadians on the pitch. If you want to have a go at the coach, fair enough, but belittling one Canadian player who gets on the pitch for the sake of one who doesn't is very unfair to them... and not the quality Canadian fans should be proud of.

Im not belittling him. The whole team has looked out of sorts today. Nobody would save the day. Not even aleman

And pro soccer isnt fair. This isnt a hold hands love circle. But i do support all the players regardless. At this level they should be able to handle criticism from a half sarcastic post on a forum

Archived