2015 Pan Am Games

masster

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact he does it in a league against grown men with more skill than these panama boys

Are you (and others) calling for Aleman to play based on logic of league played in and stats?  Admittedly I liked what I saw of him in the U17 Canada team but that was the last time I really saw him play.  I will happily defer judgement to anyone who has actually watched him regularly... as I'm sure the coaching staff have.  It's not like the subs they have made in this match have been anything but offensive in nature so surely that can't be a complaint.

Are you (and others) calling for Aleman to play based on logic of league played in and stats? Admittedly I liked what I saw of him in the U17 Canada team but that was the last time I really saw him play. I will happily defer judgement to anyone who has actually watched him regularly... as I'm sure the coaching staff have. It's not like the subs they have made in this match have been anything but offensive in nature so surely that can't be a complaint.

Based on Watching video of his games this past yr in costa rica

Regarding Aleman, you'd have to go to the training sessions for the CanM23 to conclusively say something about whether he should be playing or not.

But if CAM is his best position, a 4-2-3-1 would be much more feasible for him than a 4-3-3 or a 4-1-4-1. I dont know exactly if that is in fact his best position, but if it is, it's a tactical thing.

Based on Watching video of his games this past yr in costa rica

Really?  Highlights or full matches?  Because there is a big difference.  And how many?  I would honestly like to see these videos, where can I find them?  I really hoped he would come on to see if he is as much a difference maker as some feel.  To be fair, the subs that did come on really did well aside from Clarke's finishing on a couple of occasions... but he is Canadian after all.

Boakai is the only guy on this squad I can see being a difference maker on the Sr. team

A lot can change for a player from 19/20 years old to 23/24... both ways.  Hopefully Boakai keeps progressing and a few of the others make big strides in their professional careers.

Really? Highlights or full matches? Because there is a big difference. And how many? I would honestly like to see these videos, where can I find them? I really hoped he would come on to see if he is as much a difference maker as some feel. To be fair, the subs that did come on really did well aside from Clarke's finishing on a couple of occasions... but he is Canadian after all.

Ill admit. Not full matches. Only snippets.

Id just like to hear what the reasoning is for him being one of the few players who havent seen the field.

After teibert barely seeing the field im just trying to grasp what it is about these players that prevents them from seeing significant minutes if any.

A lot can change for a player from 19/20 years old to 23/24... both ways.  Hopefully Boakai keeps progressing and a few of the others make big strides in their professional careers.

For sure, I just don't see any other high-level talents other than Boakai (especially given he is only 18).

There is some solid skill elsewhere, but nothing that I'm too excited about

Regarding Teibert or Aleman, it could be defensive issues, or fitness issues, or discipline issues, or for Teibert's case, wanting to perhaps keep him as an impact sub. I'm just guessing as to possible reasons.

I wanted Teibert starting all 3 games at RW, so I hear you on Teibert. Dont know what's up with Aleman, but sure I would like to see him too, maybe instead of Edwards or Aparicio.

Archived