2015 Pan Am Games

masster

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is anyone able to tell me how Cecilio Waterman is eligible for Panama when he's 24 this year?

During the Brazil game broadcast they said teams were allowed to field 3 over-age players, but Canada & Brazil chose not to do so. The right move for Canada since this is prep for Olympic qualifying and we can't do that during qualifying.

During the Brazil game broadcast they said teams were allowed to field 3 over-age players, but Canada & Brazil chose not to do so. The right move for Canada since this is prep for Olympic qualifying and we can't do that during qualifying.

Ya I guess, but there are some guys in the pool who are near the cut off and haven't had a chance at any level.  Daniel Haber for instance wouldn't be a bad call up as an over ager or Charlie Trafford.  

Ya I guess, but there are some guys in the pool who are near the cut off and haven't had a chance at any level.  Daniel Haber for instance wouldn't be a bad call up as an over ager or Charlie Trafford.  

Indeed. Also the team that will try to qualify for the Olympics later this years will look completely different to this one anyway. I expect to see guys like Larin, Hamilton, Froese and Gagnon-Lapare in the mix, so that's not really an argument as why not to bring in other players in the pan-am.

Indeed. Also the team that will try to qualify for the Olympics later this years will look completely different to this one anyway. I expect to see guys like Larin, Hamilton, Froese and Gagnon-Lapare in the mix, so that's not really an argument as why not to bring in other players in the pan-am.

That's the part where the CSA is kind of contradicting itself.  Our u23s were scheduled to play in a friendly tournament in Orlando (which Costa Rica did) but we pulled out at the last minute.. Ok, I thought we have a Pan Am tournament to use as prep so maybe we don't need to be playing the camps that a team such as USA is.  

It's great too that we have so much talent at this level that we need to call up tons of guys we've never seen just to have a look even though we have a good idea of the current U23 team as is.  BUT could this not have been done earlier?  Would it not have been better to have a camp as the Americans did and then cut it down so that we could give the Pan Ams our best shot and then be ready for qualifying with a battle ready team?

We're using a tournament as prep for a bunch of guys who most likely won't be there when it matters aside from a few.

Brazil hammering peru 4-0. Scored their 4th goal before 40 minutes.

The winner of this game tonight is going through as second place. Big game for canada.

If its a draw tie breaker is gf/ ga. (Assuming canada beats puru and brazil beats panama in the last games)

@CanadaSoccerEN: #canM23 XI v PAN: Crépeau (GK); Grant, James, Farmer, Black; Mannella ©, Boakai, Béland-Goyette, Gagnon-Laparé; Babouli, Fisk

No clarke or aleman

not too surprised on Clarke, he didn't look that good and missed the tap in cross. Aleman just doesn't really seem to fit the 4-1-4-1 lineup, at least to start a game

Why do you believe he is not suited to play as a CAM in the 4-1-4-1?

he's not considered to be a particularly tactically disciplined player by most who've seen him play and the 4-1-4-1 transitions more to a 4-3-3 in attack so he would need to be more defensively aware than as a traditional CAM

Watching 2nd half of the Brazil game before the Panama game. Boakai has his moments but what I am liking is Fisk combining well with the mids with his back to the goal, looking forward to his start tonight.

Was gonna go to this game but stupid shit came up, gonna make it to Monday's no matter what.

he's not considered to be a particularly tactically disciplined player by most who've seen him play and the 4-1-4-1 transitions more to a 4-3-3 in attack so he would need to be more defensively aware than as a traditional CAM

4-1-4-1 is an inherently offensive formation so if you're going to use it then at least use CAM's who can contribute to the attack, if not then go 4-2-3-1.

Archived