2015 Pan Am Games

masster

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Babouli was the man of the match. But he didn't get the ball enough. Lot of stuff went through Bokai but in the first half, he kept on being bottled up by 3 Braslians. Bokai's play is more mature. He isn't helter skelter running with the ball all the time.

Some players looked slow physically and mentally. At times, whole right mid field disappeared when Brazil was attacking. And way too much back passing including off a free kick which always led to Crepeau hoofing the ball to a less open player who ended up turning over the ball. Crepeau should have stopped first goal. Clarke should have scored in first half but was running out of control towards the goal.

For future matches in THF, having the Voyageurs in the end zone patio doesn't add much when viewing on tv. You get an appearance during the anthem and once in a while, you hear some faint chants. Moving to the corner sections in the non major grandstand beyond the field dimensions that were largely empty would have meant being on tv all the time and more ability to influence rest of the crowd.

While we lost by a lopsided score, I was not unhappy because the boys played and mixed up their attacking options.  It was nice to see some play on the ground.  I do wonder if the team relaxed a bit when the result became obvious and decided to play and have fun.  Creativity always happens most when the players are relaxed.  I would much rather see the senior GC team play this way as opposed to the bunker nonsense that Floro Sr. has prescribed thus far.  

Boakai, Babouli, Mannela, Lapare, James, and Black were most positively noteworthy in my view while Bouchard appears to be a weak link.  Is there another defensive option?

Finally, Crepeau was OK, but I would like to see Gomes start in goal for the next match. As well, Aleman needs to see some minutes.

Cheers!

For future matches in THF, having the Voyageurs in the end zone patio doesn't add much when viewing on tv. You get an appearance during the anthem and once in a while, you hear some faint chants. Moving to the corner sections in the non major grandstand beyond the field dimensions that were largely empty would have meant being on tv all the time and more ability to influence rest of the crowd.

We did move to a corner section for the second half so obviously there was no more tv exposure, the crowd around us did join in some songs and chants and friends who sat on the opposite side said they heard us quite well! The end zone is set quite far back and is not ideal but that's where we decided to congregate for the first half until we came up with a plan for the second half, we made as much noise as we could, there were only 20 of us which is a little disappointing!

I was at centre of the west stand.  You guys were quite audible from both the south end AND the northeast corner during the second half.  (which probably says a lot about how quiet the place was much of the time).

Hamilton is ... unique.  I hadn't realized that anyone in this century actually shouted "hoser" at people as insults. Can't even recall it happening last century ...

Given that we were given no opportunity to collectively sit anywhere, it's not really possible to organize anything, and I thought the south end thing was genius.  

There were a few of us at Touchdown and we left just in time for the Panama match (well 5 minutes late).  I guess the rest of you went straight to game.  There was plenty of space for future pre-games ... though with 5:30 weekday kickoffs, I guess most will go directly to the stadium.

There was a couple things I really wish we had done, but most prominent was it seems every throw-in, every free kick and every goal kick was either a pass backward or a short but sure pass forward. Very little risk taking, which I guess is understandable. Babouli impressed, I was less then impressed with Lapare. He seemed to have a case of nerves or something as he seemed very pensive.

Anyways, is there a game plan for the 16th?

They've now opened the entire East Side Upper deck on ticketmaster for the Thursday Mens game against Panama. Probably about 5000 tickets available.

For Mondays mens game against Peru there are no tickets available. They haven't opened up the east or west side upper decks, I assume they will do that soon.

Watched the 1st half on PVR (wanted to but couldn't make the game), and the player that stood out for me was Mannella, he was showing absolute class from the DM position, and his future is looking really bright. Great composure, quick one-touch passes, some silky smooth through balls from the centre of the pitch. Gagnon-Lepare also looked very steady. I know Boakai and Babouli had their moments and seems to have grown throughout the game, from reading the thread. Just wanted to say how classy Mannella looked in his passing and touches.

Yet, Brazil's one-touch passing, movement off the ball, the give and gos through the midfield, Canada couldn't touch that whatsoever.

I was completely fine with the short passes, forwards and backwards, off most of the set pieces. That's exactly what we want to do for Canada, bring a shift in focus to short passes and possession-oriented playmaking, instead of thinking that we always have to go forward and that lumping it up to the front 3 is a better alternative most of the time.

Whoever is in charge of ticket sales for the Pan Am soccer games is WAY too slow releasing new seats for sale and I'm sure it is costing hundreds if not thousands of ticket sales. They finally have opened up the Upper Deck on the East side for sale for this Thursday's games. But right now the Canada game on the 20th has no tickets available. Other games this weekend show only a handful of corner seats left with Upper decks still not released for sale. 

It should never get to the point of having only a handful of lousy seats or none at all remaining before the Upper decks go on sale. Really poorly done because clearly some people will have looked - see  no seats available - or only a few corner seats - and make alternate plans for that night. Many would not come back a day or two later to discover they could have gotten quite good midfield seats in the upper deck when the organizers finally got around to opening those up for sale.

I'll be there Thursday!. 

Whoever is in charge of ticket sales for the Pan Am soccer games is WAY too slow releasing new seats for sale and I'm sure it is costing hundreds if not thousands of ticket sales. They finally have opened up the Upper Deck on the East side for sale for this Thursday's games. But right now the Canada game on the 20th has no tickets available. Other games this weekend show only a handful of corner seats left with Upper decks still not released for sale.

It should never get to the point of having only a handful of lousy seats or none at all remaining before the Upper decks go on sale. Really poorly done because clearly some people will have looked - see no seats available - or only a few corner seats - and make alternate plans for that night. Many would not come back a day or two later to discover they could have gotten quite good midfield seats in the upper deck when the organizers finally got around to opening those up for sale.

I'll be there Thursday!.

I tweeted the organizers about this. No response.

Theyre throwing away money.

It should never get to the point of having only a handful of lousy seats or none at all remaining before the Upper decks go on sale. Really poorly done because clearly some people will have looked - see  no seats available - or only a few corner seats - and make alternate plans for that night. Many would not come back a day or two later to discover they could have gotten quite good midfield seats in the upper deck when the organizers finally got around to opening those up for sale.

I'll be there Thursday!. 

Somebody finally got the memo and they've opened up thousands of tickets to all remaining games.

The mens tournament is definately outdrawing the womens.

I tweeted the organizers about this. No response.

Theyre throwing away money.

More than just money. Some Toronto V's not bothering to be arsed to get to games because it isn't  as easy as it could be is so unnecessary. I had a great time Sun (Thanks Hamilton V's) and am still on the bubble for tomorrow because of the ticket situation. I'll look at available tickets online but not through TM.

BTW- we had no issue (well little issue) with supporting the usual way in the South patio and then in stands in the corner where there were plenty of empty seats as to not get on anybodys nerves standing and singing and the like.

More than just money. Some Toronto V's not bothering to be arsed to get to games because it isn't  as easy as it could be is so unnecessary. I had a great time Sun (Thanks Hamilton V's) and am still on the bubble for tomorrow because of the ticket situation. I'll look at available tickets online but not through TM.

BTW- we had no issue (well little issue) with supporting the usual way in the South patio and then in stands in the corner where there were plenty of empty seats as to not get on anybodys nerves standing and singing and the like.

Look at my above post, the issue has been rectified. Thousands of upper level seats are now available for the Canada matches.

Archived