2015 Pan Am Games

masster

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year has been a bit of a wake-up call for the TFC and Montreal clubs for sure looking at this tournament and the USL results. A lot of players who dominated in places like L10, PLSQ and the CIS but are getting exposed at a higer level of competition. Even with some of the cream like Henry and Petrasso being skimmed you would think these major metros would be producing more players who could look competent at this level.

Montreal was always expecting to have this problem and TFC has somewhat underperformed but also had lots of guys missing due to first team injuries and call ups. I don't think it's too poor of a result for TFC2, especially as they are playing a crap ton of Canadians who wouldn't be getting minutes otherwise and they are a very young team compared to the USL avg

Its not acting like a child. If he doesnt want to show up for int'l football he doesnt show up.

you were literally saying he should boycott the team because he didn't get minutes, that's acting childish, pulling a Nasri is not a good career move

you were literally saying he should boycott the team because he didn't get minutes, that's acting childish, pulling a Nasri is not a good career move

Or a carlos vella.

Not a good national team career move while the same coaches are in charge. Doesnt hurt his club career though

If he wasn't good enough I'd say it's childish. In this case, I'd say he was disrespected by the coach. If he didn't show up again, I'd more than understand why.

If he wasn't good enough I'd say it's childish. In this case, I'd say he was disrespected by the coach. If he didn't show up again, I'd more than understand why.

Bingo. Fly thousands of miles leaving your club team in central america to ride the pine behind usl subs isnt good for your career

Still childish, there are many reasons guys aren't played, in this case the answer seems to be tactical reasons, you may disagree with the tactics but that's neither here nor there. It is disrespect to the team and the country to not show up when called just because you didn't get the minutes you felt entitled to.

Also if im aleman im not showing up again until floro fam jam are out of the program

I can't believe this attitude.  Aleman is not the saviour of the CanMNT.  If a 21 year old acts as you suggest it would probably be best he didn't show up.  I'm not arguing that he shouldn't have been played more in this tournament but he would be doing himself absolutely no favours if he acted as you suggest.

Furthermore, everyone on here knows you have an extreme distaste for the Floros, and you may well be justified in this opinion, but repeating it over and over and over again is tedious and quite frankly it makes this forum unpleasant to visit.

he had virtually nothing to do with those chances, so yes they are unrelated

He did cross one in to Clarke I do believe.  He has been very lively no doubt.  I think it has to be said as well though that while we have had a few chances Peru has as well over the same time frame.  Whether this is due to Aleman being subbed on or not I'm not sure but a more open match may, while exciting, go against the strategy and possibly our best chances.

He did cross one in to Clarke I do believe.  He has been very lively no doubt.  I think it has to be said as well though that while we have had a few chances Peru has as well over the same time frame.  Whether this is due to Aleman being subbed on or not I'm not sure but a more open match may, while exciting, go against the strategy and possibly our best chances.

that was him crossing it from the left? Thought it was fisk but I didn't see it that well

@ Soccerpro

I have been more than critical of young Canadian and American players only showcasing their basic ball control and lateral pass abilities, but Mannella (I didn't watch today's game) was composed, strong on the ball and was able to march forward pretty good. You need a guy like that and I think he shows quite a bit of promise.

@ Dub

There's a lot of talent out here. We just need another pro club out here to light a fire underneath MLSE's ass and show how youth development should be done. Granted, the recent partnership with the FFF and how TFC appointed that new guy as the director should help with things.

I can't believe this attitude. Aleman is not the saviour of the CanMNT. If a 21 year old acts as you suggest it would probably be best he didn't show up. I'm not arguing that he shouldn't have been played more in this tournament but he would be doing himself absolutely no favours if he acted as you suggest.

Furthermore, everyone on here knows you have an extreme distaste for the Floros, and you may well be justified in this opinion, but repeating it over and over and over again is tedious and quite frankly it makes this forum unpleasant to visit.

Yayyaya best if a guy with the chip on his shoulder doesnt show up. Team before players. Shape before skill. Coach's tactics for the win

Thats really worked out for us.

No occean bad attitude. No osorio he showed up the coach. No aleman he didnt earn respect by riding the pine behind usl subs

Archived